Worst NES Games..

joemoedee

CAGiversary!
After posting in the "best NES" forum, it sprung up this idea.

The NES had some incredibly amazing games, some that hold up until today. What were some of your least favorite games?

First one that comes to mind, "Athena". That game was a steaming pile of dog dung. I mean... "Athena, Greek goddess of wisdom and defensive warfare, has grown bored with the luxurious life her fellow-deities live on Olympus, and sets out in search of adventure" -- That just sounds FUN!

As far as disappointment goes, Baseball Stars 2. They took Baseball Stars, sucked the fun and customization out of it, and created a sequel. Epic lousiness!

"Football". Some consider it a classic, but any game that you can't pass across field, the ball has no height to it... Just awful.

Ninja Kid. Anyone else play this awful game? I mean, I was like 8 years old when it came out, and I played a lot of crap, but even at a young age, I knew crap when I played it

->Ryu

Venice Beach Volleyball... Unlicensed, broken piece of crap. Bought it brand new way back and it never played properly.

~Disney Adventures in the Magic Kingdom
~Kung-Fu
~Fighting Golf
~Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
~The first Ninja Turtles game
~Dick Tracy
~Dragon's Lair
~Zelda 2

I checked the entire list of nes games on wikipedia and here are the worst nes games that I have played: I have about 300 nes games and these are the worst. I didn't include any sports or gameshow games because almost all of them suck!

The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
Anticipation
Bad Street Brawler
The Bard's Tale
Bee 52
Burgertime
California Games
captain comic
Defenders of Dynatron City
Dragon power (only because it is actually a dragonball game but they changed goku's face!)
Dragon's Lair
Fist of the North Star
Gauntlet II (doesn't end)
Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters (what happened?)
golf
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Karate Champ
King's Knight
M.U.S.C.L.E.(very cheap wrestling game)
mad Max
Marvel's X-Men
Metal Mech
The Mutant Virus: Crisis in a Computer World
Nobunaga's Ambition
Nobunaga's Ambition II
North and South
Platoon
Power Punch 2
Predator
Prince of Persia
Punisher
Pyramid
Renegade
Robocop 2
Robocop 3
Sesame street all of them!
Swamp Thing
Terminator
Terminator 2
Tiny Toon Adventures 2
Wally Bear and the NO! Gang
Willow
WWF All Games
X-men

I think Takeshi no Chousenjou (Takeshi's Challenge) could be up there. Then again, the game was purposefully designed to be terrible, a practical joke that required the player to do some ridiculous things. Game Center CX's Arino plays through it, though he uses a strategy guide and the video skips some portions of the game:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5u3fd_gamecenter-cx-01takeshi-no-chousenj_shortfilms

Here's another video of someone playing it in an emulator with no idea of what to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td8s-aHeN1s

[quote name='Demolition Man']Dynowarz
Dragon Power[/quote]

Dude, I loved Dynowars!

As for the worst:
Predator
Metal Gear 2 (sooooo buggy)
Top Gun (I never could land on the carrier)

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Dude, I loved Dynowars![/quote]

I've seen turtles cross highways faster than that damn dinosaur walks at in that game.

Top Gun (I never could land on the carrier)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBckuG81nTw[/media]

[quote name='mykevermin']:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:[/quote]

Wound my pride, dude. Just because a fella can't land a plane with on-screen instructions, ya gotta laugh at him ;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']I've seen turtles cross highways faster than that damn dinosaur walks at in that game.

I don't remember it being that slow, but I did play the heck out of it as a lad.

TotallyRadBox.jpg

Hoooooooorrible

bread's done
Back