Worst shipping charges youve seen?

"U.S. shipments will be sent Media Mail"

Now that is a rip off. The worst I've seen was around when the 360 came out. Some of the auctions had the 360 for a decent price but shipping was $150+

I wanted to get 7 seasons of Star Trek on DVD on eBay. One of the Asian sets....supposedly not bootleg, but who knows. Anyway, it was $50 to ship a small box with DVD's in it. No individual packaging other than an evelope for each disc.

TBW

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']At the moment mine has to go to this one-
http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Mario-Strikers-GameCube_W0QQitemZ150010113410QQihZ005QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]

Wow, what a stupid company..."Check out our 750,000 items that may or may not be in stock but we won't tell you until you give us your money." What really blows me away is that even at their lowest rate, ebay is making $7,500 per month on these guys just to host the items in their store...seeing that I understand why they have to charge so much, but it still doesn't make it right.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']I wanted to get 7 seasons of Star Trek on DVD on eBay. One of the Asian sets....supposedly not bootleg, but who knows. Anyway, it was $50 to ship a small box with DVD's in it. No individual packaging other than an evelope for each disc.

TBW[/quote]

I did this deal on DS9 seven seasons. They are not bootleg; however they are poor quality due to the packaging and the fact that the last episode on every disc gets cut off with about 30 seconds too 3 minutes left. They have gone down in price online compared to what they where.

[quote name='briansraregames']Wow, what a stupid company..."Check out our 750,000 items that may or may not be in stock but we won't tell you until you give us your money." What really blows me away is that even at their lowest rate, ebay is making $7,500 per month on these guys just to host the items in their store...seeing that I understand why they have to charge so much, but it still doesn't make it right.[/QUOTE]

how do they keep from getting banned from ebay. I thought it was against ebay rules to sell something you dont have.

I love how it says SAVE up to 2 bucks off each item when they charge you full shipping for each item

first item 16.71
second item 16.71 (then you save 2)

one stupid thing about ebay is when you sell more then one item to a person, they charge double insurance yet your allowed to change shipping why not insurance

What i mean is say you sell 3 games @10 each and shipping is 4 bucks per game with insurance say 2 bucks

it should be 44 bucks, BUt ebay invoice charges 48 since they triple you up on the insurance. It be nice if there was a way to stop this. This is one major reason why i stopped selling more then 1 item at a time

i seen a lot of places charging 20 to 25 bucks per game to ship. I thought ebay said they was going to crack down on this ,

I wonder , if i go rent a building to store games in for 500 per month and only sell 10 games i month then i guess under ebay rules I have the right to charge 50 bucks shipping on each game since that is what it cost me. So i guess someone could say Im using my house to store my games and my house payment is 600 per month so i can charge that much under my handling fees ??

[quote name='Davestation']I did this deal on DS9 seven seasons. They are not bootleg; however they are poor quality due to the packaging and the fact that the last episode on every disc gets cut off with about 30 seconds too 3 minutes left. They have gone down in price online compared to what they where.[/quote]

They are nearly perfect copies, CD art and all. These are no small operations. If they were not bootlegs then the shows wouldnt be cut off. Face it 7 seasons, with no cases, and for $50, means fakes.

[quote name='slidecage']how do they keep from getting banned from ebay?[/quote]
Because they probably pay ebay upwards of $10,000 per month, companies this big can get away with murder.

Ya know for video games with shipping charges of like $15+ (of course anything over $5 for ONE video game is pretty high)..I expect my order to be processed and have them personally hand delivery it to me within the next 5 hours.

Then I'll pay shipping of $25+ per video game.

Maybe it's me.. but I remember eBay was simply just.. an internet flea market....:(
Now it's all kinds of crazy things going on with it, companies and business' etc.. The point was to find rare stuff, sell stuff you no longer need.. as well as finding stuff you want for a decent price.
Hate when I see games full price on here. I can order it from any website for the same price. eBay is SUPPOSED to be the cheaper alternative.

Sorry, I used to love eBay..but things like this just remind me how much I detest it anymore. Every now and then I'll stumble across a pretty sweet deal. Usually it's on bundles. Last thing I remember seeing was a GBA (reg, not SP) w/ 4 games (one of them being Mario Advance 4!!) starting bid $19.99 and shipping was about $8.

[quote name='Justden']The worst I've seen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8277430621

This unfortunate person paid $275 plus over $180 on shipping for a used 360 premium with the note tacked on at the bottom of the item description reading (***I took out the HDD, and the Headset to use for my own purposes. The xbox has not been played much and is in mint condition!)

You only see the shipping charge when you click Calculate.[/QUOTE]

I live pretty close to this seller and shipping still came up $161 for me. Wow... It is supposedly priority mail + "handling". Yeah, he "handled" the HDD right out of there :roll:.

bread's done
Back