WTF NO Online Co-op in Halo 2

[quote name='StealthySeal']eh em... old news[/quote]

How is this old?:

"October 25, 2004 - In the days approaching Halo 2's release, Microsoft has started revealing crucial information about the big picture surrounding Halo 2..." -IGN

[quote name='LinkinPrime'][quote name='StealthySeal']eh em... old news[/quote]

How is this old?:

"October 25, 2004 - In the days approaching Halo 2's release, Microsoft has started revealing crucial information about the big picture surrounding Halo 2..." -IGN[/quote]

Trust me, it was announced awhile back that there is no online co-op.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='LinkinPrime'][quote name='StealthySeal']eh em... old news[/quote]

How is this old?:

"October 25, 2004 - In the days approaching Halo 2's release, Microsoft has started revealing crucial information about the big picture surrounding Halo 2..." -IGN[/quote]

Trust me, it was announced awhile back that there is no online co-op.[/quote]

Thats what I get for trusting EGM, those lying bastards got me excited

[quote name='spyhunterk19']I propose we steal this thread, and make it about stealthies scary avatar[/quote]

I second.

Eh, it's kinda spooky, but I think my avatar's costume is freakier. When was that last time you saw an Owl dressed up as a devil? I guess...for that matter when was the last time you saw a stealth assassin seal dressed up as a ghost...

[quote name='mmn']I'm just upset that Halo 2 isn't going to cure cancer. shaq-fuing Bungie and their empty promises.[/quote]

You = the Halo 2 troll.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='mmn']I'm just upset that Halo 2 isn't going to cure cancer. shaq-fuing Bungie and their empty promises.[/quote]

You = the Halo 2 troll.[/quote]

Me = the only rational person on these forums who realizes we don't need 3 new threads PER DAY about a different feature in Halo 2. There are other games on the Xbox besides Halo 2 coming out. Shocking, I know, but its true.

Trust me, it was announced awhile back that there is no online co-op.

To clear this up, this feature, well lack of, wasn't announced officially until this statement and wasn't known for sure until the Xbox Magazine review in the last week or so.

Bungie never said either way about online or LAN co-op. They did deny four player co-op, but never said anything about online or LAN two player. That's a misconception that many people have, it was never talked about either way.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='mmn']I'm just upset that Halo 2 isn't going to cure cancer. shaq-fuing Bungie and their empty promises.[/quote]

You = the Halo 2 troll.[/quote]

Me = the only rational person on these forums who realizes we don't need 3 new threads PER DAY about a different feature in Halo 2. There are other games on the Xbox besides Halo 2 coming out. Shocking, I know, but its true.[/quote]

I'm guessing you don't often visit the PS2 thread? You must not because there are currently five San Andreas threads over there and I have yet to see one post from you about that. Shocking.

I'm guessing you don't often visit the PS2 thread? You must not because there are currently five San Andreas threads over there and I have yet to see one post from you about that. Shocking.

I don't own a PS2. That means I wouldn't be in the PS2 area of the forum discussing San Andreas, XBOXmaster. SHOCKING!

Bastards better put it in an XBL download. This was one of the things I most wanted in Halo 2. Bunk.

[quote name='WildWop']Bastards better put it in an XBL download. This was one of the things I most wanted in Halo 2. Bunk.[/quote]

i just hope they still have the "WildWop sheild" feature that R63: Black Arrow had. it was my favorite part of the new Xbox Live add-ons.

[quote name='zewone']WildWop shield?[/quote]

sorry, inside joke from playing too much Rainbow 6 online.

read about 1/3rd down the page of this thread if for a summary, if you care.

link

[quote name='jalu6'][quote name='WildWop']Bastards better put it in an XBL download. This was one of the things I most wanted in Halo 2. Bunk.[/quote]

i just hope they still have the "WildWop sheild" feature that R63: Black Arrow had. it was my favorite part of the new Xbox Live add-ons.[/quote]

](*,)

[quote name='Wshakspear']wow...people getting pissed over a feature that was never promised, let alone announced. Nice.[/quote]

It's really quite logical, if you think about it. Take last weekend for instance. You wanted to get laid, but it wasn't announced to the general public that you were supposed to get laid. Does that stop you from bitching about the pain in your oversized blue balls?

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='Wshakspear']wow...people getting pissed over a feature that was never promised, let alone announced. Nice.[/quote]

It's really quite logical, if you think about it. Take last weekend for instance. You wanted to get laid, but it wasn't announced to the general public that you were supposed to get laid. Does that stop you from bitching about the pain in your oversized blue balls?[/quote]

...wow...great comparison...really, that is quite funny AND true.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='Wshakspear']wow...people getting pissed over a feature that was never promised, let alone announced. Nice.[/quote]

It's really quite logical, if you think about it. Take last weekend for instance. You wanted to get laid, but it wasn't announced to the general public that you were supposed to get laid. Does that stop you from bitching about the pain in your oversized blue balls?[/quote]
:rofl:

[quote name='mmn']

I don't own a PS2. That means I wouldn't be in the PS2 area of the forum discussing San Andreas, XBOXmaster. SHOCKING![/quote]
See and this why people get served in these threads, HE only said Xbox in his original post, people need to pay better attention

[quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='WildWop'][quote name='Wshakspear']wow...people getting pissed over a feature that was never promised, let alone announced. Nice.[/quote]

:rofl:[/quote]
that was straight up comedy

[quote name='nevposey']A part of me died when I read this...[/quote]
Why its just a damn game, that is getting way too much hype, I think Im going to cancel my preorder, since I put all my gaming into Star Wars: Battlefront

This is old news as well, but how about the fact that FOUR people can go online with one XBOX and one LIVE account? I think that is amazing. That's some generosity on the part of Microsoft, and I'm not being sarcastic here.

Everyone's reactions are a little befuddling to me. I was horribly dissapointed at the announcement. I know it was never official, but co-op was a huge plus for the original, and taking it on line was an obvious next step. Because it's obvious enough to hope for, we've gotta know that Bungie made the same conclusion and gave it a shot. They want this game to rule on ever front, and I'm sure they'd have added it if they could've pulled it off. So I'm dissapointed, but I trust they tried. They know more than me... and most of you, I'm sure.

Regardless, the LIVE part of this game is offering more options and modes than anything else out there. It's going to kick ass. Call me a fan boy if it makes you happy. I've only played a couple of campaigns more than once in my lifetime. I've played Halo no less than 4 time, so I guess I'm a fan boy. At least it's a game worthy of such a title. If Halo 2 ends up being no better than Halo, but with LIVE multiplayer, it will still be the best FPS out there.

[quote name='morpheus_49017']
Regardless, the LIVE part of this game is offering more options and modes than anything else out there. It's going to kick ass. Call me a fan boy if it makes you happy. I've only played a couple of campaigns more than once in my lifetime. I've played Halo no less than 4 time, so I guess I'm a fan boy. At least it's a game worthy of such a title. If Halo 2 ends up being no better than Halo, but with LIVE multiplayer, it will still be the best FPS out there.[/quote]

Dear Fanboy,

Please play Perfect Dark. It has more modes then Halo 2. With better technology backing it, PD would stomp Halo into the ground and urinate on its headstone.

That said, due to its precision and 16 player support the original Halo was a fun and solid FPS. Yet for multiplayer modes, including Challenges and AI bots that were sadistic bastards, PD still bests it.

Regards,

WildWop

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='morpheus_49017']
Regardless, the LIVE part of this game is offering more options and modes than anything else out there. It's going to kick ass. Call me a fan boy if it makes you happy. I've only played a couple of campaigns more than once in my lifetime. I've played Halo no less than 4 time, so I guess I'm a fan boy. At least it's a game worthy of such a title. If Halo 2 ends up being no better than Halo, but with LIVE multiplayer, it will still be the best FPS out there.[/quote]

Dear Fanboy,

Please play Perfect Dark. It has more modes then Halo 2. With better technology backing it, PD would stomp Halo into the ground and urinate on its headstone.

That said, due to its precision and 16 player support the original Halo was a fun and solid FPS. Yet for multiplayer modes, including Challenges and AI bots that were sadistic bastards, PD still bests it.

Regards,

WildWop[/quote]

Dear PD Fanboy,
More modes or no, Humans are always better than bots. When PD Zero comes out (probably Xbox 2) we can compare. I love FPS games, so I'll probably be all over it. But for the current gen of on-line console games, nothing else is going to come close. Have you actually seen the list of modes? Each of the 8 or so categories has several subcategories... Add on top the ability to customize which weapons and vehicles on which maps, and there will be an enormous variety of gameplay. Shotgun only CTF will be much different than banshee wars over Assension or swords and 'nades only on Ivory Tower. Halo 2 is going to be a LIVE staple for a long time to come.

[quote name='morpheus_49017'][quote name='WildWop'][quote name='morpheus_49017']

Dear Fanboy,

Regards,

WildWop[/quote]

Dear PD Fanboy,
More modes or no, Humans are always better than bots. When PD Zero comes out (probably Xbox 2) we can compare. I love FPS games, so I'll probably be all over it. But for the current gen of on-line console games, nothing else is going to come close. Have you actually seen the list of modes? Each of the 8 or so categories has several subcategories... Add on top the ability to customize which weapons and vehicles on which maps, and there will be an enormous variety of gameplay. Shotgun only CTF will be much different than banshee wars over Assension or swords and 'nades only on Ivory Tower. Halo 2 is going to be a LIVE staple for a long time to come.[/quote]
Humans may always be better then bots, but some of us cant play with humans whenever we want. Some of us dont have broadband, and cant have LAN parties very often.

[/quote]
Humans may always be better then bots, but some of us cant play with humans whenever we want. Some of us dont have broadband, and cant have LAN parties very often.[/quote]

I understand. I participated in all of 1 LAN party with Halo. It was a blast, but not too practical for me. I'm a 27 year old working man with two kids. LIVE opens up a lot more practical game play though. I wouldn't object to bots, but I think this game is intended as a group experience. I can't wait to get in on that. My point was meerly that comparing PD and Halo 2 was kind of apples and oranges. Different consoles, different goals. If Halo could only be played with 4, I would be screaming about bots too. I feel the pain of those who don't have broadband. I can't imagine giving it up now.

bread's done
Back