Worst Gamestop Experience

buttmunky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hello fellow CAGs. Just came back from a local Gamestop and I feel life shooting my foot off. My brother and I went to return a non-working game, Frequency, as well as to trade in Pokemon Colosseum since it is not played and i lost my chance to get a rare Pokemon which i was not to start the game over for it. Anyways, after searching through s****y, generic Gamestop boxes for some worthwhile games (Gun for PS2, Puzzle Quest for DS), we go to turn in the other games. My bro went to go play the Heavenly Sword demo.

I stood there quietly and patiently because saying "Hey!" and demanding service would seem like an ass move. I'm standing there for what felt like and most likely was at least minute in front of the register waiting for either of the three "busy" employees lounging around just standing there, lost in their thoughts or talking about the heat. Finally, Lardo (thats the name I'm giving him) decides to waddle over to the register, taking his sweet time and in no rush at all as if his job didn't depend on it. I tell him i would like to return Frequency and see how much i can get for Colosseum.

He says that Frequency is too late to turn in after giving him the receipt. The receipt i have in my hand says 4/11/08 for the previous purchase, qualifying for an exchange by today. He's typing something and doing whatever they do behind the counter. That takes minutes of impatient waiting as there are people who can work the register much faster than this jerk. I'm watching Lardo and it seems like he went to sleep halfway though doing stuff with the register. "I can only give you $9.90 for the game," he murmurs. "What about the other game?" i ask him, thinking he took the game without a refund. I wasn't looking at his hands as there was a store credit card on the cluttered, messy looking counter. with a tone of attitude on his voice like a parent would if their kid took a dump on the carpet and they tried not to get at the kid, he says, "its on the card." This nerdy looking lackey feels this is funny and is chuckling at my expense. Ass.

This guy wasn't one of the cool employees, for when i tried to get Gun, he wanted confirmation that i was 18. getting there. My brother tried to buy it but Lardo basically said that my bro wasn't my dad so he wouldn't sell me the game because it would be for me or something like that. Funny how quick he was on not selling Gun and explaining the rules but slow at everything else. We settled on Puzzle Quest. With the game returns and EDGE card, it came to $0.80. we gave him the money but he took a while longer. we left annoyed, i more than him. its understandable to deny selling that game, but he could have asked something like "is he your guardian?" I could have been an orphan for all he knows. DAMN IT!!! I SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT I WAS A FOSTER CHILD. Can't win them all, as life is quick and relentless on teaching that. Oh well. maybe next time for another wise ass. MAYBE

It's hard to explain and you had to be there to know how they were like. Didn't help that my day was not good prior to this. thank you for bearing with me if you managed to read up to here. i know I'm bitching, so don't give responses saying "you whiny fuck!" because i don't want to hear it. Just sharing some GameSpot hate.

thank you all for taking the time to read and respond and feel free to share your experiences. :)

Hm, you would've sped things up if you called him out on being "Lardo". Speak your mind, next time, that gets you everywhere regarding customer service! :lol: ;)

Just don't shop there again and fill out the survey. Usually there's at least another one somewhere in the area.

Yea, OP you can always call the manager and complain, and if he is the manager, next time you are in the store, call him lardo to his face or if that makes you feel uncomfortable, say it loudly in conversation with whomever you are with. Or you can casually knock stuff in the store over. Him being a douche to a patient customer instantly frees you of any guilt for being an asshole or generally making his day any more difficult. It's funny that some GS employees act like it's such a chore to work at a game store and answer stupid questions all day. Yeah some customers might be annoying but at least they don't have to deal with food or any physically demanding work. Every time I deal with some smug, burnt-out asshole at one of these places, I wish I could fire him and give the job to an eager kid that would actually enjoy working there. On the other hand, I actually really enjoy it when someone is helpful. ok im done bitching

[quote name='Xevious']Remember OP........paragraphs are your friend...[/QUOTE]

And coherent sentences are your girlfriend...

nicepost.gif

the guy was being lazy and slow. Speaking one's mind usually starts trouble though maybe thats what he wanted. There are other nearby gamestops but we went there for some reason. Thanks for all your amusing responses. Keep them coming. And to dingo stole mybaby, i shall keep your wise and infinite wisdom in mind. lol.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I'm glad I have a Gamestop with mostly competent employees.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, one day that will change, as the turnover rate seems to be every 2 months, at least around here, hell, was like that in NY too.

Shit Gamestop's have cool employees, then shit ones, then cool ones, then shit ones. Regardless of whether you are shitty or cool, no one seems to want to work there very long. It doesn't bother me if the employee is a douche, or even if he's cool, because the next time I go to Gamestop, chances are they won't be working there anymore.

I dont think I have ever had a good experience at a gamestop before. Normally I go there when enough time has passed for me to forget how bad they always are.

You really need to shop at Gamestop more if this is your "worst" experience. What happened to you is considered a good day.

Here's the best advice: Don't buy there.

Futureshop, Best Buy, Wal-Mart... they ALL have the new and old releases for the same price and will return you game if someone at the factory wrote his name on it BY THE LAW (at least here). Gaming store people always charge you random fees, give your money on cards instead of normal money, refuses your crap and all.

It's not rocket science, these guys are just before crossing the scammer's line.

Want to know a horrible Gamestop experience? Going to your local Gamestop only to find that there is an employee sitting at the door checking everyone's ID, and if you are 18 they wouldn't let you in without an adult. Why you might ask? Because of some shitty city ordinance saying that no one under 18 could be in public shop during school hours, unless they were accompanied by an adult.

Although this wasn't fully Gamestops fault, I am blame them for upholding shitty rules like this.

[quote name='darthbudge']Want to know a horrible Gamestop experience? Going to your local Gamestop only to find that there is an employee sitting at the door checking everyone's ID, and if you are 18 they wouldn't let you in without an adult. Why you might ask? Because of some shitty city ordinance saying that no one under 18 could be in public shop during school hours, unless they were accompanied by an adult.

Although this wasn't fully Gamestops fault, I am blame them for upholding shitty rules like this.[/quote]

You're kidding me right? You must not live in stereotypical texas...

[quote name='crunchb3rry']You really need to shop at Gamestop more if this is your "worst" experience. What happened to you is considered a good day.[/quote]

yeah, i was just having a bad day prior to that. and i dont go there often.

[quote name='darthbudge']Want to know a horrible Gamestop experience? Going to your local Gamestop only to find that there is an employee sitting at the door checking everyone's ID, and if you are 18 they wouldn't let you in without an adult. Why you might ask? Because of some shitty city ordinance saying that no one under 18 could be in public shop during school hours, unless they were accompanied by an adult.

Although this wasn't fully Gamestops fault, I am blame them for upholding shitty rules like this.[/quote]

that is pretty effing bad. Gamestop is ALWAYS the one to blame. what caused
that city ordinance?

bread's done
Back