WTF is up with EBgames site?

Mr Unoriginal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Why do they seem to clear current generation games out of their system so quickly? If I search for Lumines, neither 1 or 2 for PSP shows up. Now I'm sure if I walked into my local EB I would find a few there, but it would be much easier if I could be sure about it before hand and have an idea about the price. Anyone else find this to be a hastle or is it just me that searches for older (read: this gen) games and come up empty.

I totally hate their search engine. I'm with you on that. Then again, I totally hate EB too, so I would assume as much.

After the search results show up if you click on the "Show backordered used products that may be available in stores" both of the Lumines games show up. Then check the store availability for each title. Hope that helps.

I was surprised they used the GameStop search engine rather than the EB one when they switched over to the sole website design, especially since the latter displayed backordered items all of the time and usually under a sole product description [ie: FF6 on one page with a button for New for $29.99 and Used for $24.99].

C'est la vie, I guess. Do click on the Show Backlogged Items link at the bottom of the page on all searches, though. It will more than likely pop up what you are trying to look for.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'] it would be much easier if I could be sure about it before hand and have an idea about the price. Anyone else find this to be a hastle or is it just me that searches for older (read: this gen) games and come up empty.[/quote]

telephones FTW

oh..and...

Lumines PSP: 14.99 used
Lumines II PSP: 17.99 used

from the EBgames website. go figure.

[quote name='wildnuts02']telephones FTW

oh..and...

Lumines PSP: 14.99 used
Lumines II PSP: 17.99 used

from the EBgames website. go figure.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to call up EB to be put on hold for 5 minutes every time I'm curious about the price of a game.

Thank you to the ones who mentioned the "Show backordered" link, that will probably suit me from now on.

Gamestop sucks, EB was great, especially the website. We would all have been much better off if EB had bought Gamestop instead of the other way around.

[quote name='anomynous']Don't you mean last gen?

The 360, Wii, & PS3 are current gen[/QUOTE]

Since the DS and PSP are the latest handheld consoles.. I'd say they are both "current gen".

Once DS2 and PSP2 come out.. then they will become "last gen".

We all appreciate the smartass, pointless remark though.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Since the DS and PSP are the latest handheld consoles.. I'd say they are both "current gen".

Once DS2 and PSP2 come out.. then they will become "last gen".

We all appreciate the smartass, pointless remark though.[/QUOTE]
Your Welcome

BTW just because he pointed out Lumines 1 & 2, doesn't mean he was talking about only the PSP & DS

It looks like if Gamestop.com sells out their current stock of "X" game (some title released in the last 6 moths) and does not order more...they take it out of their system even though stores might have a few copies.

Examples (I'll give some DS examples since I own one): Izuna, Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, and Theme Park. All of these games were released between Jan-Mar. of this year. Stores still have them "new" but GS.com doesn't sell them new anymore and doesnt even list them (they only list used).

So, of course you can search if a store has used copies of the game by going to the "show backordered items," but you'll never know if the store has any new copies unless you call.

Who else here misses getting up in the morning and checking the used games at the old EBgames.com site? Then jumping on CAG and bragging about what you just found and cursing those fools who stole something out of your cart. Man, those were the days.....

[quote name='superdry']It looks like if Gamestop.com sells out their current stock of "X" game (some title released in the last 6 moths) and does not order more...they take it out of their system even though stores might have a few copies.

Examples (I'll give some DS examples since I own one): Izuna, Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, and Theme Park. All of these games were released between Jan-Mar. of this year. Stores still have them "new" but GS.com doesn't sell them new anymore and doesnt even list them (they only list used).

So, of course you can search if a store has used copies of the game by going to the "show backordered items," but you'll never know if the store has any new copies unless you call.[/quote]
Yeah, THAT has been annoying the shit out of me. They'll have fairly recent games under used, yet no longer have the newer ones in system. Hell, they recently dropped the price for DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 used for the Wii, yet the new copies have been completely removed from the site.

Hell, some of the used ones disappear as well. Regardless if you have "Show backorderd" selected.

[quote name='Krymner']Who else here misses getting up in the morning and checking the used games at the old EBgames.com site? Then jumping on CAG and bragging about what you just found and cursing those fools who stole something out of your cart. Man, those were the days.....[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I definitely miss that. I got a lot of good games out of getting up early in the morning to buy some cheap $5.99 SNES games.

[quote name='Krymner']Who else here misses getting up in the morning and checking the used games at the old EBgames.com site? Then jumping on CAG and bragging about what you just found and cursing those fools who stole something out of your cart. Man, those were the days.....[/quote]

I easily bought over 200 games during that magical time of the morning update. Its how I started out on this site. That morning update made me start waking up earlier so I could get to work earlier so I could get in on those great deals.

[quote name='anomynous']Your Welcome

BTW just because he pointed out Lumines 1 & 2, doesn't mean he was talking about only the PSP & DS[/QUOTE]True, he could have been talking about the N64 or PSOne Lumines games that don't exist. Nice attempt at saving your ass, though.

[quote name='TimPV3']True, he could have been talking about the N64 or PSOne Lumines games that don't exist. Nice attempt at saving your ass, though.[/QUOTE]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't even know where you got N64 or PS1 from, nice try though

360, Wii, PS3, PSP, DS = current gen
PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, GBA, Dreamcast = last gen
N64 & PS1 = last last gen

well, in the specific case of Lumines 1 and 2. they were two of the games that were recently on sale at the stores and online. So they might have been out of stock online.

but yeah, i concur full-heartedly. The search engine on eb's site has never worked quite right.

The EBGames/GameStop site is only vaguely connected to the physical locations. It's basically an online store on its own, with stock that's separate from what the stores have.

bread's done
Back