WTF? Halo 3 Price Drop?

Phorty Ounce

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I just went into EB Games today to get a replacement Halo 3 LE copy, which surprisingly was in pristine condition.

However, upon reading the reciept, I noticed that the return/sell value of the copy ranged in at $68.99.

I called EB Games just now and they confirmed that Halo 3 vanilla was $59.99 and LE was at $68.99. Is this news, or does this always happen to big ticket games after a week of their release?

Superstore had them at $59.99/$69.99 during the first week of release. Both Futureshop and Bestbuy have them at $69.99/$79.99. Eb usually matches the cheapest 1st week release prices (at least in my area). Maybe MS is starting to offer a discount?

$68.99 probably means they're going to stop selling them. It also might have something to do with how the LE was scratched.

[quote name='RESmonkey']$68.99 probably means they're going to stop selling them. It also might have something to do with how the LE was scratched.[/quote]

That is what I was thinking for the LE, but what about the vanilla edition?

A couple of stores were selling it at that price from the beginning. In the wake of the dollar being equal to the American dollar, prices seem to be instable. Why did you buy at EB anyway when it was cheaper elsewhere? =P

Some stores were just slacking off and weren't selling them at the proper price while our Dollar was matched. $60 for regular should have been the norm.

I bought my copy at EB because I already had my T3GIF promo locked there. There wasn't any other game on the X360 I was really interested in so for the hell of it, I went with EB.

Best Buy and Future Shop see an opportunity to profit, so they jack up the price. Halo 3 could be $100 and people would still buy it: just entice them with a midnight launch and some freebies: Microsoft will do the rest.

Just look at Best Buy's flyer: most of their new 360 games are $64.99 when it's $59.99 everywhere else.

[quote name='Firestorm']A couple of stores were selling it at that price from the beginning. In the wake of the dollar being equal to the American dollar, prices seem to be instable. Why did you buy at EB anyway when it was cheaper elsewhere? =P[/quote]
Heard on the news that all Canadan Wal-marts are matching the US versions prices.

[quote name='Underfoot']Heard on the news that all Canadan Wal-marts are matching the US versions prices.[/quote]

Would this apply to gaming hardware too? Then we could in turn PM Wal-Mart at Future Shop or Best Buy if it's more convenient =) I dunno how it is in other areas but the nearest Wal-Mart is like an hour away from Vancouver.

bread's done
Back