Would you rather be obese or anorexic?

I guess I would go with anorexic since that doesn't seem to be as much as a hindrance as being obese. Being obese it would be harder to get around, fit in small seats, and do what would otherwise be simple tasks. Being anorexic would probably just make you feel tired and weak more often.

Both would suck as you'd be unhealth, and lacking energy etc.

But if I had to pick I'd go anorexic I guess as I'd rather be very skinny (I'm already pretty damn thin) than fat. As pippin notes there'd be more hassles with being obese like not fitting in Airplane seats etc.

For life? defenetly Obese i can eat, eat, and eat and get big, big and bigger, and live for ever, ever and ever and enjoy the tasty beautiful food. While anorexic people go thinner and...

I already am obese. the medical term obese is for people over 20lbs over weight. I'm about 100 lbs overweight though, and I would 1 million time rather be like this than showing off my ribs. Plus medically speaking Anorexic people have a shorter lifespan than obese people, because at least obese people are giving their body the minimum nutrition needed to stay alive, whereas the same can not be said for anorexic people.

For life? definitely Obese i can eat, eat, and eat and get big, big and bigger, and live for ever, ever and ever and enjoy the tasty beautiful food. While anorexic people go thinner and...

Anorexic. At least you can throw on some clothes and hide your nastiness. If youre obese you can put on all the clothes you want and youre still just a big gross fat guy in a lot of clothes.

[quote name='iamsobroke']I already am obese. the medical term obese is for people over 20lbs over weight. I'm about 100 lbs overweight though, and I would 1 million time rather be like this than showing off my ribs. Plus medically speaking Anorexic people have a shorter lifespan than obese people, because at least obese people are giving their body the minimum nutrition needed to stay alive, whereas the same can not be said for anorexic people.[/QUOTE]

yeah but at least anorexic people don't have to suffer through aching joints, non-stop testicle broth, heart attacks, diabetes and everything else that goes along with being fat because they will already be dead.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']If you're 6 feet tall, 229 pounds is considered obese. Pretty sure I'd rather be that than anorexic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, obesity measures based on BMI (height/weight ratios) are BS, the only ones that really matter are ones based on body fat %.

[quote name='Strell']Radioactive. The answer is radioactive.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but would you rather be bitten by a radioactive anorexic or a radioactive obese person?

[quote name='crushtopher']Obese simply because anorexia is actually a mental condition whereas obesity is a choice.[/QUOTE]

While this is technically true, I think the OP means severely underweight, not anorexic. Also, I would argue that there are mental conditions that cause obesity.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, obesity measures based on BMI (height/weight ratios) are BS, the only ones that really matter are ones based on body fat %.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm 6' and 195lbs. but I work out like a mofo. According to those old school BMI charts, anything above 179lbs. is "overweight" which is insane. To get into the very top of "healthy weight" I'd have to lose almost 20 lbs. and I assure you that if I did that I'd look sickly and I'm actually not sure it is even possible.

[quote name='Cantatus']Yes, but would you rather be bitten by a radioactive anorexic or a radioactive obese person?[/QUOTE]

by the anorexic because if an obese person does there won't he much of me left.

Anorexic. Because at least I could still score with hot chicks if I wore H&M Skinny Jeans and they were the indie sort.

Fatness creates fat wives, who are fucking heinous.

[quote name='Access_Denied']While this is technically true, I think the OP means severely underweight, not anorexic. Also, I would argue that there are mental conditions that cause obesity.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the title uses the word 'anorexic.' Still, how do you figure obesity is caused by mental conditions? And I don't mean stuff like stress or depression. Anorexia has been linked to differences and size and shape of different parts of the brain. I'm unaware of such things related to obesity.

[quote name='crushtopher']Pretty sure the title uses the word 'anorexic.' Still, how do you figure obesity is caused by mental conditions? And I don't mean stuff like stress or depression. Anorexia has been linked to differences and size and shape of different parts of the brain. I'm unaware of such things related to obesity.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure obesity has linkages to those types of physiological neurological problems.

But it's definitely related to mental issues like depression, stress etc., and disorders like compulsive eating etc. And some of those things do have neurological indicators (i.e. depression often tied to problems with dopamine transmitters or receptors in the brain) etc.

Anorexic. I have thyroid problems that make it so I have nearly no appetite. Most of the time I have to force myself to eat, and even then, it's not much. I'm 6'4" 150 lbs., and I'm happy with that. If I had to choose between dropping another 10-15 or gaining 100...I'd much rather drop the weight. I've been 100 pounds overweight before and it is absolutely awful. Never again.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']If you're 6 feet tall, 229 pounds is considered obese. Pretty sure I'd rather be that than anorexic.[/QUOTE]

When I played soccer in college I was 6ft even 6 foot 1 with shoes and weighed 232 pounds. During this time I had to take this gen ed nutrition class. One week when we were going over the BMI I volunteered to be measured and weighed for an example.

I remember the Prof really trying to sell this to us and I basically just broke the entire system. Seeing as on average I ran 10 miles a day in practice alone it was odd seeing that it stated I was "Dangerously Obese," and needed to go on a diet ASAP.

[quote name='Soodmeg']When I played soccer in college I was 6ft even 6 foot 1 with shoes and weighed 232 pounds. During this time I had to take this gen ed nutrition class. One week when we were going over the BMI I volunteered to be measured and weighed for an example.

I remember the Prof really trying to sell this to us and I basically just broke the entire system. Seeing as on average I ran 10 miles a day in practice alone it was odd seeing that it stated I was "Dangerously Obese," and needed to go on a diet ASAP.[/QUOTE]

you must of been a monster or something. soccer players that tall usually weigh less than 180

Yes indeed I was a monster. (very wide grin here) Not that I am a world class soccer player, I was on scholarship at a very weak school in a weak conference who I didnt even know had soccer team when I applied there because I didnt plan on playing after high school.

Even though I was on average about 60 pounds heavier than most players I was only 1 or 2 steps slower than them. It was virtually impossible to go around me because I would just muscle everyone off the ball and if they were not already running full speed I could keep up with them long enough so they couldnt out right run past me.

I believe the heaviest soccer player in any pro league weighs 210ish pounds. Meh love being a freak of nature.

bread's done
Back