Worst ebay experience?

cabbage8921

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Well.. I recently sold an MP3 player on ebay. The guy bought it with the buy it now option, and then 2 minutes later he emailed me saying that he could no longer purchase it :
wtf.gif
. So I start a mutual agreement so he doesn't get suspended or anything, and I can get my fees refunded. I message him asking him to respond to that so we could get this resolved. I continue to message him once per day for 3 days, then I talked to an ebay rep and they told me to contact him through the phone.

I called him today, and he first replied calmly saying that he'd get online and get this sh!t resolved. Five minutes later, he calls me back
indifferent.gif

Here's what the phone conversation sounded like:

Me: Hello?
Buyer: hey you just called me about the ebay item. who the fuck am I talking to? What the fuck are you gonna do b!tch? how the fuck did you get my number? Do you live in Concord? I'm about to be in your house in about a minute *hangs up*

While he was saying that I was just laughing and trying to ask him why he's overreacting and stuff. But yeah.. worst experience on ebay so far.

I ordered Paypal shipping labels on EBay, got 1/2 of what I ordered. Seller became not a registered user, I opened a Paypal dispute, Paypal ruled in my favor but the seller emptied their account so no money could be refunded. Yeah great buyer protection :roll: I learned my lesson and use a credit card for EVERY transaction, no matter how small.

I told my brother to order me a 4 gb on Buy.com and he ordered it on EBay because it was cheaper. To make matters even worse after I was probably gonna get a bootleg MS the guy then canceled his Ebay membership after my bro payed him. I set up a complaint on Paypal and then everything went straight to hell when my bro closed the case because he got a message from the guy saying the item was shipped and with no proof. You can't re open the case and I'm out $20

Damn he just emailed me. He requested my info from ebay and got my name, number, and address. He said:
Don't EVER call me again. I don't take threats lightly

and I replied that I never threatened him, and that ebay advised me to call him. This guy is the most retarded piece of shit that I've ever dealt with...

If you just wait the 7 days I believe the the non-paying bidder thing automatically closes and you win.

I've decided to do that from now on instead of trying to reason w/ these people.

I give them a week or so to pay reminding them a few times, and then just do the non-paying bidder dealie.

I recently started really liking using BIN because there is no problem with nonpaying bidders with the forcing them to use paypal. But now the fees is 15% so I'm not gonna wanna do that.

Not a major horror story, but a recent reminder of why I almost never use Ebay anymore...

Placed the order for the item w/ someone from Canada because theirs was in the best condition w/ the best price. Used BIN. Ordered 2.5 weeks before the time I needed the item (it was a gift). About 2 weeks go by & I haven't seen anything, so I message the person asking if they had any tracking info. Of course not, but they said it sometimes takes "2-3 weeks" to get from Canada. Fair enough. Wait longer, a month goes by, still nothing. Start trying to contact again, and they ignore me. Open a dispute, and a couple days later the item shows up. Check the postmark date, and it was shipped about a week and a half after I placed the order - but of course, the person failed to mention that when I contacted them the first time.

I do all my used purchasing now off of Amazon, haven't had an issue w/ anyone there yet. Probably helps that Amazon themselves handle the money, so if something goes wrong you have them in your corner.

Not the worst (npb are the worst)...but just recently had a customer send about half a dozen emails, retract the bid..ask for a BIN. I put up the BIN and he actually buys the item! Then I get another dozen emails on when its being shipped and confirmation. Plus he filed 2 request for contact info tried calling me. All for a 10$ item...I would post the emails as they are funny and the guy clearly went off his meds...

Amazingly, I haven't encountered a problematic buyer yet on ebay.
However, I have seem plenty of shady ebay sellers.
Many of the items listed are not remotely close to their stated condition.
Half the items that are suppose to be in like new condition have visible scratches on them.
Even worse is that many new items are not even new.
For example, I purchased a "new" wii from ebay a few months ago.
Sadly, it was used and in shitty condition.
I checked the system logs and it shows that the wii was used extensively for 6 months.
There are scratches on the wii, the packaging for wii sports was torn, the cables were just thrown together, etc. I know the wii is a hot item. BUT come one! Did the seller really think someone would be fooled into thinking this scratched up wii is new?

Why do people lie about the condition of their stuff just to make a few extra dollars?
(wait..... that was a rhetorical question.................)

PS
I'm way to nice. I need to start leaving some of these people negative feedback .

I bought a camera and lens off ebay, I get it and the lens is so stiff it is pretty much worthless. The seller has a return policy so I figure well screw it he can have it back no harm no foul. I pack it up the same day and send it off. DC number tells me he gets it, I email him a few days later and he asks me why I returned it, I tell him expecting him to just refund me right then and there. A week goes by and I email him asking what the hell is going on, he answers with some oh i'm so busy and if you would stop wasting time emailing me I could probably refund you.

So obviously paypal claim time, I start up the dispute and claim process and the guy flat out in caps does the whole HE IS A LIAR HE NEVER SENT BACK so first thing I did was quote his still saved email word for word then suddenly his tune changed to Oh I need to look into this. Entered the DC number and he gave up trying swindle his way out of it, Paypal refunded me 2 weeks later. But paypal was slow as crap doing it, the deadline for the refund came and went and no money in my account, had to call them up and get someone to actually bother seeing the guy wasn't going to do shit on his own.

The entire thing was ridiculous, the seller had his return policy proudly displayed in each and every auction yet that was how he handled one.

I was selling a Nintendo Wii about 6 months ago. It was used and in great condition, had 3 virtual console games installed and 2 Wii games for around $450 or so (at the time, new Wiis were going for around that price). Anyway, I receive the money and ship out the item. I get the notification that the item was received. Everything is going smoothly until the buyer decides to contact me. He starts complaining about how I didn't include a receipt, I direct him to the part of my auction that says I won't be including it. He then goes on to complain that some Virtual console games require a Classic controller... I again show him where I mention that some games require it and how I won't provide one. I suggest he get a Gamecube controller since it's cheaper. Then he decides to tell me there are lots of scratches on the Wii itself.This seemed strange since I check things pretty well prior to selling. I ask for images and he sends me pictures taken on a camera phone (grainy as hell). I tell him I can't see anything at all (obviously).

He then asks that I refund him $75 or else he will report me to paypal. I say no and figure it's just buyer's remorse. Soon after he opens a claim and accuses me of all the things stated above to paypal. I include counterpoints to all his arguments and offer pictures to paypal. Two weeks later PayPal ruled in my favor saying that the condition of the item would not affect it's value severely. I was overjoyed to get the $450 back (being a student and eating nothing but top ramen for 2 weeks wasn't fun). I went out bought 2 $6 burgers (artery clogging goodness) from Carls Jr. I log into ebay only to find that the buyer left me negative feedback as follows "Inaccurate Description. Harsh & Rude Communicator."

Great. My perfect 38 positive feedback was stained with red.:bomb:

I bid on an Archos 5 120GB for $335 + $4.99 shipping. This thing was cheap!

Well... As soon as I win the auction the seller emails me that he can't sell me the Archos 5 that cheap because he just spent $432 on it! So he tells me to accept his mutual agreement thing. Then he, goes ahead and lists the Archos 5 on eBay again for a $400 Buy It Now. I want my Archos 5 for $340! :hot:

P.S. Don't buy from the seller, Raytarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back