WoW Burning Crusade CE Announced

Jebus! For 70 monies they better power level me to 70 in addition to all that special edition crud. I think they are getting cocky. It's too bad they couldnt add more to the content of the game then 2 races(1 of which was already in the game) and a zone with a few new monsters in it.

I thought I felt my veins burning.... :joystick:
I wonder if this will be as limited as the original CE....

They didn't show the price. I anticipate to be around $60, which is a lot for an expansion. But then again, we all know what happened to the WOW CE when they first came out...

Edit: Whoops, nevermind. I found the price. Jeez, $70?!?!?! Now I must determine whether I have enough for this, FFXII, ToA, Wii, and maybe a PS3.

You may as well just buy it for nothing more than an investment. Come next June, this will be going for at least double on ebay.

fuck. There went another 30 bucks. I missed out on the original CE and have been kicking myself ever since. I think it's worth it though, due to the hardcover art book and behind-the-scenes DVD. I'm a game developer in training, and getting to see all these behind the scenes things really helps me out to see how actual teams in the field operate.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Jebus! For 70 monies they better power level me to 70 in addition to all that special edition crud. I think they are getting cocky. It's too bad they couldnt add more to the content of the game then 2 races(1 of which was already in the game) and a zone with a few new monsters in it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they are really gouging the price on this one. For a long time I assumed Gamestop's $40 price tag for the non CE expansion was just a placeholder, but it really is the real price? That's insane to charge $40 for an expansion, that's $10 less than what the full game shipped at.

This is Blizzard taking advantage of a fanbase because they KNOW they've hooked people and they know they will pay any price to get their next fix. I'm honestly surprised they didn't knock it up to $50.

This $70 CE for an expansion pack is just like them saying "Haha, our retarded fans will buy anything!". It has some nice extras, but I can barely justify $70 on a regular game let alone an expansion.

I was thinking of getting back into WoW when the expansion hit but I'm not paying $40 for it, let alone $70.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, they are really gouging the price on this one. For a long time I assumed Gamestop's $40 price tag for the non CE expansion was just a placeholder, but it really is the real price? That's insane to charge $40 for an expansion, that's $10 less than what the full game shipped at.

This is Blizzard taking advantage of a fanbase because they KNOW they've hooked people and they know they will pay any price to get their next fix. I'm honestly surprised they didn't knock it up to $50.

This $70 CE for an expansion pack is just like them saying "Haha, our retarded fans will buy anything!". It has some nice extras, but I can barely justify $70 on a regular game let alone an expansion.

I was thinking of getting back into WoW when the expansion hit but I'm not paying $40 for it, let alone $70.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it seems like a bit much when you look at it this way, but SOE frequently releases much smaller expansion packs for $30, and the amount of content this one adds seems at least to me like its worth it.

Also, you do have to give them a hand when you see all the content they have released for "free." All those raid dungeons and rebuilt zones could have easily been separated and added as a $30 expansion pack 6 months ago.

When you look at the game at launch and the content that is there today, I feel like I got my $50 worth.

(Of course, I'm not counting the monthly fees, as the entire genre has them. City of Heroes or SW: Galaxies certainly haven't added this much content outside of an expansion pack, and they cost the same per month to play.)

[quote name='jalu6']
(Of course, I'm not counting the monthly fees, as the entire genre has them. City of Heroes or SW: Galaxies certainly haven't added this much content outside of an expansion pack, and they cost the same per month to play.)[/QUOTE]

I used to play SoE and City of Villains, and I still get updates on them through my email, and both games still seem to add stuff in on a regular basis without an expansion pack.

[quote name='Roufuss']I used to play SoE and City of Villains, and I still get updates on them through my email, and both games still seem to add stuff in on a regular basis without an expansion pack.[/quote]

CoH has been out longer than WoW has (by about six months), yet has had only about half the updates. In addition, the WoW updates tend to be much more robust than other MMORPG updates.

Nostalgia time - I remember playing Asheron's Call way back in the day, and their updates added new content that was completely explored and played out within six to eight hours of going live.

Anyways, I agree on the price of the expansion being high. $40 is rough. Seeing as how they can potentially sell seven million copies, I don't see why they can't give the players a break. Yeah, capitalism and all that, but there's something to be said for currying good will with your playerbase.

As for the CE, if it's limited like the original, buy early and buy often. Those babies still sell on eBay for $300 or more, if it's still sealed. Even opened, used copies can get $50. If they make a ton of them, I'd be wary of 'investing' in a copy.:) For the record, the original CE was limited to 75K copies I think.

[quote name='Roufuss']I used to play SoE and City of Villains, and I still get updates on them through my email, and both games still seem to add stuff in on a regular basis without an expansion pack.[/quote]

So does WoW. They added a ton of shit in the 3 months I played for. The 1.09 patch opened up An'Quragisahaflahg-something... If it content in the xpac is up to par with everything else, its well worth the price.

I wonder if they include the behind the scenes footage of them rolling around naked in 100 dollar bills laughing and making fun of the people who buy thier games.
You know it happens.

WoW's BC CE Site said:
Further details on the contents, as well as pricing and availability info, will be announced at a later date.

They still havent said for sure that it'll be 70 bucks. That's just EB/Gamestop figuring out a price. There's a decent chance of it being 30 (reg) / 60 (CE)

[quote name='Kayden']So does WoW. They added a ton of shit in the 3 months I played for. The 1.09 patch opened up An'Quragisahaflahg-something... If it content in the xpac is up to par with everything else, its well worth the price.[/QUOTE]

For $40, it better have 75% of the original game's content added in, since I'm paying 75% of the original price.

Even $30 is pushing it for an expansion... $25 is really the max I'd pay for one, since you're usually getting about 50% more content than what the original game shipped with.

I know WoW added in a ton of content, I played it alot since it's launch (recently quit a few months ago), but shit, $40 is pushing it.

If they push it down to $30 I'd be happy. With that deal on time cards at Best Buy next week, I might grab a few in anticipation.

[quote name='Roufuss']For $40, it better have 75% of the original game's content added in, since I'm paying 75% of the original price.

Even $30 is pushing it for an expansion... $25 is really the max I'd pay for one, since you're usually getting about 50% more content than what the original game shipped with.

I know WoW added in a ton of content, I played it alot since it's launch (recently quit a few months ago), but shit, $40 is pushing it.

If they push it down to $30 I'd be happy. With that deal on time cards at Best Buy next week, I might grab a few in anticipation.[/quote]

I thought the $19.99 cards were at CC?

[quote name='menikmati']I thought the $19.99 cards were at CC?[/QUOTE]

Eh, you're right, I PM everything at BB though so that's probably why I wrote it.

bread's done
Back