Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Editions available on Gamestop

i'll believe the limited supply when i see it, its a money maker, they're in business for a reason

getting mine from amazon already but thanks for the info op

[quote name='danh920']i'll believe the limited supply when i see it, its a money maker, they're in business for a reason

getting mine from amazon already but thanks for the info op[/QUOTE]

Ya I hate these fucking mind games. I am not activly playing the game and BC dropped to half the price within a few months......so the logical part of me says to wait on this. On the other hand pre orders of this sold out faster then BC which makes me nervous that this will be more limited and go up in value.

I am tempted to bite on this but I am going to wait.....something tells me that even if this is rarer then the BC CE was it wont be rare enough to go up but maybe instead just maintain value.

[quote name='mythus']anyone know of deals and freebies for walk ins on the regular edition?[/quote]

I was looking a couple days ago and couldn't find anything. Let's hope I'm wrong.

some Game Stop stores that are hosting midnight events are giving out Wrath of the Lich King posters. That is about the only free thing I heard of.

[quote name='danh920']i'll believe the limited supply when i see it, its a money maker, they're in business for a reason

getting mine from amazon already but thanks for the info op[/QUOTE]

Well, the previous limited editions *were* limited. They sold out fast and weren't that easy to find outside of eBay. I'm betting the same will hold true for the WotLK collector's edition.

[quote name='bickle']Well, the previous limited editions *were* limited. They sold out fast and weren't that easy to find outside of eBay. I'm betting the same will hold true for the WotLK collector's edition.[/quote]

The very first WoW CE was extremely limited; Burning Crusade CE was not extremely limited. They made more of them seeing as WoW was really successful. So it all depended on if ppl bought it in your area or not. If you live in an area like that, you can still find the BC ones at Gamestop by searching your ZIP on the site. I know of 3 stores within 25 miles of me that have it still. Used to be 4 stores just a few weeks ago.

I have a feeling that WotLK CE is along the same lines as being a Collector's Edition and not a true limited, numbered one of X amount of Collector's Editions. Except that this time around, there's more of an interest in WoW and a larger demand for the CE. 11 million subscribers means quite a ton of players that would be interested in extra WoW material goods.

I ordered 2, one for me and one for my girlfriend a while back. I think the craziest thing is that my friend ordered 5 of them. He's the one that better hope they turn rare or else he'd better have a massive shelf in need of some huge bookends.

[quote name='typeRJ']The very first WoW CE was extremely limited; Burning Crusade CE was not extremely limited. They made more of them seeing as WoW was really successful. So it all depended on if ppl bought it in your area or not. If you live in an area like that, you can still find the BC ones at Gamestop by searching your ZIP on the site. I know of 3 stores within 25 miles of me that have it still. Used to be 4 stores just a few weeks ago.

I have a feeling that WotLK CE is along the same lines as being a Collector's Edition and not a true limited, numbered one of X amount of Collector's Editions. Except that this time around, there's more of an interest in WoW and a larger demand for the CE. 11 million subscribers means quite a ton of players that would be interested in extra WoW material goods.

I ordered 2, one for me and one for my girlfriend a while back. I think the craziest thing is that my friend ordered 5 of them. He's the one that better hope they turn rare or else he'd better have a massive shelf in need of some huge bookends.[/QUOTE]

Ya thats what im guessing. Yes you couldnt find the CE anymore at gamestop but on ebay it became a $40-$50 item so much less then the MSRP.

[quote name='typeRJ']The very first WoW CE was extremely limited; Burning Crusade CE was not extremely limited.[/quote]
I'll echo this.

The original WOW:CE was truly limited, partially because it was a new game and they weren't entirely sure of the demand.

TBC:CE had a large production number. Many stores had leftover units, or were shipped more after the initial shipment (Frys comes to mind). These were on the shelves and eBay for months after the release. Oops.

I think with WOTLK:CE there will be a limited run (especially compared to TBC:CE) but still most people actively trying to get them now will be able to find them.

Damn, I have the original CE. Tied the key and lent out the art book and dvd to a friend that I no longer consider a friend. After messing with ebay around two months ago and seeing the price of it now.... ugh it felt like crap.

It'll be available for the first week. No more after that.

GameCrazy, as a company, was only able to order 1,000 of them. Some stores (like mine) won't be receiving any, even for those that preordered it. We have to refund their money. It'll be pretty limited.

If the CE is available when I pick up the game on Thursday (most likely at Best Buy) I'll pick one up. If not, the regular edition is good for me.

Honestly, the best part of the previous 2 CEs was the fact that the game came on a DVD. Made that 3 hour re-install time bearable.

I ordered it about 5 days ago from gogamer.com, but the catch was me getting it 5-7 days after the release date. However, I just found that it shipped yesterday!

...but from California when I live in NY. Estimated arrival is the 14th, which is some great news.

This is just a big ole mindfuck. I remember hearing the CE for Warhammer and Age of Conan were going to be ultra rare and they're still widely available. Considering this is WoW, I bet they print a ton of these. After release I expect this to be about as hard to find as the BC one was. Common sense dictates that as a game gets more popular you don't put out less copies.

[quote name='rainking187']This is just a big ole mindfuck. I remember hearing the CE for Warhammer and Age of Conan were going to be ultra rare and they're still widely available. Considering this is WoW, I bet they print a ton of these. After release I expect this to be about as hard to find as the BC one was. Common sense dictates that as a game gets more popular you don't put out less copies.[/QUOTE]

Well, they put out tons for TBC and ended up with more than they could sell. It is possible that they cut down production of the CEs for WOTLK to assure that all are sold.

Remeber the days when any gamer worth his spit could just tell if a game was going to become rare or not? Ah good ole PSX and SNES days. Now every freaking game gets a CE and there is no telling if its print run is limited or not. Every CE topic there are tons of people scrambling to try and figure out if the damn thing should be ordered day 1 or wait a few months for price drops. Really its rather annoying. And it wouldnt be so bad just ordering on day 1 if the damn CE was worth the money but 90% of the time its not anymore.

bread's done
Back