Wow, that was a scary dream

erehwon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I was having a normal dream until I was upstairs in my house. I was standing in the doorway of the bathroom when some ghost hunter type person said thats a bad spot to stand in. That they don't like people there or something. I was then hurled forward through the air, end over end, very quickly, into my brother's room. I was then held upside down. I have my eyes closed at this point. One of the other people in the room was trying to help.

I then try to fight to move. I was held upside and couldn't move. It takes a little bit for me to wake up. During that time, I still couldn't move. :shock: I need to go take a piss, but that bathroom from the dream is right next door to my room. That was probably one of the scariest dreams I've had. I don't think I've watched any movies with ghost recently (mainly vampire movies and van helsing wasn't scary).

did u mean you woke up quick or you couldn't wake up at first? The best way I found to wake up is to spread my eyes wide open in the nightmare, and same thing happens in real life. I dunno if this works for everyone.
does anyone see something so scary in nightmares that you try to talk or scream but nothing comes out? those are the worst. Does this ever happen in real life? I cant imagine anything that terrifying unless it was supernatual or something

I remeber having this nightmare inwhich I couldn't move. That shit freaked me out and keeped me awake for a while.

The worse ones were when I was a little kid and I would dream that I won a bunch of video games or a new system. I'd wake up all excited.

fuck it Im off to bed.

dang not being able to move must be from even more fear, complete petrification. Never had one of those, because I remember running to my mom in the dream trying to tell her what I just saw but couldnt make any noise, dolls moving from one place to another whenever I turn my back

Not being able to move just happens when you brain wakes up quickly, but your body doesn't get a chance to wake up right away. It has nothing to do with fear, just a normal phenomenon.

And I STILL have dreams about winning video games!

Last night I had a dream that I flung this guy into his brother's room and held him upside down......

Actually, I remember about 1% of my dreams. Maybe because my life is so dreamy...

I always have this one reoccurring scary dream. I'm at my old high school and its under construction and also looks like some college + my high school. Anyway their is a place me and someone always get stuck at and then finally we get out of it. But then a shooting situation always happens. Like last night I was outside of the window with like a 9mm and the person inside had something automatic. I peeked through the blinds to see where they were and they had on a mask and their was just people standing around in the room like nothing was going on. but the guy in the mask was shooting at me and I was trying to shoot back but I kept missing and finally I hide and I was scared that he was going to see me.

Crazy dream that reoccurs not in the same way but its always a shooting situation and at my modified old high school/ this new place.

[quote name='DT778']I remeber having this nightmare inwhich I couldn't move. That shit freaked me out and keeped me awake for a while.

The worse ones were when I was a little kid and I would dream that I won a bunch of video games or a new system. I'd wake up all excited.

fuck it Im off to bed.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I'd always have dreams of walking into a Funcoland and wrapping my arms around a shelf full of games and running out. I'd wind up at home and put them in the NES and I'd wake up. Not even illusionary crime pays. :sad:

[quote name='Quackzilla']That sucks.

Last night I had a dream that I fell in love. :)

me > you[/QUOTE]

You probably fell in love with yourself Asszilla.

ever since i was a kid ive had the same dreams every now and then,

in one of them, i would get in my dad's old pickup truck and it would start moving by itself and go drive around town, ive had this maybe 7-8 times...

then theres one where i go to school by riding these weird pod things down long railroad tracks, and school is located in the mall? a sign of the future perhaps?

and finnally one where im in a "B" movie horror flick with a giant armadillo thing that lived in the boiler room of my elementary school (which is now closed, maybe i should go investigate?)

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Not being able to move just happens when you brain wakes up quickly, but your body doesn't get a chance to wake up right away. It has nothing to do with fear, just a normal phenomenon.

And I STILL have dreams about winning video games![/QUOTE]

i thought he meant not being able to move in the dream itself

[quote name='Abdullah2']i thought he meant not being able to move in the dream itself[/QUOTE]
Yes, that is what I ment.

When you wake up but can't move yet, that's a real condition called Sleep Paralysis. It's usually associated with nightmares, but usually people say that they feel that they're suffocating or that someone's pushing down on or sitting on their chest. It can be brought on by stress or an irregular sleep schedule. It's happened to me, it's no fun.

[quote name='Scorch']When you wake up but can't move yet, that's a real condition called Sleep Paralysis. It's usually associated with nightmares, but usually people say that they feel that they're suffocating or that someone's pushing down on or sitting on their chest. It can be brought on by stress or an irregular sleep schedule. It's happened to me, it's no fun.[/QUOTE]

Correct your body actually produces (if I remember correctly) a chemical while sleeping that causes this...

The word Night Mare actually came from this same idea... Originally people that suffered from the paralysis believed that a witch was holding them still or sitting on them.. They also believed that these witches or ghosts flew in on horses (thus getting Mare)... eventually they were known as nightmares and then generalized to whenever you have a bad dream you had a nightmare.

I actually had a pretty shitty dream a week or so ago. fFrst night one guy broke into our house and shot my wife and me. I lived she didnt... two days later I had the dream again and this time it was two guys. I somehow wrestled the gun from one and shot him. His buddy left and I was shot and bleeding unable to help my wife who was about to die.. Crappy as dream more than a nightmare.

The scariest part of my nightmares is when I can't scream/ talk, and it feels like I am having an Asthma attack(I don't have asthma in real life) Latlely, when ever I have a nightmare were people try to kill/eat/hurt me, I realize it is a dream. Many of my dreams are like video games. So with this knowledge, I run away, then If I am about to be caught, I give up and let them killme quickly(No pain b/c its a dream), then, like a video game, I restart from the last point zI died.

I always have dreams like where i'm laying in my old bathroom and the water's running and i'm lying on my back and i can't get up. That always scares me.

Their's also one where I try and punch people yet I always miss.

[quote name='Graystone']I always have this one reoccurring scary dream. I'm at my old high school and its under construction and also looks like some college + my high school. Anyway their is a place me and someone always get stuck at and then finally we get out of it. But then a shooting situation always happens. Like last night I was outside of the window with like a 9mm and the person inside had something automatic. I peeked through the blinds to see where they were and they had on a mask and their was just people standing around in the room like nothing was going on. but the guy in the mask was shooting at me and I was trying to shoot back but I kept missing and finally I hide and I was scared that he was going to see me.

Crazy dream that reoccurs not in the same way but its always a shooting situation and at my modified old high school/ this new place.[/QUOTE]

I smell a new Counter Strike map. jk ;)

bread's done
Back