Worst Online Game Retailer 2010

It saddens me, but I also feel better that so many others are displeased with GameStop.

Their stranglehold on so many of the pre-order bonuses bothers me, as well.

After the deals GS had last year and the fact none of the used games I bought had any problems and were in mint condition. I can't vote for them this year.

I guess I will go with Worstbuy.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't have much of a problem with Gamestop stores (and would have probably voted them Best B&M retailer if it wasn't for Kmart), their online service/product is another matter. The fact that they almost always send refurbed used games makes them the worst.

Target, for sure! Come on guys, when did any of you EVER buy anything from target.com. Ever? I don't recall a single good deal they had since I joined CAG. At least Gamestop.com had glitches and the like

For me this choice had to be best buy for their lack of effort this year. Gamestop was a close second, but they did have a bunch of B2G1

[quote name='ithebigc']Target, for sure! Come on guys, when did any of you EVER buy anything from target.com. Ever? I don't recall a single good deal they had since I joined CAG. At least Gamestop.com had glitches and the like[/QUOTE]

Halo Reach LE (not the big box) for $35.

Lets see offering store pick up option when the stores had no inventory, messing up a few pre-orders, double billling issues yup best buy takes the cake this year:bomb:

Voted Gamestop as about half the games I tried to order from them used on-line didn't even work. I will say that their customer service was pretty good and that they fixed the problems for the messed up games. However, I should have had to go through the hassle in the first place.

gamestop only because i am not willing to buy a used game without seeing the disc. forget that. they could send me the worst crappy disc they have just to get rid of it. sike.. not gonna screw this guy over.

Everyone's hating on gamestop. I understand not liking them on a logistical standpoint, but their games always work and the prices aren't bad

It would be easy for me to say Gamestop, but the thing is, they actually had a number of glitches that benefited me, so I'll go and say Buy.com instead because I didn't buy anything online from Target or BB this year.

Gamestop, gamestop a million times gamestop. I think they have just given up on being a decent retailer, they know that idiot soccer moms will keep them going for years to come and could care less about getting business from hardcore gamers.

Gamestop is terrible. I only ordered from them once, because they had a great bonus with the game, a $20 Nintendo point card I believe. As it turns out, the fine print says that they don't have to give the bonus if they run out. And they didn't give the bonus. Big, spanking advertised bonus that they just plain didn't give me.

Because apparently Gamestop runs out of $20 Nintendo point cards?

Never again. Why bother with trying to figure out if I may or may not get a bonus when other sites always give their advertised bonus?

best buys online deals are irredeemable if your local store has no inventory. Bogus. Why call it an online only deal?

Walmart.com, took advantage of some good deals they had only to have 1 order cancelled n refunded, or the other arrive 3 weeks after the estimated delivery date, they get my vote

bread's done
Back