Would you play a Halo MMO?

psychobrawler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
This quote is from an IGN news article about a blog post by a friend of a friend of Bungie....

"IGN's sources are confident that a new Halo game is in the works. But it's by an independent studio working with Bungie and it's an MMO, rather than internally created at Bungie. Microsoft also denies it's working on a Halo MMO. Needless to say, Bungie is very secretive on all fronts and any news on a new Halo game -- other than Halo 3 -- is at least a year or two away."

I'm just curious, if true, would you guys bite on a Halo MMO? What would you want it to be? FPS, RTS, or RPG?

Probably not. Have never really played many MMO games, because I have no internet anymore. I might try it if it were like Phantasy Star Online where you could collect a bunch of different weapons and such, but Halo MMO sounds kinda dumb.

Planet Side with Warthogs.

I could see it happening, but I wouldn't pay to play it--however, I bet a lot of your common level gamers would.

Yeah I would if it was on a console. And of course, only if it was worth a damn. Don't care about genre. Can be a shooter, RTS thing, or RPG. Only reason I don't play World of Warcraft is cuz I don't like sitting in front of a PC for hours and hours. Did enough of that in my teens with stuff like Everquest and Ultima Online.

And if they wanted to use textchat for communication... alls ya gotta do is plug a USB keyboard into your 360 and you're set. They could make a first party wireless keyboard and there'd be no reason to whine.

I wanna play ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper) class!!! =)

If it had a Chromehounds concept but vastly expansive, yes. Subscription above $10, no. If there are classes like Mages Shamans or crap like that, no

I dunno, it sounds like a weird idea at first, but I bet they could do some cool things with it to make it worth playing. Like, for instance, if they made clans sort of like a different race or from different worlds in the game and to challenge another clan would be to "attack" their world. I would imagine they keep going with the Halo story even after 3, so maybe a game like this wouldn't be too unimaginable.

If it was more of an RTS game and less a MMO game then I'd play it. MMORPGs and even FPS ones like Planetside seem cool from what I've fiddled with. But my cheapass couldn't ever get over the concept of shelling out $50 for a game plus another $10-15 a month...

whats the name of that mmo shooter thats supposed to be in dev for the 360?
i saw photos in mags 6-12 months ago for it, i cannot remember the name for the life of me, but the ideas they had were good, dont know how theyd flesh out though. id definately be interested, im interested in the nameless game i cant remember.

I am a hhhhhhugggggggeeeeeeeeeeee Halo fan, but if it were pay to play? Definently not. It's why I play Guild Wars instead of Wow. I won't even consider WoW because I don't wanna pay the extra $. (I know they're very different, but I don't care, pay to play = no play for me)

[quote name='paz9x']whats the name of that mmo shooter thats supposed to be in dev for the 360?
i saw photos in mags 6-12 months ago for it, i cannot remember the name for the life of me, but the ideas they had were good, dont know how theyd flesh out though. id definately be interested, im interested in the nameless game i cant remember.[/QUOTE]

Huexley, I met with one of the Devs a year ago and he told me their were almost done with the PC version and working on the XB360 version. Why it's over a year later and not even a beta or demo has appeared is weird to me. I doubt a Halo MMO is coming out. More then likely a RTS if anything. Which would be cool if it was StarCraft+Halo= awesome.

This actually sounds pretty awesome. Especially if it was a FPS MMO. I wouldn't mind it being a little WoW-esque, but of course with the action and intensity of halo. It would just be cool to start out as a plain spartan, and then customize, level up, collect weapons and armor. I think MMO's are wonderful, but i like the fast pace and live action of FPSs. WoW was a little slow paced, and it was boring grinding away. However if the gameplay was that of halo, grinding would actually be pretty fun. To combine the strengths of the two would be a great idea, but I could also see this going very wrong. I keep hearing about planetside, and i'm interested as i've never played or seen an FPS MMO. Anyone actually play it? why wasn't it successful? maybe i'll check it out.

edit:
an atv as a level 60 "mount" would be fucking awesome.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Huexley, I met with one of the Devs a year ago and he told me their were almost done with the PC version and working on the XB360 version. Why it's over a year later and not even a beta or demo has appeared is weird to me. I doubt a Halo MMO is coming out. More then likely a RTS if anything. Which would be cool if it was StarCraft+Halo= awesome.[/QUOTE]
yeah thats it. from what i read and the screens i saw it looked awesome.
it was one of the, "shit i better get a 360" games for me.
i hope they can deliver on what theyre trying to do with it.

I think this makes a lot of sense for MS when you think about it. They've said Halo 3 is the last game in that story arc... When you look at the profits that games like WOW have created, and the built in fan base of Halo, this seems like a sure fire winner.

I'm curious as to whether they'd go RPG or FPS. With the universe and "Halo Bible" that Bungie has created, there's certainly enough depth to create an MMO. And looking at some of the new cross genre development on games like Mass Effect and BioShock, I think they could come up with something incredibly cool inside of the Halo world.

But alas, I agree with some of you guys that paying a monthly fee for a game just doesn't gel with me. I'm a big enough Halo fan that it'd be hard to pass up at least trying it, but they'd have to either do a free Beta or make it available awfully cheap to even get me that far. I'd prefer to just see continuous content developed for Halo 3 myself. Like new maps and modes released annually. I'd keep buying that for a while at least.

I asbsolutely despise Halo. So I wouldnt.

Unless it was extremely kick ass... but no matter what it will be cause the cult followers of that subpar game force everyone to like it.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I asbsolutely despise Halo. So I wouldnt.

Unless it was extremely kick ass... but no matter what it will be cause the cult followers of that subpar game force everyone to like it.[/QUOTE]
what crawled up your ass?

bread's done
Back