World of Warcraft eBay auction

epb

CAGiversary!
I recently tried out the World of Warcraft demo and, I hate myself for saying this, but I'm hooked. I was considering buying it from the following ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200334168064&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

It's listed as being in "Very Good" condition, not new, but the seller claims it comes with a "guaranteed key". From what I understand, every retail copy of the game comes with the first 30 days free. I decided to ask the seller whether or not that's the case with his item and he responds that he's not sure. I decided to press him further on it and pointed him to Blizzard's website where it describes that a "Retail Authentication Key" gets you 30 days free and wanted to make sure a "guaranteed key" = "Retail Authentication Key". He replies to me (all in caps mind you) that he doesn't scam people and to look at his feedback if I'm worried. Unfortunately, he didn't answer my question as to what exactly a "guaranteed key" is. My question is, am I just being overly cautious? I'm new to WOW and ignorant as to how the registration process works and just want to make sure I know what I'm buying. If I buy this and it's a valid key, is there anyway I still won't get the 30 days free? In other words, is it possible to buy an authentic copy of the game and not get the 30 days? I really don't think the guy's trying to scam anyone, I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing. Thanks.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i would buy from someone else...seems a little uneasy that he responded like that to you[/quote]

Yeah, you're probably right. I really don't think he's trying to scam anyone, but I don't know enough about WOW and registration keys to feel comfortable buying this without some more info.

I'd personally avoid it, due to his lack of a concrete answer. Best Buy has the Battle Chest(Vanilla + Burning Crusade) for 30 this week, and that's probably the best price you'll find on it, as BC goes for 30 these days anyway.

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']I'd personally avoid it, due to his lack of a concrete answer. Best Buy has the Battle Chest(Vanilla + Burning Crusade) for 30 this week, and that's probably the best price you'll find on it, as BC goes for 30 these days anyway.[/quote]

Cool. How's Burning Crusade? I've taken a look at some of the new features, but other than the new races, is there anything in there that I'll be able to use right off the bat or will I have to be fairly high leveled before I can make use of that stuff?

[quote name='epb']Cool. How's Burning Crusade? I've taken a look at some of the new features, but other than the new races, is there anything in there that I'll be able to use right off the bat or will I have to be fairly high leveled before I can make use of that stuff?[/quote]

Burning Crusade will be fairly worthless to you until you hit 58. Until then, only things you'll miss out on are Blood Elves and Draenei, Paladins for the Horde and Shaman for the Alliance, and possibly Jewelcrafting. I can't remember if they put Jewelcrafting trainers in WoW-vanilla cities or not.

Outside of that though, there shouldn't be any difference levelling from 1-58 with no expansions or with all of them. Once you get to 58-60, you're gonna run out of stuff to do real fast without the expansions.

Also, if you're starting a new account, may want to consider making a cag happy by using their recruit-a-friend link. If you play together, you both get assorted bonuses. If you don't, you don't get anything but the person you sign up under gets a few things.

bread's done
Back