World of Goo

I'm stuck on the trying to make a really high tower level, mine keeps swaying to the left or right. >< Great game though esp for 5 bucks.

I was stuck in world 1 for like 5 try when I was trying to build that darn tower. It kept tipping over. I beat world one. I'm not in rush to beat this game any time soon. I'm going to take my sweet time.

Bought it over the weekend but I haven't had a chance to play anything but the first level yet...I'll have to dig into it soon. Sounds like a lot of fun.

I had my roommates playing it this weekend, and it was quite amusing. Most of them were sitting around saying how stupid and strange it was, yet they couldn't put it down and were egging one another throughout the levels. :lol:

I was half tempted to pick this up on the PC for well, but I already bought it on WiiWare. I thought $15 was great, $5 is a steal!

Game is truly awesome - I wrote my own rhttp://www.kennedynewmedia.com/2009/03/09/worldofgooreview/eview of it on my website as well. I was able to finish it in one 5-6 hour sitting (I lost track of time), and now am going back through and OCD'ing every level... my sanity is definitely questionable at best. I really got stuck on World Four on the first virus level - it was complete accident that I figured out the solution, lol. For the longest time I tried throwing goo balls into the pipe. Just FYI, that doesn't work.

I've done almost all of world one with OCD and it probably took me 2 hours - learning a couple tricks really helped me out:

1) Throwing your goo balls to bounce sleeping goo balls and wake them up saves you a TON of goo balls. It takes a bit of time, but if the OCD is not time or turn based, this is the way to go. If it is time or turn-based, then most likely you need to build.

2) Create a triangle with green goo-balls and get it near the pipe, then disconnect it from the rest of your structure and the suction from the pipe keeps it suspended in mid-air. Then, you just manually drop the remaining goo balls onto the triangle and watch your score go up and up!

Hope these help! I'd give tips on the upper shaft, but I don't remember where that was at the moment. Which level is it on?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I'm a retard on the link, thanks for the heads up. Checked out your site as well now that I'm home and I really like it. Keep up the awesome writing! You're welcome - I'm off now to try and polish off World 1 w/ OCD.

I picked this up over the weekend too. It's a lot of fun, but I had to skip a few levels on the first world.
Also is there any way to adjust the resolution?

[quote name='Sinistar']I picked this up over the weekend too. It's a lot of fun, but I had to skip a few levels on the first world.
Also is there any way to adjust the resolution?[/quote]
You have to edit the .ini file but results may vary. I'd stick to 800x600 and just run it in window mode.

Finally got past the tower of goo, my tower kept on swaying back and forth but a better base solved that. I also built my other tower up to 11.4 m tall but that's like nothing but I have like 30 gooballs atm.

Played for about an hour last night and still couldn't finish up world 1 OCD'ing everything - the odd thing is that the game is still fun after failing so many times, lol. The hardest levels for me are the limited moves OCD status. I've still yet to pass one with OCD - I'm about to hit the FAQ to help out, lol.

anyone hear that the developer is currently in chapter 11? Apparently as a thank you for the good quality, reasonable price, and no DRM people decided to thank them with a 90% piracy rate.

[quote name='n25philly']anyone hear that the developer is currently in chapter 11? Apparently as a thank you for the good quality, reasonable price, and no DRM people decided to thank them with a 90% piracy rate.[/quote]

It's the publisher filing bankruptcy, I'm not sure that the developer is owned by them.

The sale on Steam surely helped sales, it had to. I'd like to see some figures, especially after Gabe stated a few weeks back that their 75% off sales bring in more revenue than 25% or 50% off...

If you simply look at [torrent site], you'd wonder how any digital media creator makes money. Discussing the 90% piracy rate in a vacuum is absolutely meaningless.

The boxed version of WoG has been one of Amazon's top 20 PC games since release, often hovering around 10 or 11. The publisher filing for bankruptcy probably had nothing to do with WoG. If you bought WoG from Steam, all of your money goes to Valve and 2D Boy.

I bought WoG last weekend because I felt $5 was a nice price point. $20 is too expensive, IMHO.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Ohh thx, why didn't I see that before, I tried the drop the heavy thing and hope all the green goos stopped it. Didn't work ^^[/QUOTE]

Yeah that level isn't really obvious.

[quote name='Serik']WoG is probably the best $5 I've spent on a videogame. The music is my favorite part![/quote]

Oh I agree, a sub would have only lasted me one day lol and not even a full day.

Yea I enjoy the music too and I was trying to explain the art style to a friend as I came up with something similar to Nightmare Before Christmas but less creepy.

Maybe a stupid question but... I bought this off steam, how do I get it to play in windowed mode? It doesn't like my dual monitor setup.

bread's done
Back