WTF My account became a child account with the December update

Mrbaseball2710

CAGiversary!
So today I went on to download the free undertow, and some of the new demos, but when I went to get the demos I got the message saying that I was not allowed to access M rated content. I checked the family settings and everything was unlocked so I called MS. Some heavy accented Indian Lady picked up and after about 20 minutes of trying to figure out what the hell she was saying I think she said that my account automatically became a childs account with the update and that they are blocking content based on age despite the consoles family settings. I am 16 and I play all kinds of M rated games (they are better than most pg-13 movies anyways) and I am really pissed that I can't get demos, trailers and possibley even add on content! What if COD4 maps come out!!!!! fuck you MS!

Anyways sorry for the rant, and sorry if this has already been covered. Did this happen to anyone else? How do you get around it?

This happened to me as well. I was trying to download The Club demo and it says I'm not old enough.

If you find a solution, please update.

This happened to me too. I am thinking I am gonna call M$ and give them a Big "fuck You and I want money back or else" and see if that fixes it.

Give it a year and when you hit 17 you can officially play "M" rated games and the "embargo" on your account should be lifted..haha

[quote name='blackjaw']Give it a year and when you hit 17 you can officially play "M" rated games and the "embargo" on your account should be lifted..haha[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. Pretty sure it's locked to 18, even though M rated games are for 17 and up. Probably because "unrated" material could be at worst AO.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I don't think so. Pretty sure it's locked to 18, even though M rated games are for 17 and up. Probably because "unrated" material could be at worst AO.[/QUOTE]

Ouch...sucks for them.

Good luck convincing MS to change it. Didn't you guys learn from DOA to put your age at 99? ;)

[quote name='blackjaw']Give it a year and when you hit 17 you can officially play "M" rated games and the "embargo" on your account should be lifted..haha[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='refusedchaos']i called and they said you have to input a CC # to upgrade ur account....i call BS!![/QUOTE]
What the fuck? To download any unrated content you need to have a CC on your account?

I don't even have a credit card on my account. (And yes, I'm an adult.)

I made an adult account in addition to mine.

Still bullshit. It's silver, so I have to wait a week on M demos unless I pay for two live subscrptions.

[quote name='camoor']Remember not to vote for the religious right when you turn 18![/QUOTE]
What the fuck does the religious right have anything to do with this?

Joe Lieberman, Hillarry Clinton, Herb Kohl, Tim Johnson, Evan Bayh, Leland Yee, Julia Boseman. These are all DEMOCRATS, far from the "religious right".

bread's done
Back