World of Warcraft + 60 day gamecard for $50 @ bestbuy

Great deal. I'm new to MMORPGs but I picked this up today. Hopefully I can get it running on my Powerbook, else I'm going to have to pick up a new iMac... ;)

[quote name='sanjuro']I'm not familiar w/MMORPGs, does this version of WOW come with a 'free' month of playtime like other MMORPGs?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it does. I thought all versions of WoW came with one month free? someone correct me if im wrong.

I'm not sure if u can use coupons with this because the coupon says "excludes special offers"

yeah, free month, free trial for friend... can coupons on both would make it $40 instead of $50, unless you can use the coupon in this thread as welll, which would be a good deal for a beginner MMO player

You can also get the trial code from Fileplanet or something like that and you'll get be getting an extra ten days on top of the 3 months plus game for $50 in this case. Yes that works, I was using a 10 day trial, put my retail code in about 7 days in and the included month kicked in at the end of the 10 days.

It is cheaper if you use a coupon for both. $20 (for the gamecard) + $20 (for the game) = $40 (90 days of World of Warcraft and the game!!)

I tried using the coupon and buying the game buy itself and was turned down because the coupon says not offered on sale items. So, I would say this is YMMV... You have to convince the cashier to override the system and give you the ten dollars off. The gamecard, I have no idea.

[quote name='zackattack']you have to buy a box after the trial, unless FP is different..[/QUOTE]

I never said you didn't, I meant you sign up for the trial and use that code as the one you use to initially start your account and then use the retail code.

[quote name='clockworkvictim']I tried using the coupon and buying the game buy itself and was turned down because the coupon says not offered on sale items. So, I would say this is YMMV... You have to convince the cashier to override the system and give you the ten dollars off. The gamecard, I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

You just got a smart cashier (which is rare). I have used the coupon on sale items plenty of times, I just used one on City of Villains Collectors Edition and there was no problem at all. The game is marked $69.99 on the box, rang up on sale for $29.99, I used a coupon and it applied automatically and the cashier didn't care.

They don't have to override the system, as long as the game is still $29.99, whether it's on sale or not, even though the coupon states so (which is just BB trying to dissaude people from taking a bigger chunk out of a sale price).

I would go back again and get a different cashier.

[quote name='Roufuss']You just got a smart cashier (which is rare). I have used the coupon on sale items plenty of times, I just used one on City of Villains Collectors Edition and there was no problem at all. The game is marked $69.99 on the box, rang up on sale for $29.99, I used a coupon and it applied automatically and the cashier didn't care.

They don't have to override the system, as long as the game is still $29.99, whether it's on sale or not, even though the coupon states so (which is just BB trying to dissaude people from taking a bigger chunk out of a sale price).

I would go back again and get a different cashier.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that's weird because I saw the coupon applied on the screen and it said 0.00. I might try again but there were only two copies left and I doubt they are still there.

[quote name='clockworkvictim']Hmm, that's weird because I saw the coupon applied on the screen and it said 0.00. I might try again but there were only two copies left and I doubt they are still there.[/QUOTE]

It always says 0.00 for me, same as it does with freebies. When they hit total, it will go to a screen that says "Packaging Prices..." and then a box will come up letting them know the $10 discount was applied.

[quote name='Roufuss']You just got a smart cashier (which is rare). I have used the coupon on sale items plenty of times, I just used one on City of Villains Collectors Edition and there was no problem at all. The game is marked $69.99 on the box, rang up on sale for $29.99, I used a coupon and it applied automatically and the cashier didn't care.
[/QUOTE]

So you got Sity of villans ce for $20, nice! :cool: Whats in the CE?

[quote name='abhinav']So you got Sity of villans ce for $20, nice! :cool: Whats in the CE?[/QUOTE]

Hm... let's see.

- An artbook that features art from City of Heroes / City of Villains (haven't looked at it yet).

- The game on ONE DVD!! (the main selling point to me)

- A bunch of Heroclix figures.

- Two exclusive in-game items.

- Some playing cards for a CCG they are going to start up.

- A map of the rogue isles.

Nothing I would have ever spent $70 on, but at $20, it is very nice.

[quote name='Roufuss']It always says 0.00 for me, same as it does with freebies. When they hit total, it will go to a screen that says "Packaging Prices..." and then a box will come up letting them know the $10 discount was applied.[/QUOTE]

Well, back to best buy :).

That's weird it doesn't show until they hit total, I'll try it out again and if I'm denied, I'll just return it.

I picked up the CE edition of villians as well, it's a great buy for 20$.

Note to original OP however, you should change you title as it implies you have to buy WOW for 10 discount. You can buy any 29.99 game and get 10$ of the wow subscription.

bread's done
Back