WTF is happening at the Predators/Red Wings game!

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
No time for the sports forum

What happened!? Gary Fisher (I think that's who) on the Red Wings is being given CPR and there's an ambulance on the ice!

[quote name='Saucy Jack']What?!

Is this on TV anywhere?

God, I hope it's nothing bad.[/QUOTE]

foxsports south

it's reminding me a LOT of what happened regarding Owen Hart. The announcer's tones, the way the fans are acting.. they skated his fiance over to see him.. also not a good sign..

they cut to intermission

there's a link to listen on nashvillepredators.com

http://nashvillepredators.com/schedule/

go down to the 21st

apparently, he "just collapsed".

[quote name='Scorch']foxsports south

it's reminding me a LOT of what happened regarding Owen Hart. The announcer's tones, the way the fans are acting.. they skated his fiance over to see him.. also not a good sign..

they cut to intermission

there's a link to listen on nashvillepredators.com

http://nashvillepredators.com/schedule/

go down to the 21st

apparently, he "just collapsed".[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I just remembered that I only have Fox Sports Net.

[quote name='Scorch']He wasn't hit by anything[/QUOTE]

Hmm...

Well, the reporters are back on the audio feed, so I'll keep listening.

They're taking Fisher to the hospital and sending in another ambulance because of NHL rules.

The report about Fisher being stabilized is still unconfirmed.

Yeah, he's breathing on his own and is currently on the way to the hospital. They can't resume play until an ambulance arrives at the arena, that's a law, apparently.

All they're saying is that "we won't comment on the speculation, but he just collapsed".

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, he's breathing on his own and is currently on the way to the hospital. They can't resume play until an ambulance arrives at the arena, that's a law, apparently.

All they're saying is that "we won't comment on the speculation, but he just collapsed".[/QUOTE]

OK, it has been confirmed that he is breathing on his own. That's good news.

Hopefully, he'll be OK.

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']ESPN News just said he was hit in the throat by a stick.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the reporter meant to say stick, but said puck on that audio feed.

Hmm...

[quote name='Scorch']They did super slo mo to show that he wasn't hit by anything.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...once I saw the thread I went to ESPN News and that's what they were reporting. I don't know if they received more information and updated what happened.

They have reported on local TV here in Detroit that he is stable and they will be running tests on him for the next few days. They are suppose to be having a press conference at 1 EST to tell everyone what happened to him.

Thank God I didn't have to soundboard this game... I hate staying 7,000 later than I need to.

I'll say one thing--I'm glad they stopped the game. The NHL made the right call showing that there are more serious things in life than the game itself.

If this was WWE, Vince McMahon would have let him die right there, announced it to the crowd, given his eulogy and then had the main event.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']They have reported on local TV here in Detroit that he is stable and they will be running tests on him for the next few days. They are suppose to be having a press conference at 1 EST to tell everyone what happened to him.[/QUOTE]

What it looks like is that a prexisting heart condition (which was spotted during an EKG during the preseason) lead to his heart breifly stopping, and due to the depervation of oxygen to the brain, he experienced a seizure.

However, as has been stated, he has been responsive and stable since last night.

[quote name='Jerichoedge']
If this was WWE, Vince McMahon would have let him die right there, announced it to the crowd, given his eulogy and then had the main event.[/QUOTE]

You're comparing two different sports. Hockey is a physical sport with little to no showmanship. As were wrestling is sports entertainment lots of physicality and more showmanship and the continuing of a show is done in good faith after an accident.

[quote name='Scorch']No time for the sports forum

What happened!? Gary Fisher (I think that's who) on the Red Wings is being given CPR and there's an ambulance on the ice![/QUOTE]

Wait a second, we have a sports forum?

bread's done
Back