Worst B&M Game Retailer 2007

I went with Wal-Mart, because everytime I see a Wal-Mart clearance thread pop up on CAG I get excited and then I remember that it's extremely YMMV on finding any sale prices

ToysRus. 2 week wait for GH3,xbox360 version. Got a Wii version instead. Another 2 week wait for the return Label. followed By another week and a half wait.Got it, Then it took them a month to get it off of my credit card. I will never order from there again.

had to vote for K-mart - b/c their electronic section is always an unorganized POS. It does in turn makes it a goldmine for clearance, but still they suck as a retailer =]

[quote name='bwilso80']ToysRus. 2 week wait for GH3,xbox360 version. Got a Wii version instead. Another 2 week wait for the return Label. followed By another week and a half wait.Got it, Then it took them a month to get it off of my credit card. I will never order from there again.[/QUOTE]

This is supposed to be brick and mortar, not online.

i'd have to say gamestop. when i got my "new" copy of No More Heroes from them, there were a few scratches already on it.

I went with Best Buy, only because they openly hate their customers. Hell, they send memos to the press about it. But since you can't have ties, Circuit Shitty would be a close second. Both stores employ the largest number of douchebags collectively. Everyone hates on Gamestop. They may not have the best deals, but at least the people that work there care about games, at least somewhat. And they employ the largest number of virgins collectively. That's gotta count for something right?

I know it's still hip to hate on Circuit City for the whole Speedy incident...and I do...but I have to admit, I've gotten some good deals there this year. So I'll let them off the hook a bit and focus my ire on WalMart.....Because they're WalMart. Honorable mention to Best Buy, who seems to take it as a point of pride to treat their customers like shit.

I like, in fact when I neeed a game and I will pay foolprice for a game I go to Wal-Mart because they have the best prices

I pick Circuit City because they are not organized and never have any one at the registers or if there are people around they do not ask to help you checkout.

I choose Wal-Mart for the poor selection and for the times I've seen games and hardware for 10-20% more than on Toys R Us(on regular prices, I'm not including special offers).

22.gif
Ja ne! :p

I have to say, It really bugs me that gamestop guts their games and sells them to you as new. greasy, scratched box and homey-ized instructions. ugh. unless you are buying a major new release it always seems they only have one copy of the game im looking for. If Im paying full price it better be fatory sealed, with that glorious new game smell. bong!

While im ranting, is it too much to ask to let me walk into a gamestop/eb and buy something without getting strategy guides and pre-orders pushed on me? last night i got called at home because they are taking preorders on gears2! now your bothering me at home?! yeah, i better get in there now this will be hard to find on release day. gamestop wins this category hands down.

Gamecrazy, well at least the one in my area. Besides the customer service, I've been waiting for my No More Heroes preorder for 4 weeks now.

I went with GameStop. Why? The thread asked for Worst B&M Game Retailer. They're the ONLY ones who happen to be based around selling just games.

Most people who vote CC because of the Speedy incident seem to be forgetting that he's said many times before that he COULD get in trouble for it as it's technically not legal to reveal this sort of thing, due to competitors possibly taking advantage of it. Not to mention, it was mostly SONY who forced CC to go find Speedy because of the revealed "price drop" on the PS3.

I'm not voting for any of the other stores. They don't specialize in gaming. GameStop does and they've proven to get worse every year.

-Gutting new games
-Raising the prices of used games (Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix is $70 USED without a pad)
-Charging full price for incomplete used games
-Terrible customer service
-Terrible trade-in values
-Constantly trying to get a pre-order or Game Informer subscription out of you
-Buying out and killing off all forms of competition, leaving little room for variety in games to purchase (BAD for retro gamers)
-Only orders enough games to fill in for amount of pre-orders along with at least two extras, while having their employees tell you that you will NEVER find said games elsewhere, despite said stores generally having way more than enough

For a store that supposed to give "Power to the Players" and is meant to cater soley to video gamers, I am utterly disgusted with how they can't seem to get their shit in order.

EBGames/Gamestop the employees can be real a-holes the store layout can be an utter mess and that whole policy of selling open games at new prices is a deal killer. I usually go in to get an idea of what is out but even there prices are out of control. I mean Marvel vs Capcom 2 is still for 80 used WTF is that its because of them people over price on alot games on ebay.

Gotta go with walmart, the walmarts in my area never have the sale items anywhere you can see them, buried under mounds of old titles bookended 3 deep. Giving dirty looks and not wanting to unlock the case and check for titles. $49 launch PS2 titles etc.

FYE... atleast the one in my mall, their selection sucks and its like they just don't give a damn. Almost as bad as GameStop, but atleast the employees at the one I go to have some sort of clue.

Wal-mart by a long shot they almost never have gaming related sales and rarely apply the manufacturer created price drops, last I checked Assasins Creed was still selling there for $60 along with Madden 07 and Folklore

Circuit City

only in the last couple months have i noticed that their customer service blows. plus the employees at my local CC have an IQ under 40

bread's done
Back