Worth it to get a comic graded?

Scrubsy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I have a Freshmen II comic that the creators Seth Green and Hugh Sterbakov signed and want to auction it off. Just wondering if it is worth it to get it graded and if any of you guys have had experience with doing such a process.

It really depeneds on what the condition is. If you think you have a 9.8 or 10 it may be worth it. CCG is based not far from me in Sarasota FL and I have heard good things about them. I have never used them, but I have what I think to be 2 Gem Mint Wolverine LS #1 and an old Defenders issue that I may get graded. If it works out well Ill dump into my uncanny and amazing run.

if you get it graded with CGC, it'll come back as a green "Qualified" label, meaning that a CGC rep wasn't there to witness the signature. IMO I say dont worry about getting it graded, getting it done will set you back ~$15 (then the eBay fess, etc)

If you want it graded just to have it encased in plastic, check out http://www.pgxcomics.com/services.cfm

i would seriously only grade comic books that have a serious monetary value (like early books.. number 1s of popular series that are long out of print.. key books.. )

I only graded comic books that i enjoy (batman year 1,watchmen and etc) and want to protect. If you are doing it for monetary reasons. Its a very harsh market. For every comic book you put up for sale, hundred more different sellers will put it up for auction in better condition. I agree wit urzishra14, rare books are key.

bread's done
Back