WWE Brawlstick (PS3/360; $80) & Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii; $40) Fighststick B1G1 Free!

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Before anyone says their stuff's crap, let me say while I can't speak for their other products, Tournament Edition (TE) & Standard Edition (SE; well, 2nd gen that is) sticks are quality stuff! TE's are the standard at all gaming tournaments. FWIW, I'm a joystick collector of sorts. The 1st gen TE (Street Fighter IV theme) sticks were great except occasionally the PCB would act up BUT the 2nd gen & newer (TE-S) sticks has a revised PCB for better reliability. I've had tons of 1st & 2nd gen TE's yet never an issue with any of them.

Also, the 1st gen SE (Street Fighter IV theme) sticks were plagued randomly with a joystick lever issue BUT has now been corrected with the 2nd gen SE sticks starting with the Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii stick & WWE Brawlstick. The main differences between the 1st & 2nd gen SE sticks are that the joystick lever & 8-main pushbuttons are completely different parts! FYI, Sanwa parts are the standard for arcade cabinets in Japan (Street Fighter, Blazblue, Soul Caliber/Blade, Tekken, etc.). Seimitsu is also another popular manufacturer over there but not as much as Sanwa (I like both equally just depending on my mood). The joystick lever tries to mimic a Sanwa JLF (pretty close to it but still not a JLF unless you use an actual spring from a JLF) & the pushbuttons tries to mimic Sanwa OBSF-30's (VERY close to the feel of an OBSF-30). These prices don't include shipping (~$10) and/or tax yet:

- WWE Brawlsticks (PS3/360) 2 for $80:

PS3: http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5079&idCategory=426

360: http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5080&idCategory=426

- Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii) 2 for $40:

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=4736&idCategory=355

Also, if you buy any TE stick then you get their fightstick messenger bag ($30) free! If I confused anyone with all the tech mumbo jumbo then feel free to ask questions & if I can't provide an answer then I'll be honest, LOL!

EDIT1: Thanks to CaoPi & Ch33pSh33p for confirmation that promo code, "crosscounter" does indeed take 10% off.

EDIT2: For an additional $15, you can get this Wii Classic Controller to PC/PS3 converter that has 2 ports:

http://www.amazon.com/WII-CLASSIC-C...1698/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322307483&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jcaugustine']The TvC one looks sweet[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is! I haven't seen the WWE version in person yet but the TvC artwork's cool also because it has a matte texture to it.

[quote name='KtMack23']I'd definetly do 1 for $40, but I have no use for the second fight stick.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps get another CAG'er in your area to go in half & half? Either that or list it in your local Craigslist.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Before anyone says their stuff's crap, let me say while I can't speak for their other products, Tournament Edition (TE) & Standard Edition (SE; well, 2nd gen that is) sticks are quality stuff! TE's are the standard at all gaming tournaments although I prefer some Hori sticks over some Madcatz TE's. FWIW, I'm a joystick collector of sorts. The 1st gen TE (Street Fighter IV theme) sticks were great except occasionally the PCB would act up BUT the 2nd gen & newer (TE-S) sticks has a revised PCB for better reliability. I've had tons of 1st & 2nd gen TE's yet never an issue with any of them. Also, the 1st gen SE (Street Fighter IV theme) sticks were plagued randomly with a joystick lever issue BUT has now been corrected with the 2nd gen SE sticks starting with the Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii stick & WWE Brawlstick. The main differences between the 1st & 2nd gen SE sticks are that the joystick lever & 8-main pushbuttons are completely different parts! FYI, Sanwa parts are the standard for arcade cabinets in Japan (Street Fighter, Blazblue, Soul Caliber/Blade, Tekken, etc.). Seimitsu is also another popular manufacturer over there but not as much as Sanwa (I like both equally just depending on my mood). The joystick lever tries to mimic a Sanwa JLF (pretty close to it but still not a JLF unless you use an actual spring from a JLF) & the pushbuttons tries to mimic Sanwa OBSF-30's (VERY close to the feel of an OBSF-30). These prices don't include shipping and/or tax yet:

- WWE Brawlsticks (PS3/360) 2 for $80 & WWE Brawlpads 2 for $40 (PS3 pads are wireless while 360 versions are wired):

http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=426

- Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii) 2 for $40:

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=4736&idCategory=355

Also, if you buy any TE stick then you get their fightstick messenger bag ($30) free! If I confused anyone with all the tech mumbo jumbo then feel free to ask questions & enjoy! They use to give 10% off your 1st purchase if you sign up for their newsletter but I'm not sure if that's still valid and/or you can combine it with these promos.

EDIT: I just noticed the WWE Brawl pads are $20 each at Gamestop & most in my area have them in-stock.[/QUOTE]

I was going to ask the same thing, I guess 10% newsletter is no more? Are there any other promo codes around?

seems cross counter takes 10% off I went ahead and ordered one for 360 and PS3! Also how would I replace the spring on the stock one, Nucking Futs? I'm only familiar with buying stock sanwa levers and OBSF 30s when modding the original SEs

Edit: Nvm it seems only letting me get the B1G1 deal on one console :( . I can't get a PS3 and a 360. Automatically ads 2 per platform when placed in cart!

seems I answered my own question, but what kind of spring would you recommend for this Nucking Futs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L67fUfH3S5o

[quote name='CaoPi']seems cross counter takes 10% off I went ahead and ordered one for 360 and PS3! Also how would I replace the spring on the stock one, Nucking Futs? I'm only familiar with buying stock sanwa levers and OBSF 30s when modding the original SEs

Edit: Nvm it seems only letting me get the B1G1 deal on one console :( . I can't get a PS3 and a 360. Automatically ads 2 per platform when placed in cart!

seems I answered my own question, but what kind of spring would you recommend for this Nucking Futs?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that! Perhaps you can call them directly (in that link I just posted) to see if they're willing to allow you to order one per console for this deal?

You don't need to take off the clear plastic restrictor if you're going to replace the spring. Just remove the E-clip (the Madcatz joystick lever has a "C-clip" shape from what I remmeber) then the actuator should slide right off the shaft to get to the spring but be careful because there should be some grease on there. Since each spring's less than a dollar, I highly recommend getting more than one type of spring & play around with each one (or mix & match like in that YouTube vid) until you settle on one you like since it's really personal preference. No need to mess w/the microswitches on the PCB assembly since the Madcatz version of the joystick lever has Omron micrswitches already that feel similar to the one's in the JLF.

Sanwa JLF spring:

http://www.lizardlick.com/Sanwa-JLF-SP-Spring_p_257.html

Seimitsu springs:

http://www.lizardlick.com/Seimitsu-Joystick-Parts_c_214.html

[quote name='shadowkast']That is one huge wall of text!![/QUOTE]

I like the un-informed to be informed, haha! Well, hopefully it makes sense after reading the whole she bang. Arcade joysticks are a little hobby of mine. Besides, this site has helped me saved ALOT of money so I figured this is the least I can do. :)

Would recommend the TvC one. Great light stick and I would get but I have no use for 3 (since I have one already) but would have loved to pick this up three months ago before I got one. One for me, one for a friend and it's all good.

[quote name='Kali']Would recommend the TvC one. Great light stick and I would get but I have no use for 3 (since I have one already) but would have loved to pick this up three months ago before I got one. One for me, one for a friend and it's all good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're great sticks for the price! I bought 2 at the same time for ~$55 shipped on eBay but that was earlier this year & nowadays, they go for ~$45 for one on eBay so they're getitng more rare.

[quote name='Ch33pSh33p']Got it for like ~$50 shipped with the crosscounter coupon.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

No prob! I'll edit the 1st post to include the 10% promo code, thanks for the confirmation!

Nucking Futs!,

First Gen TE owner here 1 for the PS3 and the other for the 360. I will admit I haven't spent as much time on the sticks as I should've but i wanted to ask you if there anyway to test for the first gen pcb issues you spoke of ? any telltale signs? Thanks for your time.

[quote name='Darvan']Nucking Futs!,

First Gen TE owner here 1 for the PS3 and the other for the 360. I will admit I haven't spent as much time on the sticks as I should've but i wanted to ask you if there anyway to test for the first gen pcb issues you spoke of ? any telltale signs? Thanks for your time.[/QUOTE]

Hey Darvan,

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Only signs are inputs (from both joystick lever & pushbuttons) randomly not working. If you're still in warranty then it shouldn't be a prob. Even if you're not, you can get a bada$$ replacement PCB from a 3rd party such as a Toodles Cthulhu (ps3) for $30 & it's all plug & play, no soldering involved:

http://www.lizardlick.com/Toodles-Cthulhu-for-PCPS3_p_543.html

There's another plug & play replacement pcb for ~$20 BUT it won't be available for another few weeks.

this is pretty great of a deal all around for the TvC ones. since it works with the Wiimote it should also work with the Wii U when it's out, and with Wii-USB adapters you can even play 'em on PC/PS3. for $25 apiece post shipping that's insanely hard to beat for even low level sticks. awesome.

[quote name='DarkZero104']this is pretty great of a deal all around for the TvC ones. since it works with the Wiimote it should also work with the Wii U when it's out, and with Wii-USB adapters you can even play 'em on PC/PS3. for $25 apiece post shipping that's insanely hard to beat for even low level sticks. awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I was relieved to hear all Wii (not Gamecube!) accessories will be compatible with the Wii-U. That $15 Wii Classic Controller to PC/PS3 converter's getting good reviews on Amazon & Shoryuken AND it has 2 ports!

http://www.amazon.com/WII-CLASSIC-C...1698/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322307483&sr=8-1

[quote name='beano-time']They won't ship to APO/FPO addresses :( and I wanted to get in on the TvC fightstick so bad too ugh.[/QUOTE]

Call their customer service & tell them you're in the military to see if they'll make an exception.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Call their customer service & tell them you're in the military to see if they'll make an exception.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, hopefully they'll be nice enough to do it.

[quote name='beano-time']Thanks, hopefully they'll be nice enough to do it.[/QUOTE]

No prob! Worst case scenerio they'll say no so it won't hurt to ask. :)

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']No prob! Worst case scenerio they'll say no so it won't hurt to ask. :)[/QUOTE]
Urg, customer support doesn't open until monday and by then the deal will probably be over, hopefully if they allow me to do it they'll still let me do the deal. Gonna send the email then call them up on monday just to be safe.

[quote name='beano-time']Urg, customer support doesn't open until monday and by then the deal will probably be over, hopefully if they allow me to do it they'll still let me do the deal. Gonna send the email then call them up on monday just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hopefully they'll still honor it on Monday but I'm not sure when exactly it'll end.

[quote name='beano-time']Urg, customer support doesn't open until monday and by then the deal will probably be over, hopefully if they allow me to do it they'll still let me do the deal. Gonna send the email then call them up on monday just to be safe.[/QUOTE]
could allways get them sent to a friends place and have them send them to you if that would be a option

Does using the converter hurt the input at all? I'm always weary buying converters since there might be a delay, which would really hurt games like MvC and SF.

Great find none the less, I never bought a stick before and I want to make sure that what I buy is going to work and work well!

awesome for mashing! My sanwa parts on my old SE still hasn't gone bad after 1.5 yrs. I'm currently playing UMVC 3, I hate mashing in this game for for damage output!

[quote name='GreatDoink']Does using the converter hurt the input at all? I'm always weary buying converters since there might be a delay, which would really hurt games like MvC and SF.

Great find none the less, I never bought a stick before and I want to make sure that what I buy is going to work and work well![/QUOTE]

Out of all the reviews I've read (as of a few months ago), I don't recall anyone mentioning any lag/delay so you should be good to go.

[quote name='CaoPi']awesome for mashing! My sanwa parts on my old SE still hasn't gone bad after 1.5 yrs. I'm currently playing UMVC 3, I hate mashing in this game for for damage output![/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of UMVC3 due to the button mashing but yeah, Sanwa parts are quality stuff!

I'm guessing this is gonna be good until tonight midnight? I don't want to order multiples should I just order B1G1 on a PS3 WWE stick and e-mail them about getting a free 360 brawl stick instead of 2 PS3 brawl sticks?

Sucks they don't have a live chat customer support....

[quote name='CaoPi']I'm guessing this is gonna be good until tonight midnight? I don't want to order multiples should I just order B1G1 on a PS3 WWE stick and e-mail them about getting a free 360 brawl stick instead of 2 PS3 brawl sticks?

Sucks they don't have a live chat customer support....[/QUOTE]

Not sure when the sale ends since it doesn't say on their site. IMO, I'd order right now if I was in your position & take your chances if they'll let you do that BUT call them tomorrow in addition to emailing them right after your transaction. Worst case scenerio, you can list the other one on eBay since they're going for around $45 lately.

My PS3 brawl sticks arrived today. I e-mailed them regarding the B1G1 issue but they were unable to let me purchase the sticks across different platforms :(

Also one of the fight stick had some scratches on the artwork casing right out of the box wtf! Anyone else get this?

bread's done
Back