Worst B&M Game Retailer 2007

1) Circuit City - total lack of decent games, usually overpriced & the employees act like they don't want to be bothered to check to see if they have a certain item in stock.

or

3) Gamestop- there's actually stores that I avoid now, cause the used games at those stores are in absolute horrible condition(most of them had swirls from a Game Doctor or were just plain scratched to hell).

Usually at those stores, the employees were too busy playing the Wii display than actually giving a damn conditions of games. Hopefully the feedback I gave to corporate about those stores will get someone's attention(or fire the lazy ass employees).

[quote name='tangytangerine']1) Circuit City - total lack of decent games, usually overpriced & the employees act like they don't want to be bothered to check to see if they have a certain item in stock.
[/quote]

Werd. And the other thing, which I always find odd, is that they seem to find the only people under 25 in all of America that dont play video games to take care of the games/movies section.

As much as i hate eb games I am changing my vote to Target. They have the worst game selection I have ever seen. They literally have only had 5 different psp titles going on 6 months now. Terrible game selection for all the other systems too.

[quote name='nadroj1485']Kmart - they throw the very few games they get into a case with absolutely no prices and in no particular order.[/QUOTE]

See, that's why I like Kmart. It ensures that at any given store, you could find anything from Sega Saturn games, to original Xbox systems, to Persona 3 for $12.

I'm gonna say Gamestop here. I absolutely despise the company, and the crap they make me do is making me sick.

It's at the point where I don't even want to shop in my store, despite the discount.

[quote name='VaultDweller13']Best Buy.

The store near me updates the price stickers on their games twice a year.[/QUOTE]

That's actually good. It keeps the general public from knowing about the drops in price while we know all about it by coming here.

[quote name='VaultDweller13']Best Buy.

The store near me updates the price stickers on their games twice a year.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would say that's actually a good thing.

Toys r us, circuit city or FYE. I voted FYE only because every FYE near me carries no games. CC and TRU suffer from the same "OMG its on sale at a really good price, lets make sure we sell all of our stock and we'll never get any more in stock again".

I'm thinking of those 2 deals that are currently listed as best b&m deals of the year. CC did buy 1 get 1 free for xbox live accessories, which meant points cards were covered. Good luck finding any, every !&@!&#)!& store was sold out.

TRU... I wanted Orange box and not 1 !@(&# store had it in stock during the week of that buy 2 get 1 free deal. Following week, they had titles galore.

EBGames/Gamestop

You would think after winning this category last year they would learn, but every year they continue to get worse.

Circuit City

This chain is dying a slow and painful death. They have excellent sales on games popular games at the right time but they take a loss to keep up with the likes of Best Buy. And their rebates, while nice, seem to be getting more and more annoying and abundant. They need less mail-in rebates and more instant rebates. Ok, I'm done now. :)

EB / Gamestop. I didn't get a few of the 'pre-order items' when I pre-ordered them well ahead of time and even got there the day the games came out. Plus, most of the guys that work there are asses. xD

Definately Gamestop! It's a video game store that doesn't actually have new games in stock on release day... if you didn't pre-order. A bunch of crap.

Kmart is the worst place for gaming. I don't care if they have good deals from time to time. The stores in my are the worst-managed stores. Uncontrollable messes!

Gamestop. They have the most non-interested employees ever. And you have to stand there for 5 minutes declining pre-order offers.

Circuit City - I've never seen a store try to weasel out of it's weekly deals like they do. Remember the XBL card fiasco? Did you ever try to go in at 2pm and get a giftcard if they didn't have a new release game? To top things off there's the Speedy bullshit from last year. Oh, and don't forget about the whole, "fire employees then rehire them for less money" trick. I hope they go out of business soon.

Circuit City, never seen a store try to make excuses not to sell games that were either pennied out or cheaper than marked.

Although GS/EB comes in a close 2nd with very few B2G1 sales, rip-off trade-ins & employees that will you the most scratched up copy of a used game they have.

Gamestop. The only store that I actually feel like I WANT to leave... Other stores I feel fine browsing but Gamestop just doesn't have nice employees (MOST of them.. one nearish me is good and I go to that one (10 minutes away) rather than the closer one (1 minute away... literally))

bread's done
Back