WOW: Burning Crusade for $20 @ CompUSA YMMV

kart007k

CAGiversary!
I was at my local Compusa store and I saw that WOW:BC was 50% off. I asked the manager and he said that all the stores with clearence will have this price. There were about 50 - 70 copies available.

Also, all console games are now 25% off and PC games are 30% off.:applause:

[quote name='kart007k']I was at my local Compusa store and I saw that WOW:BC was 50% off. I asked the manager and he said that all the stores with clearence will have this price. There were about 50 - 70 copies available.

Also, all console games are now 25% off and PC games are 30% off.:applause:[/quote]

so pretty much YMMV:drool:

i saw an unlimited supply of these at the Rt 46 Totowa NJ store. There were 2 carts full and a front shelf full that looked like it was untouched. and btw this store is also one of the stores closing. they might have jacked the prices on these though so be aware.

[quote name='BrandonMills']Wait, so software went from 30% to 50% off on Sunday?

If that's true, then it's time for me to hit CompUSA.[/QUOTE]

You didn't read what the OP wrote. He said (and I presume it's because they have way too many WoW:BC's that that title is 50% off...) other PC software is at 30% off.

I couldn't help but to laugh at my CompUSA the other day - they had a copy of WoW: BC marked 25% off...but it also said "NO CD-KEY" on the box. What the hell is the point of selling it, then? :p

The CompUSA near me doesn't have jack shit. Also, everything is only marked 25% off. I checked every couple of days and saw that they didn't sell a lot of stuff. Now, the shelves are almost all empty. It's obvious they sold their stuff to one of the big guns like BB or shipped the excess inventory back to a warehouse. The sale was a huge disappointment.

just came back from the san jose CompUSA that was closing, there were signs that said pc software was 25%...

Saw burning crusade, went to the register to get a price check, rung up as $40 :( It didn't have any special labels or anything specifying 50% off.

Does anyone really expect the days of charging $15 a month for a game, no matter how massive, to last? Am I the only one getting the AOL days charge-per-hour-of-gaming deja-vu here? Furthermore, it's more and more difficult to make people recommit all that time to a completely new MMO.

I like the idea of a 'lifetime fee', like the one with LotRO, but I couldn't get myself to pay $250 for a game. No matter how good. Especially a game that is basically a timesink.

Hahaha... I remember playing the original Neverwinter Nights many years ago myself, Brandon. I believe a friend of mine even sent a check in advance for his many hours of Ultima Online, if that game also charged by the hour before the inception of the monthly fee.

I do think it's a bit ironic that you're all for the disposition of monthly fees, having been through the "AOL days of charge-per-hour-of-gaming deja-vu" since we're paying just one fee a month that we would've paid for one or two hours years ago. The monthly fee also acts as incentive for both player and developer; if you're a player, you're more inclined to play and be active in the community since you're paying for it; if you're a developer, you'd want to provide regular new content to stay fresh and compete with other MMOs.

Other payment models - like ad or item shop supported - are quickly gaining ground, but a monthly fee is the best model to ward off stagnation.

Yes, I expect charging monthly fees to last. How many WoW subscribers are there? 7 million? More now most likely. If a company is making money, why would they stop?

Ok went to another store today and bingo!

Scored BC Expansion pack for $19.99 plus 25% off. Total was $14.99 plus tax.

I guess i'll just need to check the same store again to see if they have 50% off this time. Sadly, there isn't another closing compUSA close to me, though I guess I could drive about 30 minutes north to one. Guess that's not too bad.

Was it specially marked for 50% off? Or did you just bring the game to the register and it rung up as $20?

Look for a separate stand that has WoW BC at the front of the store or near the registers. Some CompUSAs have it marked down to $19.99 BEFORE the 25% off.

I was in the Springfield, NJ Rt. 22 store and they had a special rack with alomst 40 - 50 copies right in the middle of the store.

well just checked the store near me in San Jose again...in 2 days they changed it from 30% to 40% on pc software, but still no half off. I asked them about other stores having it regularly half off and they just said every store is different :\

Oh well maybe if I check again next week they'll have it half off lol. They have about 30 or so copies.

[quote name='decon']It was at the Rockville, Maryland CompUSA closing in 10 days.

They had about 35 copies of BC.[/QUOTE]

Man.... went to the Gaithersburg Compusa (like 5 miles up the road from this one), and the game was only 30% off...I'll have to check out the Rockville store tomorrow.

Thanks.

bread's done
Back