Wrist strap tightness - Vote in this poll that I made

I mostly keep it on out of habit. I just bring the slider up to my skin, and retighten it every so often.

Depends on what I'm playing, something like Wii Sports or Rayman where I'm moving the remote around a lot I'll put it on, other than that I usually won't put it on for other games.

Pretty tight - anything less, and it just flops around and gets annoying. I could take it off, but that would leave me feeling a little uncomfortable playing WarioWare and the like, and I'm too lazy to switch it around every time I play a different type of game.

[quote name='GenDV138']Depends on what I'm playing, something like Wii Sports or Rayman where I'm moving the remote around a lot I'll put it on, other than that I usually won't put it on for other games.[/quote]

Seconded.

I hardly ever use the wrist strap, but when I do, I tighten it as much as possible. Having it loose just annoys me.

I now keep it really tight after my past experiences. My brother flung the Wii remote half across the room and into the closet good thing it still works.

If the game requires any shaking at all, I put it on loosely, only because it flails around otherwise and is really distracting. The only game that I legitimately worry about letting to of the Wiimote is No More Heroes.

[quote name='LeafPanda']I now keep it really tight after my past experiences. My brother flung the Wii remote half across the room and into the closet good thing it still works.[/QUOTE]

When was it ever a good idea to let go of a controller. The Wii controller requires minimal movements to execute commands, just move further away from your TV. But in all fairness the strap was meant for the elderly as a lanyard in case if their hand gave out and dropped the controller.

I have considered taking mine off, but so far I just clamp it on loosely. I have the newer revision that actually clamps shut instead of just slides around. My neighbor has the original sliding version and they are annoying as hell since they don't stay tight.

The worst is when people try to play Mario Kart with the wheel without putting on the strap. The strap whips all around and makes a helluva racket when they do tricks. I just put my wrist in the strap without tightening it.

[quote name='Zing']The worst is when people try to play Mario Kart with the wheel without putting on the strap. The strap whips all around and makes a helluva racket when they do tricks. I just put my wrist in the strap without tightening it.[/quote]

fuck the wheel. That thing went into storage after like three circuits. Every peripheral so far is shit. Even the zapper is worthless compared to just the regular nunchuck configuration. Even the board is stupid. Smarten up, Nintendo.

[quote name='cochesecochese']fuck the wheel. That thing went into storage after like three circuits. Every peripheral so far is shit. Even the zapper is worthless compared to just the regular nunchuck configuration. Even the board is stupid. Smarten up, Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Uh ... in what alternate universe were you expecting a piece of plastic to do anything other than aesthetically please?

The board, however, is not stupid. What's stupid is the slow and potentially nonexistent utilization of it in game development.

[quote name='snipegod']Uh ... in what alternate universe were you expecting a piece of plastic to do anything other than aesthetically please?

The board, however, is not stupid. What's stupid is the slow and potentially nonexistent utilization of it in game development.[/quote]

Aw come on man. Obviously the wheel was going to be worthless but the zapper could have at least been comparable to the Perfect Shot.

Tightened just enough that it doesn't squeeze my wrist. Wanna be able to go nuts with the Wiimote if I gotta. One less thing to worry about.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Aw come on man. Obviously the wheel was going to be worthless but the zapper could have at least been comparable to the Perfect Shot.[/QUOTE]

While I like the Perfect Shot, it really doesn't add anything like steadying the aim or such. I can hold the remote alone just as steady as I can hold the grip.

I like the Zapper for the same aesthetic reasons I like the Perfect Shot, but obviously the latter is much cooler looking.

bread's done
Back