WrestleMania 17 DVD?

Hulkamaniac418

CAGiversary!
This is a VERY rare DVD to find, at least at a decent price. I don't want to buy the WrestleMania Anthology box set with all of the edits/blurry logos.

Anyone know where I can find it at a price that's reasonable? Are any CAGers selling their copy? ;)

[quote name='LF2']I'd be open to selling my copy. I'm not sure what the going rate for it is though.[/QUOTE]

If it has the case and is in good condition, around $75. I've been looking for it, too.

[quote name='Scorch']If it has the case and is in good condition, around $75. I've been looking for it, too.[/QUOTE]
Jesus. I sold mine here like three years ago for $5.

I went with a region 2 Tagged Classics version a couple of years ago when I bought it since it was cheaper off of a seller on amazon.co.uk. They are uneditted so no blurred logos and no music changes. You just need a way to play it, either on your PC by changing the region of your dvd player, of which there are a limited number of times you can do this, with a region free dvd player, or with a dvd player that has the ability to change the region (some have hidden codes to do this).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002NPYPOC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Why aren't Tagged Classics a thing over here? I'd love to have some of those classic shows on DVD.

As for WMX7, your best bet at this point would be eBay; Amazon sellers charge an arm and a leg. You can try FYE stores, but I've only seen older titles like that once in a blue moon. The original release is worth tracking down, though; the WM Anthology version blurs the "scratch" logo, mutes any mention of WWF and WWF New York (even though they keep in the footage from there), and the Limp Bizkit song is replaced with that dumb "Adrenaline Rush" song they've used in some of their documentaries. Funny thing is, you can still hear the LB song faintly in the background during the opening pyro display.

[quote name='Hulkamaniac418']I REALLY want your copy, dude! :)[/QUOTE]
I couldn't help but read this in Hulk Hogan's voice.

Glad Vince finally worked somethin' out after gettin' smacked up by them Pandas all those years.

I tried to watch Austin vs. The Rock recently on one of Austin's DVD and the amount stuff they had to blur in that match was ridiculous. Turned it off after a few minutes.

[quote name='kburns10']I'm sorta out of the loop. Why did the price jump up so much? Limited print run?[/QUOTE]

It went out of print about a year after its release due to the lawsuit over the name WWF. Either way, I would avoid paying big bucks for this right now, it'll almost certainly get a rerelease within the next year.

[quote name='spmahn']It went out of print about a year after its release due to the lawsuit over the name WWF. Either way, I would avoid paying big bucks for this right now, it'll almost certainly get a rerelease within the next year.[/QUOTE]

If the Mania 15 DVD re-release is any indication I'm expecting heavy revisionism/edits to Mania 17 when that one comes.

[quote name='Demolition Man']If the Mania 15 DVD re-release is any indication I'm expecting heavy revisionism/edits to Mania 17 when that one comes.[/QUOTE]

I'm confident that Wrestlemania XV was edited for content specifically for Wal-Mart, similar to how albums are.

Anyone still needs Wrestlemania 17 on DVD I've still got mine. I'd be willing to sell it since I haven't watched in awhile anyways.

Was Wrestlemania 7 edited that much on the recent walmart reprint? I think I noticed a LOT of entrances where cut at least. Up to the Warrior/Savage match. I still have my Wrestlemania 15 original DVD. Is it best just to have that version?

Looking for Backlash 2002 DVD if anyone has that too.

The wwe wrestlemania re-releases that have edits to them because of content was not wal-mart mandated. all content that was edited was wwe's call for various reasons. (benoit choking his family to death, current product pg,etc etc)

walmart sells "I spit on your grave" they dont have a family friendly g-rated version of that they demanded be made

[quote name='joker______']Wow I didn't think that DVD was rare,I have it myself cause I went to wrestle mania 17 had floor seats as well :)[/QUOTE]
I went too but was in nose bleed / cheap seats. But I was there!:applause:

[quote name='E_Man']I went too but was in nose bleed / cheap seats. But I was there!:applause:[/QUOTE]

You were sitting with the WCW hires? :lol:

[quote name='tysontomko']The wwe wrestlemania re-releases that have edits to them because of content was not wal-mart mandated. all content that was edited was wwe's call for various reasons. (benoit choking his family to death, current product pg,etc etc)

walmart sells "I spit on your grave" they dont have a family friendly g-rated version of that they demanded be made[/QUOTE]

So it's JUST the wrestlemania reprints that got edited then? Did they edit anything like The Rise & Fall Of WCW and other sets like that?

[quote name='E_Man']I went too but was in nose bleed / cheap seats. But I was there!:applause:[/QUOTE]

Man I bet we looked like ants from that view lol kidding...I still have my ticket stub somewhere and to think how cheap those tickets were compared to today's prices.

bread's done
Back