WShakSpear's Weekly New Comics Thread

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Hello. I run a comic book store named Comic City in the West Oaks 2 plaza in Novi, MI. Other then trying to pimp my store more then Kevin Smith does his, i want to personnaly get into some routine of updating something weekly. So starting next week ill post on whats hot, new and crap.

Of course, this begs the question: Do any of you care?ill continure typing even if you dont :p but im just wondering if there are any current comic bok fans or have the urge to get back in. Ill try and answer any questions pertaining to the new/recent stuff.

Thanks for lookin!

Well, I'm a big Marvel reader/collector - I get basically every Marvel title, then I also get some other stuff, Cliffhanger!, Image, Vertigo, whatever looks interesting.

How's your store for back issues? Marvel can be a pain in the ass to find stuff I've missed with their current printing polices.

Actually we are mostly recent comics, so things that came out 5 years ago might be in a $1 bin but otherwise not stocked. All of our comics are in a cycle thats about 1 year from coming out to being $1. Of course the more popular titles we order a lot more of, but also end up selling out of them

I got back into reading comics with Marvel's Ultimate line and have every issue from the four series. I'd be interested in updates about those series.

Warren Ellis will begin writing ULT Fantastic Four starting on issue 7, and BryonSinger (Directort X-men:the movie) will start doing ULT x-men in a couple of months.
It'llbe interesting to see what he'll do, considering how well he's done with the 2 movies.

Marvel is going to have someone OTHER than Bendis and /or Miller writing an ultimate line? That should be unique. Do you mean that Bryan Singer is going to WRITE for UX-men? How did that come about? Seems kind of random to have the director write for the comics. It will inteteresting, thats for sure.

[quote name='basketkase543']Marvel is going to have someone OTHER than Bendis and /or Miller writing an ultimate line? That should be unique. Do you mean that Bryan Singer is going to WRITE for UX-men? How did that come about? Seems kind of random to have the director write for the comics. It will inteteresting, thats for sure.[/quote]

Singer is awesome. I finally saw the Usual Suspects last night and it was amazing.(Singer directed it)

I completely agree that he is a great director. But having him write comics should be a new experience. I'm curious to see if he will be successful.

He'll have 2 script writers helping him. I normally go with the "too many cooks in the kitchen" mantra but for a first time run in a medium, i think it'll work well.

[quote name='Wshakspear']Hello. I run a comic book store named Comic City in the West Oaks 2 plaza in Novi, MI. Other then trying to pimp my store more then Kevin Smith does his, i want to personnaly get into some routine of updating something weekly. So starting next week ill post on whats hot, new and crap.

Of course, this begs the question: Do any of you care?ill continure typing even if you dont :p but im just wondering if there are any current comic bok fans or have the urge to get back in. Ill try and answer any questions pertaining to the new/recent stuff.

Thanks for lookin![/quote]

What road are you on? I work in Warren, and I'm looking for some other comic book shops to compliment the 3 around me....
Those being Gotham Knights in Eastpointe, Sportscards Plus in Mt Clements and Mike's Comics in New Baltimore.

we are off of Novi road. We are in the shopping center right accross from the twelve oaks mall. We also have a Pontiac location accross from the Summit Place mall, and one in Canton at Ford rd. and Liley.

But my stores the best :)

And before i forget, here's a quick list of books you should be reading:

Demo
Y - The Last Man
Goon
NYX
Feather
Supreme Power

basically we've got 15 for 12 on the dollar issues, and then weve got a %70 off clearance sale going on as well (which is mainly for action figures/booble heads and the like)

I bought the Simpson's 1st Edition comic book when it came out because I was dumb and thought it would be a good investment. It's probably still valued below what I paid for it originally.

How much do you want for Dark Knight Strikes Again #2 and #3 (doesnt have to be 1st print).

And yes, Frank Miller is a god among men.
[/end FANBOY]

[quote name='chosen1s']I bought the Simpson's 1st Edition comic book when it came out because I was dumb and thought it would be a good investment. It's probably still valued below what I paid for it originally.[/quote]

I remember that issue. I was really into collecting x-men comics at the time and also thought that the simpsons might be a big issue to own. Oh well, it was a good read (i think, it was many years ago).

[quote name='chosen1s']I bought the Simpson's 1st Edition comic book when it came out because I was dumb and thought it would be a good investment. It's probably still valued below what I paid for it originally.[/quote]

lol..we actually just ordered a few of those (still in plastic bag).

[quote name='Ben_F']How much do you want for Dark Knight Strikes Again #2 and #3 (doesnt have to be 1st print).

And yes, Frank Miller is a god among men.
[/end FANBOY][/quote]

hmm...i think they are either cover price...possibly %50 off (if i was at work still id tell ya, but we're closed right now)

Red Son and Kingdom Come are on the same page in my book. Great stories, great art and great ideas.

It is DC, maybe i should say super...

bread's done
Back