Wut? SHIPPED? - Familyvideo.com

anvilfactory

CAGiversary!
Okay, so I canceled my order for Phoenix Wright: TT over a month ago. I had ordered it on October 7, but due to circumstances I could't control, I had to cancel it. I was refunded my money and ordered it again sometime later. After dealing with customer service to figure out how to make use of the $5 coupon, all was good. I even finished the game and it was most excellent.

Cue today. I see an email in my inbox. Wait. Order shipped? I haven't bought anything else from them. Eh? Phoenix Wright? ...Wait, did they just seriously send me something I canceled and was refunded for? My balance is like...-4.01 because of the coupon refund. :shock:

Not that I'm complaining, but has Familyvideo.com done something like this to...or maybe for you, since it's not a negative thing. Or any other service? What'd you do after receiving the package?

My Mass Effect LE from Amazon got delayed for a few days (didn't even get delivered close to the UPS estimate) even though I have Amazon Prime w/ two-day shipping. I contacted Amazon, and at first they said just wait, then they just refunded me the money. The game came later that day...

I emailed them and told them just to charge me again. Normally, my code of ethics isn't that resilient but I didn't want to get my UPS guy in trouble...Thanks to CAG and SD, I get a buttload of packages every few days.

I'm pretty sure that people have had this sort of problem with Family Video before.

Best thing at this point would be to contact them and see what happened. Also, if this put your account into the negative, I'd advise calling your bank and checking your options, or at least let them know it was a mistake, so they can remove any overdraft fees.

I think I remember this happening with Family Video before.

Of course, if you're looking to dump it, you could always send it my way. ;)

[quote name='anvilfactory']Cue today. I see an email in my inbox. Wait. Order shipped? I haven't bought anything else from them. Eh? Phoenix Wright? ...Wait, did they just seriously send me something I canceled and was refunded for? My balance is like...-4.01 because of the coupon refund. :shock:[/QUOTE]Be careful--the same thing happened to me with a Family Video cancellation that shipped anyway, but after some time (can't remember how long) the full amount was charged back to my card. Keep a close eye on your card statement to make sure you don't get billed eventually.

Thanks for the tip. The thing though is that I canceled because I had to get a new card because someone stole my laptop, which had my info on it, albeit password protected. Wonder if they'll contact me asking for the money something like that happens...

[quote name='invinceable104']I emailed them and told them just to charge me again. Normally, my code of ethics isn't that resilient but I didn't want to get my UPS guy in trouble...Thanks to CAG and SD, I get a buttload of packages every few days.[/quote]

Such kindness. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but...we'll see. :cool: I mean, it's been over a month, so I'm thinking they would've been more thorough...but eh, who knows how organized they are. :???:

[quote name='007']I think I remember this happening with Family Video before.

Of course, if you're looking to dump it, you could always send it my way. ;)[/quote]

;) Yes, the gift-giving spirit cares not for shipping charges.

Wasn't there a post a few months ago about someone who kept getting an iPhone shipped to him. In the thread it was determined (maybe) that if you get shipped something that you didn't order it's yours to keep and the company that sent it to you can't bill you for it?

I remember reading something like that.

Eh.. I remember this happening to me with Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I ordered it, it went a long time without shipping so I canceled it, then it shipped a few weeks later... and they friggin charged me for it. I've had cancelled stuff still shipped to me before but that's the first charge time I've been charged for it.

[quote name='OldKai']Eh.. I remember this happening to me with Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I ordered it, it went a long time without shipping so I canceled it, then it shipped a few weeks later... and they friggin charged me for it. I've had cancelled stuff still shipped to me before but that's the first charge time I've been charged for it.[/QUOTE]
Did you end up returning it to them? And if you did return it, did they pay for the return shipping?

bread's done
Back