Worst Online Game Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outpost.com...out of all the orders I've done online, they're the only asshats who have cancelled preorders (and without me receiving any kind of e-mail, thank you very much) :bomb:

[quote name='mr ryles']damn you ya stupid nigger. taht was my pick!!! I hate outpost.com[/QUOTE]never had a problem with outpost.com. but circuit city pissed me off this year. i tried buying the cc xbox 360 bundle online, the friday before launch. i had it in the cart but constantly got booted out for the 2 hours that i tried to get through. very annoying. i know its not all cc's fault, but what a damn waste of my time.

I nominate GameQuestDirect because of their reprint/multiple account drama here on CAG... or maybe that's more appropriate for CAG villian or something.

eBuyer.com

I've heard multiple stories of taking orders for items they list on their site, but don't stock, and then shipping out a completely unrelated item to fill the order.

:shame: :shame: :shame:

EBgames.com for their slow as fuck shipping sometimes. Even with free shipping they were pushing it as I got my games after just over 3 weeks, luckily it wasn't anything I needed ASAP.

Outpost.com for the fact that they use DHL and their bad CS.

Bestbuy.com for still charging per item to ship any purchase made online. Plus the bagboy at the grocery storecheckout lines does a better job of packing items. Getting box sets in plastic bags isn't my idea of shipping with care...

best buy for their backorder bullshit and their crappy shipping rates (though they're getting a little better)

edit: fuck that "getting a little better comment"....i was just getting ready to buy two guides from them and they wanted $9.98 for shipping...fuck best buy

I can't believe no one has said gamestop yet... For their god awful packaging and the fact that that don't bother to tell you whether used games come with a manual and box or not, and for their completely stupid 360 bundles. Although amazon for the 360 preorder BS is a prime canidate too.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I nominate GameQuestDirect because of their reprint/multiple account drama here on CAG... or maybe that's more appropriate for CAG villian or something.[/QUOTE]
I second it because they had someone posting on the CAG forums (and a second acc't in which they pretended to be "just some guy" who loves the GQD deals). Worst is that they fucked over slidecage by telling him multiple times in the forums he complained in that they'd refund some of his money, all of his money, or replace his games at cost multiple times; and they never followed through behind the scenes. That ought to deserve them a mighty golden "fuck-you" award if anyone deserved it.

EBgames.com has THE WORST used games EVER they always come so scratched they should at least wipe them clean.
And the worst return policy.

So I choose EBgames.com

I guess I'm not the only one, my vote goes for Outpost.com as well; terrible customer service, slow shipping, and a habit of cancelling orders without notice.

I haven't had many bad experiences with online shopping yet, so my nominees aren't that bad, but:

BestBuy.com for shipping me my three 24 seasons in a huge bubble mailer
Amazon.com for lack of robust shipment tracking

Nevermind, this one trumps all, almost forgot about it:
GPXGame.com - first deal I posted as a CAG, but they were awful. Site had errors when purchasing, customer service ended up cancelling half of the CAG orders (that had confirmations sent to my email) when I inquired about them. And I got yelled at by an Indian woman on the phone as a result of it. Hilarious, but bad.

Bestbuy shipping methods... My 24s were in a huge box with nothing stopping them from crashing into everything.

Overstock for not receiving one purchase. It is a hassle to have to go through customer service to receive somethign you paid for.

My vote goes to Eb.com. I'm scared to order pre-owned games from them, because you never know if they're going to send you one that somebody took a crap on. They could atleast attempt to clean the games for you.

Well, I just went online to dell.com to see the status of a 2GB Memory Stick Duo I ordered on 10/22 ($140 shipped).

It was cancelled and I received no notification about it; as a matter of fact, I received an email in early December saying that they couldn't ship it by a certain date, but they would update me as soon as they could.

Now it's cancelled. I suppose that's alright, b/c after 2.5 months, I was going to cancel it myself. I wanted the power in this situation, and the sons a' bitches took it away from me. I'm not mad, but if I hadn't gone online with the intention of cancelling it anyway, I'd be purty upset.

fuckin' jerks.

EDIT: I posted this not b/c this happened to me, but I recall multiple occasions where people ordered stuff from Dell (mostly cheap duos), only to have it cancelled. IIRC, this happened to many people, and thus my nomination. If something bad happened to one person, that is expected; to many is unexcusable. (To be sure, because GQD came on this site, sang its own praises via another CAG identity, lied about if they knew it was a reprint or not, and openly claimed to want to help a CAG they fucked over, only to do nothing behind the scenes, that show a general disdain for all of us CAGs. fuck a bunch of them).

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, I just went online to dell.com to see the status of a 2GB Memory Stick Duo I ordered on 10/22 ($140 shipped).

It was cancelled and I received no notification about it; as a matter of fact, I received an email in early December saying that they couldn't ship it by a certain date, but they would update me as soon as they could.

Now it's cancelled. I suppose that's alright, b/c after 2.5 months, I was going to cancel it myself. I wanted the power in this situation, and the sons a' bitches took it away from me. I'm not mad, but if I hadn't gone online with the intention of cancelling it anyway, I'd be purty upset.

fuckin' jerks.

EDIT: I posted this not b/c this happened to me, but I recall multiple occasions where people ordered stuff from Dell (mostly cheap duos), only to have it cancelled. IIRC, this happened to many people, and thus my nomination. If something bad happened to one person, that is expected; to many is unexcusable. (To be sure, because GQD came on this site, sang its own praises via another CAG identity, lied about if they knew it was a reprint or not, and openly claimed to want to help a CAG they fucked over, only to do nothing behind the scenes, that show a general disdain for all of us CAGs. fuck a bunch of them).[/QUOTE]

...bastards.

My vote is Gamestop, only because they sold 360 bundles online BEFORE they fullfilled all the B&M preorders - yes I know they are seperate entities!

Also, they don't let you stack the codes, which is kinda lame.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Bestbuy.com and their stupid backorder shit[/QUOTE]

Here is my pick as well.

Not only that, but they shipped the games in the most flimsy of boxes.

BestBuy.com

Thank You For Placing Your Order With Us!
Your Invoice is on its Way!
Here's Your Invoice, Everything is Good to Go!
Wait, We're Out of 2/3 of Your Order. Backorder Time!
Your "Items" Have Shipped! You Should Receive Them on _____ [+3 Days]
Sorry, We Used Poor Packaging. Did You Want Your Item Non-Mangled?
The Other 2/3 of Your Order is Still Backordered.
That Backorder? Yup, Still Backordered!
Are You Sure You Don't Want to Change Your Order? It's Still Backordered!
We Automatically Cancelled Your Backordered Items For You. [Yet Still Charged You Shipping on All Items]
Your Backordered Items Are Back in Stock...for Regular Price!

Boo-urns!

[quote name='jlarlee']kmart.com for their 360 fuck up[/QUOTE]

Man I would never trust K-mart with a situation that sensitive.

[quote name='Follandboy']Seconded or thirded or whatever its up to.[/QUOTE]
Why didn't you nominate Gamefly.com, since they fucked you over so badly?

Oh, wait a second, they didn't fuck you over, they stopped you from fucking them over badly because you wanted to use their sale to fund your "store". Oh, sorry, I get that wrong when I think about it, and with you making it so clear from the outset, how could I possibly get that confused?

Right here, for those that didn't see it:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78907

[quote name='shrike4242']Why didn't you nominate Gamefly.com, since they fucked you over so badly?

Oh, wait a second, they didn't fuck you over, they stopped you from fucking them over badly because you wanted to use their sale to fund your "store". Oh, sorry, I get that wrong when I think about it, and with you making it so clear from the outset, how could I possibly get that confused?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78907[/QUOTE]

Hey, stop being a troll! :p

Bestbuy for all of their backorder BS.

Of course their is the other places that we know to stay away from ebuyer,gamequestdriect etc. We know how bad they are so I say we don't even stick them in they are a given.

ive never had any problems with outpost.com, actually out of the 4 times i've ordered from them its been nothing but good.

My vote goes for bestbuy.com, i've had numerous things cancelled and the shipping prices are pretty lame.

my vote is gamestop.com-- they still ship things poorly packaged in plastic bags or dinky sleeves, scratched, and disc only for the full used price.

Gamestop.com, Buying used games from them costs too much money. Also bought Ogre Tactics GBA to get it cancelled later. Losers.

[quote name='Fallout911']EBgames.com has THE WORST used games EVER they always come so scratched they should at least wipe them clean.
And the worst return policy.

So I choose EBgames.com[/QUOTE]
I don't think Gamestop.com is the worst, but I nominate it because you can never expect a complete game when buying used.

Side note, I just remembered this category is what brought me to CAG, I was trying to find out what happened to BuyRiteGames.com, heh.

my vote has to go to k-mart. Ordered an xbox 360 premium when it said it was in stock and got a cancellation email from them a minute after I placed my order and I called them to confirm this and they said, "Oh its just a little glitch." Bastards are never gettin my business.

I 2nd Kmart and also nominate ritzcamera.com also for their own xbox 360 problem and that they have not canceled my order after I've spent hrs emailing and talking to them.

[quote name='TimPV3']Side note, I just remembered this category is what brought me to CAG, I was trying to find out what happened to BuyRiteGames.com, heh.[/QUOTE]

Man, I remember them from years ago. Back in the late 90's pretty much every other person who was really into games knew someone (or had an experience themselves) where Buy Rite screwed them every which way from Sunday. Their ads in magazines were always the best, though. They would list games that were barely announced and offer them up for sale. Nothing better than handing over your money with the promise "we'll ship when it comes in!" Oh man...so many titles offered that never actually came out...I'm surprised the BBB wasn't flooded with complaints.

BestBuy.com, horrible inventory control, high shipping rates, horrible packaging (how many crushed GBA boxes were sent) and bad customer service.

advfilms.com

they punch holes into the SKU, i dont really care about it either way, but they do it poorly. One of the discs i recieved was a little scratched up because of this.

[quote name='shrike4242']Why didn't you nominate Gamefly.com, since they fucked you over so badly?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78907[/QUOTE] i commend folland boy for his entreprenuership. i still don't have a problem with it. if folks are too lazy/stupid to find the best deals for themselves, then thats there problem. if they were smart, they would look at gamefly first before blindly buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back