WWE All Stars Brawl Stick (360) $30 Buy.com

Nice deal - I'm tempted to get this, since they were never around my local Gamestops during their clearance, but I don't know if I should just save up the money towards a TE. But it is a low price...

Very tempted. have $34 in rakuten points left. That should pretty much take care of the cost and partial shipping! For anyone who many have modded it, can you tell me how simple it was to replace the stick and button with sanwa parts?

free shipping if u pick the slowest option :D

[quote name='shivan128']Very tempted. have $34 in rakuten points left. That should pretty much take care of the cost and partial shipping! For anyone who many have modded it, can you tell me how simple it was to replace the stick and button with sanwa parts?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']free shipping if u pick the slowest option :D[/QUOTE]

I didnt even look at the free shipping... LOL. even better. I do have to pay tax though... but whatever. Hopefully someone can answer my question about modding it!
Edit: NVM, just found a video on you tube about modding it. Should be pretty simple. In 4 1! Thanks OP! BTW, weren't these cheaper at BB for GS one time? I thought I saw a thread earlier in the year about these brawlsticks.

ya they were $30 at gs if u could find em.

[quote name='shivan128']I didnt even look at the free shipping... LOL. even better. I do have to pay tax though... but whatever. Hopefully someone can answer my question about modding it!
Edit: NVM, just found a video on you tube about modding it. Should be pretty simple. In 4 1! Thanks OP! BTW, weren't these cheaper at BB for GS one time? I thought I saw a thread earlier in the year about these brawlsticks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shivan128']Very tempted. have $34 in rakuten points left. That should pretty much take care of the cost and partial shipping! For anyone who many have modded it, can you tell me how simple it was to replace the stick and button with sanwa parts?[/QUOTE]

takes less than 30 mins if you know what your doing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXUrTS22fmw

I've seen these at my local Gamestops (still) for this price. Was tempted to grab one but I never use fight sticks, so meh. They are still around, so keep your eyes open.

[quote name='HydroX']I've seen these at my local Gamestops (still) for this price. Was tempted to grab one but I never use fight sticks, so meh. They are still around, so keep your eyes open.[/QUOTE]

Shmups are the only thing I'd use this for... which is why I want one for my xbox!

[quote name='CaoPi']takes less than 30 mins if you know what your doing
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've also found the old GS thread with the talk about modding fightsticks here

[quote name='HydroX']I've seen these at my local Gamestops (still) for this price. Was tempted to grab one but I never use fight sticks, so meh. They are still around, so keep your eyes open.[/QUOTE]

"You've seen", I bet they are mostly gone now ;)

[quote name='CaoPi']"You've seen", I bet they are mostly gone now ;)[/QUOTE]

Only 3 left here within 100 miles of boston. I'll purchase from buy since i'd have to pay tax here in Massachusetts anyway. Saves me the hassle of asking Gamestop to look for something they may or may not have in their inventory.

[quote name='CaoPi']"You've seen", I bet they are mostly gone now ;)[/QUOTE]

They've been there for quite some time. If someone wants to raid them I'd be more than happy, they'd stop tempting me every time I go in there.

hmm cancelled my order lol. read reviews/watched that vid about the crummy stick..for the money i'd spend replacing parts/artwork, i'd rather just get another mk fight stick for the same price, though im gonna wait for it to hit 50 again. thanks anyway op.

I found a nice site with an index of templates, just save these as PDF if you want to print them out without shrinking the size

http://srksticks.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=standard_edition

902fc10d40f7ca8488787d9d0515af0b76f18032.jpg

d3b754190825e13362ef28c2ff57b13b0e214ac1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't stress enough how great of a deal this is for a 360 PCB and stick chasis. Anyone looking to get a stick and mod it should definitely consider getting one of these. Swapping buttons + stick is a cakewalk, and the PCB is about as friendly as it gets for dual-mod soldering jobs.

[quote name='CaoPi']I found a nice site with an index of templates, just save these as PDF if you want to print them out without shrinking the size
[/QUOTE]

This is great!! Thanks for the link! =)

This is a great deal for anyone interested in a decent fight stick. They're very easy to mod and make alternate artwork for (provided you can find a store that can print off lemi-label paper, haha). Here's a picture of the stick I made with it:

photo.jpg

[quote name='CaoPi']I found a nice site with an index of templates, just save these as PDF if you want to print them out without shrinking the size

http://srksticks.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=standard_edition

902fc10d40f7ca8488787d9d0515af0b76f18032.jpg

d3b754190825e13362ef28c2ff57b13b0e214ac1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

No, no no no no, don't print directly from these images. Go over to shoryuken.com and browse the template thread in tech talk, that's where these images come from. The button cuts might not line up correctly, you're going to want to download the original psd and turn the button holes off before printing.

Anyone know if Toodle's kitty boards fit on these? I think the pcb is the same size as the te sticks.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Can't stress enough how great of a deal this is for a 360 PCB and stick chasis. Anyone looking to get a stick and mod it should definitely consider getting one of these. Swapping buttons + stick is a cakewalk, and the PCB is about as friendly as it gets for dual-mod soldering jobs.[/QUOTE]

Completely true. A dual mod for < $100 is amazing and this stick doesn't feel half bad.

No, no no no no!!!!!!:D

I see they matched Gamestop's price. I entered 999 and it came out to $29,XXX! Guess they're prepared. Lol.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Can't stress enough how great of a deal this is for a 360 PCB and stick chasis. Anyone looking to get a stick and mod it should definitely consider getting one of these. Swapping buttons + stick is a cakewalk, and the PCB is about as friendly as it gets for dual-mod soldering jobs.[/QUOTE]
How bad are the stock buttons/joystick? I can take the ps3 PCB from my other crap stick to make this functioning again, but besides the artwork, I have no plans on extensive modding (at this time).

And it looks like they are gone. Damn it! I've been wanting one of these for shmups on my PC and 360.

Tell me about it. The page loaded but when I went to add to my cart it was unavailable. So mad was going to get one for a friend so he could work on his arcade and one for the pcb for myself.

Guess that goes with working nights miss all the good morning sales. Really missed out around black Friday.

[quote name='prettycrazy']How bad are the stock buttons/joystick? I can take the ps3 PCB from my other crap stick to make this functioning again, but besides the artwork, I have no plans on extensive modding (at this time).[/QUOTE]

We've had varying experiences. I got one from GS, and the buttons were completely unresponsive. The fighting-pads or even a basic controller were better for me on my PS3.

I found the stick fine though. But there were other members here that had the exact opposite experience where they had awful sticks and good buttons.

It's definitely worth the price as is, but you should fully swap those out when you can.

FYI...GS will usually ship these (or other items) from one store to your local store for free. I had 2 shipped from a store about 30 miles away. The items will be reserved for you and not put on the floor for sale.

The stick & buttons are pretty good for what they are (reps of Sanwa parts). If you've never used Sanwa/Seimitsu parts then they'll be fine. However, once you use those parts then these will just be ok at best. Either way, you can't go wrong for $30 if you can find one at your local GS or if you can get them to ship to your local store. And yes, it's VERY easy to mod. Just unscrew from the bottom & you're in like skin!

[quote name='antlp89']This stick is super easy to mod and I actually use it more than my TE because it is much lighter and more portable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you're a lap player then this will be easier to use. However, if you're a table top player like myself then the heavier the better for stability. Also, it's nice to have the extra surface area to rest/lay your hands.

[quote name='cancermatt']Sold out on buy.com but hoping for the restock very soon![/QUOTE]
What are the chances on that? I missed out too taking too long deciding if I wanted it xD.

my stick came today, some of the fastest shipping from buy.com via slowest shipping, I'm from CA afterall....

I just snagged the last one at my local Gamestop (PS3). $14.99. My house is overflowing with sticks, but I couldn't pass that up for 15 bucks.

Huge YMMV though, I know it's still listed at 30 online.

[quote name='Very Unclever']I just snagged the last one at my local Gamestop (PS3). $14.99. My house is overflowing with sticks, but I couldn't pass that up for 15 bucks.

Huge YMMV though, I know it's still listed at 30 online.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

[quote name='Very Unclever']I just snagged the last one at my local Gamestop (PS3). $14.99. My house is overflowing with sticks, but I couldn't pass that up for 15 bucks.

Wow, 14.99? I found a PS3 and 360 version in my area last week but they were 29.99. I'll have to check to see if they also dropped in my area. Thanks for the heads up.

It's mos def a YMMV since it still rang up as $30 at a GS store yesterday. They said your store might have mistakenly priced the Brawlstick as a Brawl pad since those are $15. Congrats b/c you gotta heck of a deal!

bread's done
Back