WWE All Stars 360 or PS3

nubirdman

CAGiversary!
Looking to pay less than $55 since the KMart deal expired... Gamestop has had it used but its only found in store and their new "online holding policy" has screwed me twice.

Someone help?

I was just about to post this. I would recommend the 360 version though. A read a lot of bad stuff about glitches on the PS3 (including the having to reinstall the game to the HDD everytime you take out the disc) online and from friends.

Lets hope we get some replies! :whistle2:D

I have $65 in SonyStyle points from my credit card so it'd be "free" if I bought it on ps3, but this info makes me want to drive to gamestop again. The guys there were rude today when pointing out that they only had to hold the game for "up to two days", which let them sell my game after 16 hours apparently :(.

Moral of the story, do not use Gamestop's in store pickup for now!

Anyone find a deal yet!?

Last monday during wwe raw you had a chance to win a copy via twitter, and tweeting @WWEGames. They gave away one copy per match. Not sure if they will do this again, but id keep a look out. I know i was trying to win one, but didnt.

[quote name='mietha']Have you actually played the demo? If not, you might want too. The game is total trash, IMO at least.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. A step backward in gameplay 15 years.

wow really? After i got used to the controls and gameplay i thought it was really fun. Kind of has a learning curve, maybe some people cant get used to fast.

I'm going to wait this one out just like I'm doing a/ME2 on PS3. $40, giftcard coupon stacking, b1g1 or b2g1 will be the only way I buy. There's just too many games upcoming that are day 1 purchases b/c of the deals being offered like Socom 4 and MK both $150 each. At least with so many games that have already come out and AAA titles upcoming this will force WWE's price down somewhat.

I enjoyed the Demo taking it for what it is. I actually played it at a Best Buy and went through more of the characters. I expect with the license alone, that it'll stay above $30 for about a year. I just enjoyed the game, and have either some PlayStation Card money to burn, or a joystick to play it with on the 360.

I lack interest in Socom, and am not competitive enough to take advantage of MK's online play fully. I know I will get MK eventually ($40 sounds about right). Thinking of getting MK for ps3 with my points, then using the $10 towards WWE.... Ah, I'd rather pull the trigger on WWE by like Sunday so that I will have it while on call for work next week.

Now it's 2:35am and I am rambling... Let's find a deal!

[quote name='NextDeadman']Agreed. A step backward in gameplay 15 years.[/QUOTE]
It's supposed to be like that. They made it to feel more like the old school WWE/F arcade games and not the yearly Smackdown Vs. Raw games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's supposed to be like that. They made it to feel more like the old school WWE/F arcade games and not the yearly Smackdown Vs. Raw games.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Its meant to be an arcadey type game that is over the top. It is a fun game I will admit.

I am having a total blast with WWE All Stars. This is the first WWE/F game I've purchased since Wrestlemania on the PSX back in 1995.

All Stars is the best WWF/E game since Wrestlefest which was released 20 years ago.

Well worth the first day Amazon purchase to me.
Though, if you do not follow WWE you may not like it.

If anyone wants to challenge me on the PS3, my PSN name is rockphantomMG

Milan

[quote name='rockphantom']I am having a total blast with WWE All Stars. This is the first WWE/F game I've purchased since Wrestlemania on the PSX back in 1995.

All Stars is the best WWF/E game since Wrestlefest which was released 20 years ago.

Well worth the first day Amazon purchase to me.
Though, if you do not follow WWE you may not like it.

If anyone wants to challenge me on the PS3, my PSN name is rockphantomMG

Milan[/QUOTE]
I remember playing Wrestlefest in the arcades in the 90's and just sorta toying with the cpu and real opponents when playing as Ted DiBiase. I'd routinely do a couple(dozen) power slams on them and wait till as close to the end of the match as possible before putting them into the Million Dollar Dream and making them submit.:D

Between this game and the XMen Arcade game I could get lost in the arcade for HOURS.;) I wish they would put Wrestlefest up on PSN/XBL for like $10, as I'd likely buy it in a second.

$50 for a used game??
WTF! With tax it costs about the same as a new copy of All Stars on Amazon.

On the positive side, I am looking forward to playing All Stars all weekend! It's that fun!

Milan

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I remember playing Wrestlefest in the arcades in the 90's and just sorta toying with the cpu and real opponents when playing as Ted DiBiase. I'd routinely do a couple(dozen) power slams on them and wait till as close to the end of the match as possible before putting them into the Million Dollar Dream and making them submit.:D

Between this game and the XMen Arcade game I could get lost in the arcade for HOURS.;) I wish they would put Wrestlefest up on PSN/XBL for like $10, as I'd likely buy it in a second.[/QUOTE]

Wrestlefest has been available on MAME and the old RAINE emulators since 1998. Even an ancient PC can emulate Wrestlefest....

I don't think Wrestlefest will ever be made commercially available due to all of the talent licensing issues.

Milan

bread's done
Back