Worst Yankees loss EVER

Jesus. What's the record largest loss ever?

the Yankee's are seeming more and more like the NY Rangers (hockey). They both have phenominal players, but for some reason suck.

Yeah!! You totally made my day! ALL the Indian fans are happy! All the Boston Red Sox fans are happy. All the Yankee-haters are happy!

... and they're only ahead in the division by 3 1/2 games!
meh, who cares, baseball is boring compared to the best sport, football

[quote name='kelso']Red Sox, 3.5 back of the Yankees.[/quote]

beauty sig!

Went to my first game at Yankee stadium this year ( aloss to oakland) I think a 'meltdown' would be good for the game.. and get George fired up.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']
the Yankee's are seeming more and more like the NY Rangers (hockey). They both have phenominal players, but for some reason suck.[/quote]

Except for the whole fact that the Yanks are in first and have the second best record in the MLB, right?

Been to games in the past 2 years at Yankee Stadium, Atlanta's home park, Busch stadium (cards) meetrodome (Twins) Kansas City, and nothing beat Busch stadium! Man after the 7th inning they open the stadium up for anyone who wants to walk in!

I enjoyed Atlantas park.. Yankee.. man one can tell its the 'house that Ruth built' old.. small, HOT (no ventilation in bathrooms..in scary borough!) Metrodome.. like playing a game in a hospital.. no emotion..

Warning: Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

Its a shame Lou Merloni is still on the DL, I bet he would have loved to get in on this ass whoopin. This was against Vasquez too, he's been their best pitcher all year. I thought he was hurt but apparently he just had a bad night.

Sox takin care of business against the Angels, 3.5 back on September 1 with 6 games against the Yankees to go.

Steinbrenner must be having a fit down in Tampa...

hello, its one game. i'm no yankee fan, but one game doesnt matter for the yankees. even if boston gets ahead of the yankees in the standings, the yankees would def still clinch wild card so it really doesnt matter if the yankees lost 100-0. besides from javier vazquez, the yankees used their crappies pitchers. and if people dont realize, this isnt an upset, despite the indians record, the indians have been racking all year, they just lack the quality pitching staff to maintain a contending record. hafner, victor martinez are both going to get over 100 rbi's and vizquel, coco crisp, as well as their only ace jake westbrook have been superp this year.

also just to note -- the yankees have the most come from behind victories of at least down by 6 with like 22 this year. unfortunatey they dont have the msot come from behind victories coming from down by 22.

[quote name='dafoomie']Warning: Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

Its a shame Lou Merloni is still on the DL, I bet he would have loved to get in on this ass whoopin. This was against Vasquez too, he's been their best pitcher all year. I thought he was hurt but apparently he just had a bad night.

Sox takin care of business against the Angels, 3.5 back on September 1 with 6 games against the Yankees to go.

Steinbrenner must be having a fit down in Tampa...[/quote]
he was actually at the game tonight. imagine the locker room speech afterwards

he was actually at the game tonight. imagine the locker room speech afterwards
He was there? Oh my god.... He probably told the entire team that they're fired.

besides from javier vazquez, the yankees used their crappies pitchers.
They used Loaiza who they just traded for, and Sturtze, whos made a lot of starts for them because of injuries, and C.J. Nitkowski, who is a minor leaguer and legitimately crappy.

they just lack the quality pitching staff
They shut out the best hitting team in baseball. You bet its an upset.

Regardless of the standings, regardless of the the season series, the Yankees OWN the Bosox. Plain and simple. No matter how close they get to NY, theyll choke and blame it on the "curse"

Regardless of the standings, regardless of the the season series, the Yankees OWN the Bosox. Plain and simple. No matter how close they get to NY, theyll choke and blame it on the "curse"
Right now, the Yankees are choking, the Redsox won 7 in a row, and 13 of the last 14. The Yankees had a 10+ game lead in the standings shrink down to 3 1/2.

The difference between this year and every other year is pitching. For once, the Redsox have it, and the Yankees don't.

i just hope boston atleast beats the yankees in the playoffs even if they dont go all the way as long as they beat ny i will be happy just to shut up all the yankee fans.what makes me mad the most is that most yankee fans are bandwagon riders to begin with and i feel the yankees are probably the most overrated team in baseball and so are the players.dont get me wrong some of them are really good but you have alot of players on other teams that are way better but get no shine cause they dont got the stripes uniform. all i can say is they will regret trading soriano in the long run he will be a star watch.

[quote name='chubs189']i just hope boston atleast beats the yankees in the playoffs even if they dont go all the way as long as they beat ny i will be happy just to shut up all the yankee fans.what makes me mad the most is that most yankee fans are bandwagon riders to begin with and i feel the yankees are probably the most overrated team in baseball and so are the players.dont get me wrong some of them are really good but you have alot of players on other teams that are way better but get no shine cause they dont got the stripes uniform. all i can say is they will regret trading soriano in the long run he will be a star watch.[/quote]

well, here's my problem with that. It's cool to hate on the yankees. I was at an Angels-Redsox game, and a guy in a yankees shirt walked up to his seat, and the whole side of the stadium chanted the "Yankees suck!" slogan, sox and angels combined. It was great, but we still jumped on the bandwagon

There are four problems with the Yankees:

1. Bad investments - Contreras, Giambi, Lieber, Kevin Brown (always injured, who here really thinks he can make it through a postseason?)

2. Team chemistry isn't as good as it used to be

3. Joe Torre & Mel can't coach pitching for some reason and overwork the bullpen. See Weaver, Contreras, Karsay (overworked until he had to have surgery), and the tired arms of Quantrill and Gordon.

4. Too much money being thrown around at pieces the team doesn't need.

They really needed the Randy Johnson deal to go down. I think Alex Rodriguez is way overrated, and I don't think he was ever the best player in baseball. I think his numbers were inflated because he was in Texas. Anyways, I don't see the Yanks making it to the World Series this year, and even if they do I can't think of anyone they can beat except MAYBE the Giants (lack of talent around Bonds & Schmidt) or Braves (choke artists). I don't see them being able to beat Marlins, Cubs, Dodgers or Cardinals.

I can't see them making it to the World Series because I always thought that once Red Sox got it rolling they were the better team. The other playoff hopefuls like Angels, A's, Twins, Rangers, and Indians can all beat the Yankees as well.

They just aren't invincible like they were back in 2001, but even that was broken by Johnson & Schilling.

Oh well enough baseball ... I am ready for football season :)

[quote name='Lootr2Core']kevin brown.... broken hand...[/quote]

But its not his pitching hand.. and he says he's still going to throw Thursday.

I don't know very much about baseball, so I can't help analyze the game...

But even I know enough to see that this game almost makes my Tigers look good. Thank you, Cleveland. :D

The Yankees are fading fast. The only thing they really have in their favor the rest of the way is a fairly easy schedule compared to other contenders like Boston, Anaheim, or Texas. Their starting pitching has been horrible all year, so if they don't score 7 runs a game they're in trouble. Paul Quantrill and Tom Gordon are also due to break down, or at least must be tired after pithing in seemingly every game all year.

[quote name='dafoomie']
Right now, the Yankees are choking, the Redsox won 7 in a row, and 13 of the last 14. The Yankees had a 10+ game lead in the standings shrink down to 3 1/2.

The difference between this year and every other year is pitching. For once, the Redsox have it, and the Yankees don't.[/quote]

Mark my words. If im wrong, ill be more than happy to admit it. Dont get me wrong, im not a yankee fan, but the sox wont get past them.

[quote name='Stink_Pickle'][quote name='dafoomie']

The difference between this year and every other year is pitching. For once, the Redsox have it, and the Yankees don't.[/quote]

Mark my words. If im wrong, ill be more than happy to admit it. Dont get me wrong, im not a yankee fan, but the sox wont get past them.[/quote]

You see, there's this little thing called The Curse...

And every year it shows up just when you think it's broken :(

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Lootr2Core']kevin brown.... broken hand...[/quote]

But its not his pitching hand.. and he says he's still going to throw Thursday.[/quote]

Tonights espn. "One of the fractures extends into his wrist, requiring the pin. Now the best-case scenario for Brown (10-4) and the Yankees is that he misses three weeks -- though he could be done for the year.

"For certain, I'm happy it's the left and not the right. The thing that bothers me is that he thought enough to throw the left and not the right. I wish he would have thought a little more on that subject," Torre said. "He still has to field his position, catch the ball and do all those things."

Brown should be able to keep his arm in shape while he recovers."

bread's done
Back