Worlds of Ultima 1 & 2 Free at gog.com

Donkosaur

CAGiversary!
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/worlds_of_ultima_the_savage_empire
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/ultima_worlds_of_adventure_2_martian_dreams

Free Releases: Worlds of Ultima 1 & 2

The familiar worlds like you’ve never seen before.

Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire and Ultima: Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams are available now on GOG.com for free, courtesy of GOG.com and Electronic Arts.

Lord British presents two adventures you would never think are possible in Ultima universe. Players of the Ultima series may recall that the black moonstone the Avatar found at the start of Ultima 6 can be used to teleport you anyplace and anytime. That is why ORIGIN Systems have, using the Ultima 6 engine, sent the gamers worldwide on two unexpected journeys in both space and time.

First, the Avatar travels to the time-lost land of Eodon, where dinosaurs still rule and ancient mysteries abound. Basically, Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire is Ultima meets The Lost World with simplified RPG elements; it’s a fun jungle epic with a change in pace you will welcome with open arms. If you’ve never played any Ultima games, The Savage Empire is a good place to start. Explore jungles and wastelands, cross lava flows, encounter stone-age tribes, and battle the mighty Tyrannosaurus Rex right now for the unbeatable price of absolutely zilch.

Ultima: Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams takes the Avatar and his friend Dr Spector to the year 1893 to witness a launch of a space cannon aimed at Mars. No, you haven’t forgotten some important lessons from history--this is an alternate universe version of Earth, but you will definitely recognise a lot of the people in it. You will interact with many historical figures as Marie Curie, Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, Theodore Roosvelt, H.G Wells, and dozens more. After reaching Mars, you will have to survive the hostile environment and battle strange plants and monsters as you explore the surface of Mars. Enjoy this historical world of adventure, completely free of charge and free of any DRM only on your favorite distribution platfrom, GOG.com.

Check out these free games, but also be sure to check out the rest of the Ultima series, if you haven’t gotten in on GOG.com yet, because there are thousands of hours of incredible RPG goodness locked away in these titles, and it would be a shame to miss a single minute of it.

Those release would not be possible without help from Joe Garrity, and Steven "Xe Dragon" Dengler, Marc "Sergorn Dragon" Charlot, and Pix. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for the information OP. The Ultima series has always been a favorite of mine, and I can't wait to play these older games to get deeper into the franchise.

[quote name='heratio']I wish EA hadn't destroyed Origin. I loved the Ultima Series.[/QUOTE]

Same with Wing Commander. Especially given how mainstream that franchise was becoming.

bread's done
Back