Worth getting a ps3?

Deezykid

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone new here just wanted to know if is was worth buying a ps3 bundle for $300 or waiting for a price drop/ new ps3 possibly ps4 release? My xbox just broke on me and I really want to play Uncharted and LBP. Also any other good places to get a cheap 160gb ps3 besides walmart? Thanks.

Black Friday is less than three months away. If you can wait that long, I would suggest doing so, as you'll get the most value for your money that way.

And in my opinion, the best strategy for buying a PS3 is this:
- buy the PS3 model that has the smallest hard drive you can find
- buy a new 1 TB hard drive (around $100, give or take $10). They are easy to install; just make sure they are laptop-sized (2.5", might want to check reviews on whichever one you buy to make 100% sure it will fit in your PS3, as there will likely be reviews from people who have installed it in their PS3's).
- install that, get yourself a PS+ subscription for $50/year to load up your hard drive with a dozen free games now, plus a couple of new ones every month ;)

I agree, wait for BF (or even within the next couple months). There will probably be a deal before BF that is better than the current $300, especially with the rumored redesign in the works.

Definitely worth getting a PS3 nowadays with the amount of content getting pumped out of the system.

Just get a PS2 and a bucket of games.

I'd say that before Christmas there will be a nice bundle or a good deal. With the new consoles on the horizon they can't stay at the $300 price point. With Microsoft doing that $99 + 2 years of Live deal, I'd say that Sony has to have something up their sleeve.

So I say wait, unless you get an awesome second hand deal.

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I will probably just wait until BF. Also do you guys recommend any games to get along with the ps3?

There are a tons of games to play, too many to list to be honest.

Some of my favorites:

Ratchet and clank series (also the HD collection if you end up liking the series)
MGS4 (plus HD collection)
God of War
Dark Souls
Uncharted series
3D Dot games heroes
Sly collection
Ico + SOTC collection

If you're looking to catch up on the cheap, some good deals can be found (especially after a 30-40% off code every other month)

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/s...2459+4294938974+2349&departmentName=AllSearch

There are a couple good bundles out now. The Uncharted 3 bundle, Modern Warfare 3 bundle and Madden 13 bundle are all $299. If you want to wait, there will probably be a few black friday bundles. Last year they had $199 160gb bundles. I guess it really depends on if you want to wait or not.

One of my favorite PS3 games is Valkyria Chronicles, I'd pick that one up.

[quote name='Josh1billion']I would also add Heavy Rain and Catherine as two great games to pick up.[/QUOTE]

i can second this. heavy rain is my favorite ps3 game :applause:

[quote name='Taren Fox']Heavy Rain is the reason I bought my PS3. Amazing game.[/QUOTE]

Only game I enjoyed playing on PS3. Definitely get this.

PS4 will VERY likely be 2014. Christmas 2013 at best. And yes, it's worth getting one. In fact, IMO, it would be the only one of the three worth buying at this point. I've bought 2 more in the last year.

bread's done
Back