World's Most Expensive PS3!

Redeema

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Hey guys, I posted the World's Most Expensive Xbox 360 about four months ago, and a couple days ago, I found the PS3 equivalent. Another scan from Rent-A-Center, so I figured I'd share again. Most Expensive PS3 via DreamStation.cc I posted it out our site and there's a picture of the scanned ad for you to peep. Anyway, I'd like to know who buys this stuff? Those guys are out and out bandits for "scamming" you out of 4x MSRP. (I know someone is going to say even MSRP is a scam, beat you to it) What a bunch of used car salesmen at the head of this company, how can they sleep at night? I mean besides on a pillow stuffed with the money of low income people, that is.

playstation_3_rent_a_center_ad.jpg

For the click impaired.

That's what I hate about Rent-a-Center and check cashing places and the credit card/banking industry. They make where the less money you have, the less you'll actually be able to pay them. Credit Cards and banks will give you a high interest rate and change late fees and overlimits fees and usually once that happens, those people are in a hole and probably will never get out of it.

My brother and his roommate used rent-a-center for a lot of stuff, tv, xbox 360:roll: , etc. Worst thing anybody could do, since it's weekly payments for that stuff and you usually end up paying over double what the item is worth. If you can't learn to save up money for a few months, than you kinda deserved to be ripped off.

Nobody "deserves" to be ripped off. It is just a lack of education that leads people to spend this amount of money.... sure, they can't actually afford it, but to a lot of people, saying "here you can spend only $30 a week on this and it's yours!" is more appealing the plunking down $500 at once.

Its not a scam IMO. You buy something on your credit card, and don't pay it off right away you end up paying more for the item up to 24% more. My cousin works for RAC, and people rent them all the time. Its actually not a bad way to try a new console out to see if you want to buy it. Rent it for a week spend $40, and it could save you $600.

Its no secret that the people that shop at rental stores. Can't afford to buy items out right, or find the lower cost per week appealing Be they people on their own for the first time, college students, low income etc. They bought the item, your going to rent it, and put wear and tear on it. Plus if you break it they normally have to replace it. They're a business they do have to make money.

[quote name='Thongsy']That's what I hate about Rent-a-Center and check cashing places and the credit card/banking industry. They make where the less money you have, the less you'll actually be able to pay them. Credit Cards and banks will give you a high interest rate and change late fees and overlimits fees and usually once that happens, those people are in a hole and probably will never get out of it.
[/QUOTE]

Your only going to get charged late fees, and overlimt fees if your one of those. They just don't throw those on a bill. Its simple business. I loan you money, you pay me for loaning said money.

My brother in law bought his Plasma TV from a rent to own place. He doesn't see it as a mistake but I certainly do. He could have bought ti brand ne for about 1500 at the time but decided to go witht hem and will end up spending 4000 on the TV.

bread's done
Back