World of Warcraft? EDIT: $29.99 @ Target B&M YMMV

spek

CAGiversary!
I know I just missed out on the BB and Amazon deals, but does anyone know of upcoming WoW deals on the interweb or elsewhere?

[quote name='spek']I know I just missed out on the BB and Amazon deals, but does anyone know of upcoming WoW deals on the interweb or elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy tends to like repeating deals several months down the line or for particular events or holidays, so I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if there was another sale (probably not as good as the most recent one + coupon) around the time the expansion is set to come out. If that doesn't happen at Best Buy another retailer may toss the game on sale in order to spur further sales of the expansion and whatnot.

Personally, I'm waiting for another sale. I'd estimate we may see another good sale in the next three months or so but...well, I can wait. My backlog is already approaching five to six years in length and an MMO won't help matters any.

As someone who just picked up the game for $20 at Best Buy (with the $10 off $29.99 games coupon), I wish you the best of luck trying to find a better deal.

Plus, as someone whose free trial just ran out this morning....I'm going through withdrawl at this point; I'm holding off until Spring Break before installing the full version.

[quote name='bjkrautk']Plus, as someone whose free trial just ran out this morning....I'm going through withdrawl at this point; I'm holding off until Spring Break before installing the full version.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. If you have will power to end all will power, you may as well go for it now but if you have things like obligations and work to do...damn, beware. Push it off until summer, if necessary. I've seen many a people fail out of school based on WoW alone, sadly.

Ach, that's the best cheapass advice true, but I need to get the game asap for work. Ah well, time to bite the retailass bullet (and use this $20 gift card I've been hoarding for a year ;) ).

Just got back from Target, they had an unmarked sale on WoW for 29.99. Woot for cheapazz!

[quote name='spek']Just got back from Target, they had an unmarked sale on WoW for 29.99. Woot for cheapazz![/QUOTE]

Just wanted to reiterate that this was going on on Saturday as well but it may be gone by now. Even better (and stranger) is that it was marked as $29.99 at my local Targets but some other stores apparently haven't marked it as such. That and there were no "sale" or "special" signs up...possible repricing/clearance at Target?

bread's done
Back