World of Warcraft for $20 from 10/1-10/7, Possibly B&M

dbz4ever

CAGiversary!
Got an WalMart ad today in the mail. Don't know if it works online during that time. Maybe someone working there can confirm. You can take the ad to PM at BB or CC if you get the ad in the mail also.

Good luck.:)

[quote name='dastly75']Don't buy this game if you appreciate your soul. Seriously.[/quote] 2nd, I just quit this addiction 3 months ago and sometimes I feel like putting money down on the exanpsion and going back to the WoW addiction.

They dropped the price because the expansion is due soon. However, the expansion is currently priced $40, which is unreasonable IMO.

Lord I need to stay away from that crack, I almost made the dummb mistake of thinking about renewing my account a couple nights ago.

Anyway even at the horrible price of $40 you know that it's going to sell better then any of the other Blizz expansion packs that have come out at $40.

Thanks for the correction on the price. You guys talk like this game is pointless at the end or something, is it that case?

[quote name='dbz4ever']Thanks for the correction on the price. You guys talk like this game is pointless at the end or something, is it that case?[/quote]

It's not pointless, but in order to advance much further beyond level 60, you need to get the better gear. The better gear only drops in high-end instances, and require 40 players to get through. And it can't be just ANY 40 players, you have to take a certain number of each class (or type of class). You have to bring warriors to tank, priests to heal, hunters to pull, druids and paladins/shamans to heal and off-tank, etc etc.

Now add to all that the fact that those 40-man dungeons can take 5-6 hours (or more!) to complete. Oh, I nearly forgot...each piece of high-end equipment usually only has a small chance (usually 8%-12%) to drop. I've heard of players spending over 100 hours doing those raid dungeons, and still not having all of their gear.

Some people love that sort of thing, a lot of people despise it.

At my local Best Buy yesterday, they had a display of World of Warcraft discs at the registers, all marked $1.99. Circuit City had them as well. They were just in cardboard sleeves, and likely had pdf documentation, but hey, they're $1.99.

[quote name='mblackwl']At my local Best Buy yesterday, they had a display of World of Warcraft discs at the registers, all marked $1.99. Circuit City had them as well. They were just in cardboard sleeves, and likely had pdf documentation, but hey, they're $1.99.[/quote]

That's a 14 day trial that I picked up on sunday, and I'm already obsessed with it. Also this is a uni drop, I saw the full game at Target yesterday fot $19.99.

I'd say I'm gonna miss my soul, but I'd be lying.

What happens at the end of the 14 day trial verison of WoW? Will I be able to import my character to the full verison of the game?

Thanks for the correction on the price. You guys talk like this game is pointless at the end or something, is it that case?

It's a black hole of time, like many MMORPGs, but this one has the ability to addict people that weren't the original target demographic.

Video games are supposed to be a fun hobby. For a lot of players, WoW ends up becoming their lives and real life ends up being an annoying hinderance.

[quote name='Kyo']What happens at the end of the 14 day trial verison of WoW? Will I be able to import my character to the full verison of the game?[/quote]

I sure hope so. I'll be picking up the full version regardless, If no one else answers you I'll let ya know what happens.

Some reason I doubt they let you since there would be no point in buying the full game if they market the 1.99 WoW disc trial.

If not, I may go to WoW since I used to Lineage 2 all the time.

[quote name='espy605']It's a black hole of time, like many MMORPGs, but this one has the ability to addict people that weren't the original target demographic.

Video games are supposed to be a fun hobby. For a lot of players, WoW ends up becoming their lives and real life ends up being an annoying hinderance.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think I'll like WoW before I play the 14 days trial. After leveling to level 10 at the end of trial, I want more WoW. WoW is very tempting at the price of $19.99 but I'm afraid my life will be ruined if I buy this game.

Ive played WoW probably for a year and a half on and off and never really got addicted till I hit 60 and did instances, but then I quit because I knew i would play a lot.

Everyone stfu and roll on Dark Iron Alliance side. My name is Aex.
Dignity, health, and friends are overrated.

[quote name='derder']Everyone stfu and roll on Dark Iron Alliance side. My name is Aex.
Dignity, health, and friends are overrated.[/quote]

Overrated? So you want to die a slow horrible undignified lonely death!?!

Circuitcity.com now has it for $20 as well. I just started playing the $1.99 14 day trial yesterday and I've been having a great time with it. I think you should be able to keep everything from the trial if you decide to upgrade, since on the account management you can "upgrade" your trial account to a retail account. To do this, you need either a retail game code, or you can buy a code online for $40. Obviously, in this case, just buying the game is the better choice, as it is now half the price.

[quote name='SilverGriever']That's a 14 day trial that I picked up on sunday, and I'm already obsessed with it. Also this is a uni drop, I saw the full game at Target yesterday fot $19.99.

I'd say I'm gonna miss my soul, but I'd be lying.[/QUOTE]

That's what got me hooked, well after the beta planted the seed that is, so I'll tell you how the shadey deed goes down. If you pick up a full copy anytime during the trial you can take the code for your first month and enter it into your account. After that your 14 day trial will still keep going and once it ends then your month and billing period will kick in. Everything you've done on your account will continue on like you were paying from the get go.

I'd sure think so, they're big concern now anyway is milking as many more subscribers as possible and getting them all to buy the expansion.

I just put in a retail code, and you do still get the free 30 days after upgrading from a trial account, but the 30 days starts right when you put the code in. So if anybody else is playing a trial and plans on upgrading, unless the trial account restrictions are a big deal for you, wait until the end of the trial to put in the retail code to get the full 14 days free and an additional 30 days free.

EDIT: After I put in a prepaid game card, and looked at my subscrption, it says the 14 day trial is still active, with the free month pending. So it turns out afterall that if you get the 14 day trial, then buy the game, you get the 14 days free, and then after that, the free month from buying the game. When I put the retail code in, it said that the free month was "now activated," which I thought meant that it started taking the time off of that free month.

bread's done
Back