World of Warcraft is out!!! Are you playing??

[quote name='dafoomie']This is a game I'd definitely play, but I can not justify $50 for the game and $15 a month. Thats insane. XBL doesn't cost that and you can play any number of games. People will pay it though, and they'll make a boatload of money, so more power to them. But I sure as hell am not paying that rediculous amount of money to play one single videogame.[/quote]

Right on man! I hate these games with monthly services. There are too many to choose from. I wish they would just create an umbrella service with 4-5 of them (or even all of them) for $50 a year or even upto $60 a year is acceptable.

[quote name='tenzor']we should start a cag guild for everyone who is playing WOW[/quote]

I'd love to get in on that...if there are some late night players.

I couldn't get into this for some reason....i got to play the eq2 beta and was into it from the start...mostly bc i was so impressed with the quality of the launch. anyway....my pick is eq2 over WoW. is anyone hear playin eq2?

[quote name='Othergods']Up to level 25 Human Mage and level 6 NIght Elf Druid on Hellscream. The game is very fun!!!!!![/quote]

wow, level 25, what are your professions?

(i'm only level 16 at the highest..)

[quote name='godhatesjustyou'][quote name='Othergods']Up to level 25 Human Mage and level 6 NIght Elf Druid on Hellscream. The game is very fun!!!!!![/quote]

(i'm only level 16 at the highest..)[/quote]I am an Alchemist and Herbalist Both skills in the 190s Woot!!! I play this game way to much lol.

[quote name='Skexis']Yeah, I had originally planned to get mine from buy.com during the sale on the front page. I started to get curious after a while why my game was still listed as "on order" after 8 days, when a friend pointed this link out to me. http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/23/0426207&tid=209&tid=206

As it turns out, Vivendi clamped down on the number of Collector's Edition units that were shipping at the last second. I'm still hoping against hope that buy.com will get some more eventually.[/quote]

Wow, glad I cancelled my order with them then! I had the CE ordered from them as well, but after nearly a week of still being "on order" I couldn't take it anymore - cancelled it and went to find the CE locally. My local Best Buy had had a stack of the the Saturday before, but when I went looking the following Tuesday there were none to be found. After asking several employees (who had no clue what I was talking about) I grabbed my copy of Hero & headed for the door. A guy I know was working the front counter, and he stopped me and started talking. I told him what I was looking for, he called over one of the other employees, and they went to the returns desk and pulled out a sealed copy someone had returned earlier that day. Score! :D

It's an awesome game, but I haven't gotten to play as much as I'd like. I'm on the Feathermoon server, Aliance-side, so if anyone's interested in playing some let me know.

Kazarn - level 20 Tauren Shaman on Durotar server. I got in the open beta and was hooked. I signed up for six months, which is $12.95 per month. In the long run, I will end up saving money because I don't see me buying too many more games while I am hooked. I am glad I finished HALO 2 before this came out, otherwise it may be collecting dust. I have KOTOR II preordered and paid for and still haven't pick it up. I use my lunch break to go home and play for an hour. I guess I had bettter go get it today before they sell it to someone else.

As a side note, WoW is the perfect MMORPG. There is no forced grouping. If you only have 20 minutes to play, you can work on solo quests, work on trade skills or just do some grinding. If you have several hours, you group and work on some of the elite quests or tackles some of the tougher areas. I have not seen any sort of time sink so far. The trade skills are simple and easy to do in the field. Each class is balanced. I am loving it.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']
As a side note, WoW is the perfect MMORPG. There is no forced grouping. If you only have 20 minutes to play, you can work on solo quests, work on trade skills or just do some grinding. If you have several hours, you group and work on some of the elite quests or tackles some of the tougher areas.[/quote]Very true statement!!!

[quote name='Stryffe2004']

As a side note, WoW is the perfect MMORPG. There is no forced grouping. If you only have 20 minutes to play, you can work on solo quests, work on trade skills or just do some grinding. If you have several hours, you group and work on some of the elite quests or tackles some of the tougher areas. I have not seen any sort of time sink so far. The trade skills are simple and easy to do in the field. Each class is balanced. I am loving it.[/quote]I agree... it really is a great game. I also noticed how many things it takes from all the different MMORPGs. The PvP system has a lot of DAoC-like qualities (although I think it looks like it'll be better in WoW!), the interface and health bars all remind me of CoH... quests are really quick, and actually fun - I even had an NPC that gave me a quest refuse to pay me, then challenge me to a fight. I fought him, but didn't beat him in the allowed time, so I kept bothering him and he finally gave me 25gp and some XP anyways. Pretty fun stuff... I know that so far, it's been great when I have an hour or less, and it's been great when I have 4 hours or so - it's a must play for any MMORPG fan.

I will be picksing this up at some point in the near future, but i wont install/play it until later on in January. I want get through the holidays and finish 3 certain games and then i'll be ready to dive in.

BTW, i was in on the beta...it really is THAT good

Picked WoW up last Saturday, it is the first MMORPG that I ever played and I am loving it! I have always avoided them because I don't like having another bill each month. That said, I may actually save money playing this game, I probably will be buying fewer games for awhile!

Thunderhorn server
Level 12 Night Elf Hunter
"Niteshift"

Mostly play late at night or early morning.

[quote name='Othergods'][quote name='godhatesjustyou'][quote name='Othergods']Up to level 25 Human Mage and level 6 NIght Elf Druid on Hellscream. The game is very fun!!!!!![/quote]

(i'm only level 16 at the highest..)[/quote]I am an Alchemist and Herbalist Both skills in the 190s Woot!!! I play this game way to much lol.[/quote]
Update level 29 (8K exp from 30) and Alchemy is 215. I also have a level 12 Elf Druid.

I've picked up the guide/binder and i'm currently doing research as to which Race/Class/Name im going to be, as well as learning as much as i ca about the various items and such. 432 pages...of fun! (yes, this is one of the few times i will release my inner dork...that much)

This is easily the greatest MMO I have ever played, which doesn't say much because I haven't played a lot of them. But this game solves all the problems I have had with the idea of MMOs in the past. If anyone is sitting on the fence on this one, don't. Do yourself a favor and pick it up.

(yes, this is one of the few times i will release my inner dork...that much)

haha - I usually read up on the classes before I play as well :p

Does anyone know what soulshards are and what they are used for? I'm a warlock, and I seem to get them for using this particular drain spell I got- but I have no clue what to do with them - and they are not sellable :(

OfHell'sFire][quote](yes said:
You use them to summon creatures...like the voidwalker and the succubus. You also use them to make soulstones and healthstones. Soul shards are critical, but you don't need more than say four of them at any given time.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']
OfHell'sFire][quote](yes said:
Awesome... so basically when I get spells that need them, I'll know?

yeah. Actually I don't remember having soul shards and not being able to use them. So you may be able to use them or you may have to get training to use them.

I honestly can't stop playing this. MY undead warlock is now up to 32nd level.

Plus I got some cool treats from Greatfather Winter,

i almost popped it in just for the x-mas specials...but i kept strong. I will log on for the first time New Years Eve. Im off 2 days in a row, and have NO plans what so ever

I really want to try it out, but I really don't want to pay $15 a month (or even $50 in the first place).

Gamespot gave it overall GOTY and I agreed with practically every other GOTY award this year.

Im caving in...Any opinions on servers? I'll be signing up in a bit... argh.

EDIT: I'll be on the Silvemoon server. I'm trying out a bit of everything right now...First character is "Projectile" the Dwarf

Server - Silver Moon

Tauren - Datail
Dwarf - Projectile
Human - Imagie
Night Elf - Keeblarian

See ya guys around!

hey,
just got it for christmas and i installed and set up today. looks like everyone else is trying to be a night elf also. I have to see what server I'm on, but after I learn a few of the ropes, id like to find some people to group with.

I am on Hellscream. Currently Level 38 Human Mage and Have a level 13 Elf Druid. Loving the game, only bad part is it keeps me from Halo 2.

[quote name='Moxio']Ugh, I'm tempted to buy this... but I MUST wait for Guild Wars to come out! Must... resist monthly payment...[/quote]

Dude, I am the Guild Wars whore of this site, and even I caved for WoW. Though I'll probably abandon it once GW actually does come out. But for now, WoW is oh so sweet to me.

BearTree.jpg

Wow. This keeps getting better and better.

Created a new character.

An undead named Shaunov :)

my month free trial is up and i still have a two month sub card left. but i think i'm going to give it up because i don't have time for it. but i really really wanna play still! someone convince me to keep playing!

I just started yesterday. I had a heck of a time actually finding a copy - I had to drive to an EBgames in the middle of Nowhere, MI. It was worth it though!

[quote name='opportunity777']Don't keep playing because paying a monthly fee for one game in the long run burns a hole in both your wallet and more importantly your life :)[/quote]

that's exactly what i was thinking when i decided to quit. it is such a great game though, i wish i was just good enough to have already seen the endgame (or no end-game) material but i'm afraid that would take months for me.

Lvl 47 Gnome Mage on Lightning's Blade server here. Believe it or not, but this game actually saves me money, I haven't bought a video game since it came out, and probably wont buy another one for a couple of monhts.

[quote name='BigBen']Lvl 41 Human Mage on Hellscream server here. Believe it or not, but this game actually saves me money, I haven't bought a video game since it came out, and probably wont buy another one for a couple of monhts.[/quote] :roll: :lol:

[quote name='Draccius']I just started yesterday. I had a heck of a time actually finding a copy - I had to drive to an EBgames in the middle of Nowhere, MI. It was worth it though![/quote]

Yea I've been everywhere on the eastside of Detroit and I can track down a copy to save my life.

I've only seen a few, but they are out there. All i can really suggest is finding an EB/Gamestop with nice personnel to hold one for you.

ok, im officially addicted. my girlfriend got my this for christmas, and it looks like its going to lead me to completely ignore her. ive never played an MMORPG before, but i heard this was so good that I wanted to give it a try.

on another note, im only on level 10 after 5 days or so of playing. how long does it usually take to get really up there in levels so i can stop dying all the time?

[quote name='jalu6']ok, im officially addicted. my girlfriend got my this for christmas, and it looks like its going to lead me to completely ignore her. ive never played an MMORPG before, but i heard this was so good that I wanted to give it a try.

on another note, im only on level 10 after 5 days or so of playing. how long does it usually take to get really up there in levels so i can stop dying all the time?[/quote]

If all you do is play and level, about 2 weeks...or less. If you take your time and enjoy yourself, a month to a month and a half

ok, tell me if this is a little weird.

ive been playing with a night elf warrior i created for a few days. but the other night i tried to justify my addiction to my girlfriend by showing her the game. shes a big fan of the sims and games like that, so she dug making her own character that sorta looks like her. she made a human warlock and played for about a half hour.

so for the last few nights, ive been using her character because i like the class and the idea of summoning and a strange thing has been happening. everyone is much much nicer to me and has been giving me free stuff. its a lot easier to find help on quests now and besides getting hit on every once in a while (which is creepy) it makes the game a lot easier.

for example, i was looking for some help in a quest and i came across a level 24 hunter. he helped me kill what i needed to and started talking to me. before i could tell him i was a guy, he just gave me 50 silvers. (which is a lot at level 10).

is this what being a girl is really like? it makes me feel a little dirty, but very wealthy.

I created a Female Human...named Imagie. You can pronounce it em-ah-g or im-uh-guy...guess which one i mean :) Anyways, i do get more random help AND i get bowed to after they do it.

Its kinda weird. I did play as a female character in PSO, and the same damn thing happened.

My idea though, is why would i want to look at some males ass for 100's of hours when i can click a simple button and get at least some digital female booty on the screen?

bread's done
Back