WTF GS.com???

Fatso2027

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
So today I placed an order for Dead Rising from GS.com. When I was checking out I used CAG16 and my edge card, witch brought to total to 13.xx, which was fine, and the 2.99 for shipping, and 1 for tax. So I was cool with this, seeing as since I'm not quite 17 I can't buy it in store, but then when I get my invoice and the charge on my card, it say $19.xx. WTF is that? Why did they randomly NOT give me my edge discount AFTER i checked out and it WAS there......Could I go into the store after I recieve my order and get credit back for their mistake? Or am I pretty much screwed?

Yeah, go to the store and try to get a price adjustment on a game you're not allowed to buy. Good idea.

Why would that be so bad? It's not like I'm asking them to sell it to me, and they can't take it away, the worst they could do is say no.

If you go to the store they will have to give you a refund and then sell it back to you most likely. Probably wouldn't work since you are underage. It's either that or suck it up. $2 isn't that much.

@ JJSP & Randy - No need to be assholes. Just answer the question. Who cares if he's under 17?

Thanks Dark, I prolly won't even bother with it, because the GS employees around me are A-holes and practically stupid.....I once bought a game with a sticker on the cover art without realizing it, and when I went to exchange the box, they got reallly confused.... But thanks for the input guys!

They give credit cards to 16 year olds now?

Anyway, if you have a copy of the confirmation where it stated the lesser price, dispute the charge with the credit card company. Mention you only bought it based on the amount listed in the confirmation and you want to dispute the extra amount.

Also, if you attempted to return and rebuy in the store you wouldn't be able to use the CAG16 coupon since that's an online only code.

Call their customer service number tomorrow(they're closed today) and ask them about. They should be able to adjust the price and refund the difference.

Debit card actually, but that's beside the point.
GS.com is weird, same thing happened when I ordered a used Mario Kart Wii, the final invoice doesn't list most of my coupons, but then they take the appropriate amounts off....it's weird, although when I started checking out it said my edge card was on it, but not after....

Thanks tangy! I was honestly thinking of just calling them...also, if the game doesn't come with case/manual etc., would I be able to take it in store and get just the case?

[quote name='Fatso2027']also, if the game doesn't come with case/manual etc., would I be able to take it in store and get just the case?[/quote]

Yeah, you should be able to. Most of the stores will give them when asked just so it avoids a return.

bread's done
Back