would pay $500 USD for a PS3?

There is an issue of time that should be an additional weight on top of the money situation.

If you dont have the time to even play all the games you want on one system, its a slightly harder to sell to spend more money for more things you wont have time for, even if money isnt an issue at all.

Moreso if you have a 5+ year backlog and you're used to paying $200 for consoles and $20-30 for games.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']There is an issue of time that should be an additional weight on top of the money situation.

If you dont have the time to even play all the games you want on one system, its a slightly harder to sell to spend more money for more things you wont have time for, even if money isnt an issue at all.

Moreso if you have a 5+ year backlog and you're used to paying $200 for consoles and $20-30 for games.[/QUOTE]

in other words, everyone go buy a wii, its games only last an hour tops. :p jk

[quote name='Apossum']in other words, everyone go buy a wii, its games only last an hour tops. :p jk[/QUOTE]
Joking? But it's true.

The only two that don't, Super Paper Mario and Twilight Princess, were supposed to be GameCube titles -- so they don't count.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I would imagine that even a mini-game compilation would rival the single player campaign of your average 360 shooter.[/QUOTE]
That's darling that, because you defend Nintendo with your life, you cunningly attack something you think I'd equally and passionately take a bullet for, in hopes of hurting my feelings as much as I hurt yours by making fun of Nintendo.

I'm not a close-minded fanboy; sorry.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I would imagine that even a mini-game compilation would rival the single player campaign of your average 360 shooter.[/QUOTE]
That's the furthest you'll ever try something outside of your close-minded tendencies: Imagining something.

The price drop really made me think about picking up a PS3, but all the games I'm interested in are PS2/PS1. I can wait for another price drop/better games.

[quote name='Brak']That's the furthest you'll ever try something outside of your close-minded tendencies: Imagining something.[/QUOTE]
I've spent more time with Wii Sports and WarioWare than it took me to play through Gears or Rainbow Six: Vegas.

EDIT: To be fair, I still play Vegas multiplayer, but I hate Gears multiplayer, so that's an open and shut case.

I would really only want one as a blu-ray player since i buy tons of movies but since i play games too id be perfect. Problem is that i ahve a wii and 360 already and dont have time to play all the great gmaes on those.

so ill prob just wait longer

[quote name='Brak']Joking? But it's true.

The only two that don't, Super Paper Mario and Twilight Princess, were supposed to be GameCube titles -- so they don't count.[/QUOTE]

"jk" I guess just because of those two games, and Trauma Center. I think Wario Ware actually took an hour and a half to beat too :lol:

I'm tempted to get one now. If only to get MGS4 whne it comes out. Blu-ray is pretty pointless to me at the moment since I lack an HDTV to really take advantage of them. After I get a PS3 I might start looking in get an HDTV...

Nope, I have too many games for now and, more importantly, I'm saving up for a good HDTV. By the time I have that and have whittled down my 360 backlog a bit, I'll get a PS3.

No... $500 is still waaaaaaaaaaaay too much to me. I *might* at $300... but even that seems high to me. $200 would be more like it - that's when I bit on the PS2, but I doubt PS3 will be hitting that mark for a long, long, long time :p

[quote name='TimPV3']Hell yes, launch would have been so much better with the current price/line up.[/QUOTE]

I agree, what we have now, should have been done 6 months ago, at which point NOW we would have had a much better lineup.

* no the PS3's library is lacking! *

I wouldn't be interested in buying a PS3 for at least another year and possibly another price drop. There's nothing out now that I feel like I have to play and barely anything interesting on the horizon. I love Ninja Gaiden, but I've already played through the damn game 4-5 times on XB and don't feel like paying for it again. However, the great games will come eventually, as they did with the PS2. Luckily I don't have to worry about any of this, as I received my PS3 as a Christmas gift.

bread's done
Back