Would you have bought the Wii at launch if Zelda wasn't there?

[quote name='furyk']I currently own nine Wii games and am happy with seven of them, so yes. I would have bought one at launch.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, which 2 of the 9 are you not happy with (so's I can avoid them ;)).

I wouldn't have bought it if Zelda wasn't on the launch lineup. I would have bought one sometime in 2007, however (just not right away).

If Zelda was a Gamecube only title, and the Wii launch line up was no different other then that, I would have waited until some time in 2007 to get my Wii.

If I hadn't found the Wii intriguing, I don't think I would have bought it at launch, even with Zelda available at launch, but I WOULD have bought it eventually, as I've owned every single Nintendo console/handheld (except the original Gameboy) and have never been disappointed with them even if they lack third party support. The Wii is the first console I have ever bought at launch.

[quote name='angrywolf']The Wii is the first console I have ever bought at launch.[/quote]Me too! I think that was almost 1/2 the draw for me was the excitement leading up to the launch.

Yes, I'm a tool of the hype machine ;)

[quote name='daroga']Me too! I think that was almost 1/2 the draw for me was the excitement leading up to the launch.

Yes, I'm a tool of the hype machine ;)[/quote]
Same here...all console launches since the N64/original Playstation haven't offered anything new besides better graphics/faster processors so it was refreshing to see Nintendo come up with new ideas. So far, I'm happy with my purchase.

Hmm well I was never really that excited. At one point I was a bit excited, but then that quickly dropped and now I dont even want one. My parents were even going to buy one but I said "Don't waste your money, use it for better stuff" Because I really have no use for one right now. (Plus I'm really careful with my money, and my parents buy a lot for me...probably cause I dont ask for much). But ya craziest thing happened... my sibling asked for a WII! I mean this person never plays video games, only game was Animal Crossing and a bit of some platformer or 2 and asked my parents for it for Christmas (but won't get it). They were like "well everyone at school has a Wii and talks about it, I want a Wii." I was shocked, cause normally its Sony talk at school...and now its a Wii!?!?! IN HIGH SCHOOL? NINTENDO? Crazy... always Sony when I went to High school. So ya, maybe I'll end up getting one and I wont be the one to pay for it this time :p

Probably not, would have waited until 2007 if Zelda wasn't out this year. Getting Trauma Center and Metal Slug soon but those wouldn't have been system sellers for me.

I actually wasn't planning to buy it due to lack of finances, but my bro bought it instead and i sucked it up and bought zelda at msrp

I swear to Sammy Davis Jr I wouldve bought the thing with no games and just spent a couple of months doing nothing but Wii Sports and going around using it to sell the concept to people.

bread's done
Back