World's Favorite Videogames chosen by the people

The 700 gamers mark has been reach!!

Ocarina of Time is still owning the competition. 177 people put it in their Top 25. I feel a little bit like a sell out since I ranked it 9th in my list, but hey it was a wonderful experience.
For my defense OoT is the only game from the general Top 10 that is on my list.

Still I am glad to see Shadow of the Colossus in the Top 15. I doubt it'll stay that way when the gamer count reaches 1000 though.

800 gamers have contributed so far!!
Out of these 803 gamers, 202 have Ocarina of Time in their list!! That's just crazyy!!

If you've made a list, don't be scared to be picked on and post it.
It's okay if you listed 3 Pokemon in your Top 25. Man up and be proud :D

PS: I've never played a Pokemon game yet, but I promise to try Black & White

I only looked at the 1st 100 rankings, but the fact that neither Pac-Man nor Ms. Pac-Man were anywhere to be found shows some seriously questionable judgment on the part of these voters. I understand people are going to vote for what they like, but seeing a bunch of Zelda games and square RPG's tells you something about the kind of people voting here.

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's personal favorites, not a what-game-is-better-than-another.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's hard for me to swallow that so many people would leave out the all-time favorite games that basically defined video games as we know them, and instead chose favorites such as pokemon games. Going off that info I'm going to make a fairly educated guess and assume the majority of people who participated in this were under the age of 20.

A lot of the games that defined genres aren't nearly as fun as others that have built off them. You may be right about the age group, but I'm not going to hold it against anyone if they enjoy Half-Life 2 more than DOOM.

[quote name='JoshTX']I only looked at the 1st 100 rankings, but the fact that neither Pac-Man nor Ms. Pac-Man were anywhere to be found shows some seriously questionable judgment on the part of these voters. I understand people are going to vote for what they like, but seeing a bunch of Zelda games and square RPG's tells you something about the kind of people voting here.[/QUOTE]

In the near future, the site will be able to differentiate the all time toplist:
- by generation (gamers born in 80-84 vs 85-89 vs 75-79...)
- by country (US vs UK vs France ...)
- by gender (M vs F lists).

That will probably show some interesting results :)

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's personal favorites, not a what-game-is-better-than-another.[/QUOTE]

Considering that "better" is subjective, I don't see much of a difference. That's why there'll never be a universally accepted "Top # Games of All-Time" list. I do find this thing a tad useful, just to compare tastes.

[quote name='FroMann']Good to see Chrono Trigger, Half Life 2, and Final Fantasy VI up there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm surprised by the fact that CT is right behind FFVII. I figured it would be a lot lower.

[quote name='thirdrose']Considering that "better" is subjective, I don't see much of a difference. That's why there'll never be a universally accepted "Top # Games of All-Time" list. I do find this thing a tad useful, just to compare tastes.[/QUOTE]

I guess. Though, if I were told to make a list of the best games ever made, my list would be completely different.

[quote name='IceP42']In the near future, the site will be able to differentiate the all time toplist:
- by generation (gamers born in 80-84 vs 85-89 vs 75-79...)
- by country (US vs UK vs France ...)
- by gender (M vs F lists).

That will probably show some interesting results :)[/QUOTE]
What about gamers born BEFORE 1980?:razz: I suppose we don't matter?:booty:

And did anyone else notice that the name of the site is unikgamer. First part of the name could be pronounced eunich. :whistle2:# Yikes.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What about gamers born BEFORE 1980?:razz: I suppose we don't matter?:booty:
[/QUOTE]

All gamers will be taken into account, they were just examples ;)

It is may be a good list. All the games are not suitable for all ages. I think strategy of making list might be changed.

The new version is finally up :D
Some new cool features have been added with the redesign but it's still not finished yet.
What do you guys think so far though?

The site looks super nice and the interface is great. I noticed you can now find people with similar tastes which is awesome. Looking forward to the finished product.

edit: haha, the sorting by gender is hilarious

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panzerfaust']The site looks super nice and the interface is great. I noticed you can now find people with similar tastes which is awesome. Looking forward to the finished product.

edit: haha, the sorting by gender is hilarious[/QUOTE]

Thanks Panzer,

It is indeed funny how there are 2 Sims games in the girl's Top 50 :lol:

With girls tastes in games being so different from the gentlemen (ahem) its was a good idea to keep them under a different section.

[quote name='mandapanda']I'm happy to see some classics like Supermario 64 in here, those kind of acrade and fun games are the foundations of all the modern hits![/QUOTE]
hhhmmmm okay!

Anyway, we can now rank our favorite games of this generation of consoles(7th gen) and check out which gamers have similar gaming taste based on our top lists.

The Top games of 1995 list is also open :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back