Wow... my Wii games look kinda bad (RE4, Zelda)

I'm picking up what you're throwing down jav.

I just wish that that Nintendo did the revolution/motion stuff in conjunction to true HD next gen graphics, not instead of. I would have paid an extra hundred bucks or whatever it would cost. Which rases another question:

How much more expensive would a Wii be if it had 360 quality graphics?

[quote name='PenguinMaster']The Wii is priced like a next-gen system so it should be fairly comparable, but isn't. When people spend $250 on a new system they expect an actual upgrade, what an idea![/QUOTE]

[quote name='javeryh']I totally agree - the Xbox is now only $280 and the Wii can't compare graphically (it's not even remotely close) and graphics are the first thing the average consumer will notice... The Wii will be able to survive on cartoony/stylistic games for quite some time though - just don't go for realism. Wind Waker is still the best looking game I've ever played even though games like Gears of War have WAY better graphics... I'm not sure I'm making sense...[/QUOTE]

You both just sound bitter about the whole thing. I'm not sure why you even bothered buying a Wii. You knew from the get go it was pretty much a cube or maybe slightly better graphically and would not offer HD. $280 and $399 are the price that Microsoft and Sony had to drop to in order to get back into the race not a starting point. I do understand that graphics and HD are nice as I play my 360 on an HD TV and it looks sweet but I don't shun my Wii or my PS2 as a result. If you guys can't handle the graphics why even bother at all? Like I said I play games to play games not to stare at them.

They don't sound bitter, just dissapointed.

I'm in the same boat. I knew what I was getting, but that doesn't mean I don't wish I could play Nintendo's great first party games in glorious 720p. I still love the shit out of their games, and that's why I have a Wii. But I'd love them even more if they looked better.

Graphics are just the icing on the cake, but the icing is a damn important part of a good cake.

[quote name='jkam']You both just sound bitter about the whole thing. I'm not sure why you even bothered buying a Wii. You knew from the get go it was pretty much a cube or maybe slightly better graphically and would not offer HD. $280 and $399 are the price that Microsoft and Sony had to drop to in order to get back into the race not a starting point. I do understand that graphics and HD are nice as I play my 360 on an HD TV and it looks sweet but I don't shun my Wii or my PS2 as a result. If you guys can't handle the graphics why even bother at all? Like I said I play games to play games not to stare at them.[/quote]

I'm not bitter - I knew what I was getting when I got a Wii it's just that I think it could be so much better. Zelda, Metroid and RE4 have been fantastic so far and Mario Galaxy will probably be my game of the year but it doesn't mean that I don't wish they were in HD. I play games to play them too but I don't know how you don't stare at them the entire time as well... I mean you kind of have to look at the screen in order to play, don't you?

Well I dont give a big shit about graphics, I just wondered if components would improve the picture. So there was a thread on the main deals page and I ordered some for $5.75 Cant wait to get them in!

Id love the Wii to look better like a PS3 and 360, but for the price Im happy. Plus I know my Wii will get more play cause eveyone can get involved with it. I had a party and parents and cousins and everyone had a blast. Hell my mom holds the homerun record on wii sports.

As far as old games compare I stilll love DK country, earthworm jim, etc. The thing that stops me is NO fuckING SAVE FEATURE on some. In EJ I have to beat the whole thing in one sitting..... lame.

[quote name='The Crotch']How the hell could this go so long without getting pointed out?[/QUOTE]

Because there's a big difference between playing a cheap XBLA game and playing a $50 "next gen" game when it comes to some people's graphics expectations?

Again, I'm fine with the Wii graphics for the most part. Wish they could be better, but I enjoy the games nonetheless.

But I don't think it's hypocritical for someone to bash the Wii for graphics and yet play XBLA games or classic games. Those aren't full next gen games with a high price tag.

Apples and oranges.

Just wanted to say I got my component cables in the mail and theyre great! Zelda and RE4 look tons better than they first did. A huge difference!

bread's done
Back