Wrong stickers.

LeafPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
At a gamestop I went to today, I saw the Persona 3 sticker on a Nocturne, making the nocturne 10$ less. I don't think anyone in my town still enjoys PS2 RPGs so it'll stay there for awhile. Do you guys think it will work, buying nocturne but they think its Persona 3.
Note: The actual correct sticker is on the back where the factory insert barcode is. One girl that works there thought I was talking about a specific game when I asked about Shin Megami Tensei games for the PS2.

unless their totally out of it, they'll end up getting the Nocturne. There are no CD's inside of the cases on the floor. They just use it to display and scan, unless it's the last copy. So after they ring it, they'll pull up the drawers and grab what it shows up on the screen. which should be Persona 3.

I see what you're trying to do..but the only way this would work is if the Persona 3 sticker was on the BACK of the Nocturne case.

For instance, a long time ago I got MGS 2 Substance for $6 at EB, because they had a regular MGS 2 barcode sticker on the back of the game.

All that's going to happen is that you will get Nocturne at the Nocturne price if there is no sticker on the back.

No GS employee is dumb enough to put Persona 3 in a Nocturne case, most of them look at the case itself before grabbing the game.

Depending on your state but most states have to sell you an item for the price stated on the label. If it rings up higher they are required by law to sale the item for the lower sticker price.

[quote name='spoo']Depending on your state but most states have to sell you an item for the price stated on the label. If it rings up higher they are required by law to sale the item for the lower sticker price.[/quote]
I think I understand you.

It seems like everybody in this thread is wrong.

Sure, you have to sell it at the sticker price, but if the sticker has a NAME for another game, then they don't have to drop the price of Nocturne.

And why the hell would they grab P3 instead of Nocturne? When people sell games, they don't look at the tags, but the case.

And the tag doesn't have to be on the back. Whichever tag they scan is the one that it will ring up, regardless of if it's spine, front, or back. There's no rule saying "ONLY SCAN THE BACK".

Yeah as its been stated if the tag is wrong they can sell you the game tagged for the listed price. Also there is no law that forces them to do it. The law is designed to protect against bait and switch but their are also laws to protect them from honest mistakes.

Plus they have the ultimate law. The ability to deny you service for no reason

bread's done
Back