Worst fake GBA game on eBay

briandadude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you Warioware Twisted...without the twister.

df1a_1.JPG

as opposed to...

images

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAMEBOY-ADVANCE...ewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122#ebayphotohosting

I believe these are fitted such that you play it with the dpad, which is really dumb.

I seem to remember someone on here actually buying this or winning an auction where they were sent this, and the above factoid was claimed. But I can't prove it and it was ages ago.

[quote name='Strell']I believe these are fitted such that you play it with the dpad, which is really dumb.

I seem to remember someone on here actually buying this or winning an auction where they were sent this, and the above factoid was claimed. But I can't prove it and it was ages ago.[/quote]

That's pretty terrible. I have received a fake GBA game before (Minish Cap) and I recognize that fuzzy ESRB image anywhere now. :bomb:

By the way, Warioware Twisted is one of my favorite GBA games and anyone who doesn't have it, should pick it up (preferably not on ebay)

[quote name='Strell']I seem to remember someone on here actually buying this or winning an auction where they were sent this, and the above factoid was claimed. But I can't prove it and it was ages ago.[/quote]

I remember this too. IIRC it was sent to them.

On a related note, I'd love to see Nintendo somehow sue the shit out of eBay for allowing pirated games to be sold online. I realize that eBay has mechanisms in place to report fraudulent auctions but unless they've been updated recently, they're beyond unwieldy.

[quote name='Halo05']On a related note, I'd love to see Nintendo somehow sue the shit out of eBay for allowing pirated games to be sold online. I realize that eBay has mechanisms in place to report fraudulent auctions but unless they've been updated recently, they're beyond unwieldy.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo should sue the seller, not eBay.

I actually purchased this awhile back(don't think I made a thread on it or anything). The seller refunded me in full and didn't require me to send it back.

[quote name='dastly75']I actually purchased this awhile back(don't think I made a thread on it or anything). The seller refunded me in full and didn't require me to send it back.[/quote]

Only to prevent you from leaving negative feedback and tipping off potential buyers in the future.

Looking at current GBA auctions, I thought Ebay cracked down on bootlegs from Asian countries but I guess not... they're back in full swing. Figures, Ebay just wants to make more money regardless of how it's done.:roll:

I got a bootleg copy of Breath of Fire, which came with the box/manual too (also bootleg) from a US seller (also got Breath of Fire II from him which was fully legit). The game didn't work but he refunded after I used Nintendo's anti-piracy site to show him it was a fake.

EDIT* Just noticed the guy was from the UK.

Though the shape of the cart gives it away, that's actually a pretty nice label for a bootleg. It's usually pretty easy to tell a bootleg from the real thing just by looking at the label, but not in that case.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']why does that make a difference?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't. I just thought it was one of those sellers from China or Taiwan but it's not... it's just some UK seller selling bootlegs. They (sellers in the US/UK selling bootlegs) are becoming more and more common which sucks because then you don't know if sure if you're getting a bootleg or a legit copy.

[quote name='Vinny']
I got a bootleg copy of Breath of Fire, which came with the box/manual too (also bootleg) from a US seller (also got Breath of Fire II from him which was fully legit). The game didn't work but he refunded after I used Nintendo's anti-piracy site to show him it was a fake.

EDIT* Just noticed the guy was from the UK.[/QUOTE]

I got the same exact type of auction on eBay for the same exact item. That's pretty damn funny and it was YEARS ago. I thought eBay would stop crap like this but it doesn't surprise me. I'm sure now my GBA games are 100% legit but I never really unscrewed all my gameboy classic and NES games, but with all the bootlegs out there I rarely buy any portable games unless the seller has 100% feedback or is selling very few portable games in general, ie i bought a Contra 4 DS copy recently from a guy that has never sold a DS game before, granted he could have purchased it off someone else.

Oh there is also "fake" NES games on eBay, so be careful.

bread's done
Back