www.GOG.com buy1 get on free on Interplay games - last day!

cjunk74

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
To celebrate GOG.com's 1 year anniversary they are having a sale on Interplay games.

http://www.gog.com/en/page/1year_promo/

Buy 1 get one free. Sorry, no Fallout 1 & 2(Edit: Fallout 1 and 2 work, they just aren't on the main page). Lasts for one week.

Games listed:

Freespace + Expansion
Freespace 2
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Sacrifice
Earthworm Jim 1 + 2
MDK
Kingpin: Life of Crime
Fallout Tactics
Redneck Rampage Collection
Descent 3 + Expansion
Stonekeep
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

All games are $5.99 (so that's $6 for two games)

EDIT: Oops, there are even more games.
MDK 2
Castles 1 &2
Hostile Waters
Conquest of the New World
Screamer
F/A 18E Super Hornet
Evolva
Kingdom: The Far Reaches
Jagged Aliance 2
Messiah
M.A.X. 1 & 2
Die by the Sword
Shattered Steel
Earthworm Jim 3D
Invictus
VR Soccer '96

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.gog.com/en/page/1year_promo/

As a celebration for their one year anniversary, you can select two Interplay games and get one for free. They all cost $5.99 (Plus tax)

The participating games include...

Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Freespace + Expansion
Freespace 2
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Redneck Rampage
Earthworm Jim 1 & 2
Descent 1 & 2
Descent 3 + Expansion
MDK
Stonekeep

This is a great deal! thinking about getting all the Descent games. those were classics I'd love to experience again.

well, time to discover the world of Fallout.

edit: Just bought Fallout 1 & 2 and could not decide on the third free game. I was not interested in Fallout tactics so through youtube and Giant Bomb I picked Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Seems like a funny wierd game

[quote name='Neorub']well, time to discover the world of Fallout.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Just grabbed Fallout and Fallout 2 for $5.99 total. Great deal.

I've purchased a few other games from GOG, they are great.

If you're an ECA member, there also is a code for a one time 20% discount on any purchase at GOG.com if you haven't used it before. Unfortunately you can only get one code per ECA membership (it doesn't regenerate like the Amazon codes do.)

EDIT: My bad, it doesn't look like the ECA code and this offer can be combined. Sorry about that!

Well there goes my weekend. I just picked up Sacrifice, Descent 3, Earthworm Jim 1 + 2, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, MDK 1 + 2, Kingpin, and Freespace all for $24

Fallout 1 and 2 weren't on their premotion page so I didn't include them. Good that they work too. Yeah I thought it was interesting timing too. We can combine them if any mod wants to.

if anyone can get the color glitch to workout for them in Fallout 2 (i think or maybe 1), then I give you 100+ internets. I've tried on 3 different machines, w/ 3 different OS's and everything in their forums, and have just given up. Very hard to play due to this.

For those of you who didn't know about this before downloading and is affected by this, like me, I'm sorry!

[quote name='Layd Dly']Where can i put in my ECA coupon code? I dont see a place for it.[/QUOTE]

Oops. I went back and looked, and it looks like you can't combine the ECA code with this promo. I went back and edited my original post to reflect this. Sorry!

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']Are these games updated to work properly with newer computers?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they should work in XP and Vista with no problems. If for some reason you have some kind of weird setup that it does have problems, they are great at providing technical support.

[quote name='GarrettJD']Oops. I went back and looked, and it looks like you can't combine the ECA code with this promo. I went back and edited my original post to reflect this. Sorry![/QUOTE]

Its to bad i wouldve bought a shit ton of games, i guess ill only grab a couple now.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Its to bad i wouldve bought a shit ton of games, i guess ill only grab a couple now.[/QUOTE]

W/o ECA they are $3/ game & with ECA they would have been $2.40/ game. Is it really that big of a difference?

I love GOG. I have plenty of games from them and not only do they support them well, but they give extras that nobody else does. For almost all games you get a .pdf of the manual, soundtrack, and bonus art. What other site gives you the soundtrack to fallout 1&2, Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia SOT all included in the price. Oh yeah, and NO DRM as well. This is by far one of the best sites for gamers online. Wow, I sound like a commercial.

[quote name='RColaUAB']W/o ECA they are $3/ game & with ECA they would have been $2.40/ game. Is it really that big of a difference?[/QUOTE]

It is if im spending $72, 20% off makes almost a $15 difference.

Castles 1 & 2 are awesome old strategy games. MDK 2 is an excellent action game. I also got Battle Chess 'cause I've always loved it. Great deal. :)

Hmm, pretty good deal. Did anyone play Castles back in the day? I didn't, but always saw them in the Interplay catalog.

Speaking of which, keep tossing out suggestions.

I remember Castles being very fun.. but man that has to be extremely old..like 15 years probably.. I don't know how those graphics would hold up at all now..

I finally got fallout 1/2 now(played them previously on gametap), and I kind of want Fallout Tactics. The problem is, I don't know what to pair it with. I'm interested in Freespace 2, but I recall that it used a full keyboard for hotkeys and management, and I don't think I'm interested in that level of management. Shogo looks interesting but repetitive. Any other suggestions?

[quote name='cjunk74']I love GOG. I have plenty of games from them and not only do they support them well, but they give extras that nobody else does. For almost all games you get a .pdf of the manual, soundtrack, and bonus art. What other site gives you the soundtrack to fallout 1&2, Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia SOT all included in the price. Oh yeah, and NO DRM as well. This is by far one of the best sites for gamers online. Wow, I sound like a commercial.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, I feel like I do too :lol: It's like there's no downside to it.

I can't figure out what to get with this sale though that I haven't already gotten. I'd actually like Redneck Rampage-it's this Build-engine game from the 90s that was pretty nuts (not sure how it would play now, but for it's time it was high-end). But I don't know what else to get with it.

[quote name='ddrpower']I finally got fallout 1/2 now(played them previously on gametap), and I kind of want Fallout Tactics. The problem is, I don't know what to pair it with. I'm interested in Freespace 2, but I recall that it used a full keyboard for hotkeys and management, and I don't think I'm interested in that level of management. Shogo looks interesting but repetitive. Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Giants: Citizen Kabuto is a lot of fun. A great single player campaign and some people are still playing it online. http://www.giantswd.org/

Id be crapping my pants if I didnt already own most of these. And since everyone has already stated that Fallout is one of the best deals here, Ill mention another fave of thats on the list. For anyone that wants some old school flight sim similar to x-wing or tie fighter, HAVE to get Freespace 1 and 2. Id recommend dusting off a joystick for it though. I cant say enough about the level of scale and great story of the games which just keeps getting bigger and better as the games progress. Trust me, its all worth it when you finally fight the Shivan mothership at the end of 1. One of the greatest battles of all time. Ok, ok, enough of my rant. But unless you completely hate anything sci fi or cant stand flight sims, I say buy these right now.

For someone who isn't particularly familiar with either series, would you fine people recommend the MDK games, or the Fallout games? Or perhaps one of each? Or one of them and Giants?

I guess that, for 12 bucks, I could try both series... but I need to pinch pennies right now. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

[quote name='mokmoof']For someone who isn't particularly familiar with either series, would you fine people recommend the MDK games, or the Fallout games? Or perhaps one of each? Or one of them and Giants?

I guess that, for 12 bucks, I could try both series... but I need to pinch pennies right now. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.[/QUOTE]

They're pretty much exact opposites. Fallout is a hardcore, and to me, dated RPG. They have a TON of fans, but I couldn't get in to Fallout 1 when I finally played it a few years ago. (And for me, I don't mind that Fallout 3 isn't exactly the same!)

MDK is...a really weird shooter...platform...thing. It's been years since I've played it, and I bet the original's graphics are really dated. Don't know if it would be fun or not. The sequel probably looks fine, as it was on the PC and Dreamcast. The original was by Shiny, and the sequel by Bioware (one of their few non-RPGs). The demo seemed fine, but it was supposed to be super crazy hard, so I've never bought it.

[quote name='mokmoof']For someone who isn't particularly familiar with either series, would you fine people recommend the MDK games, or the Fallout games? Or perhaps one of each? Or one of them and Giants?

I guess that, for 12 bucks, I could try both series... but I need to pinch pennies right now. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on what kind of game you want. Fallout is one of my personal favorites, but if you want a 3d action game that was better than anything else at the time, MDK would be your choice. But the most bang for your buck would probalby come from the Fallout games out of pure time and depth. Of course that could be said of any RPG over action games. If your still on the fence, just get the first of each then see if they interest you. If they both do you cant go wrong buying the whole series and if onlyone does, you can get the sequel and Giants. Either way I think your gonna be spending 12 bucks buddy.

[quote name='tankass']I think it depends on what kind of game you want. Fallout is one of my personal favorites, but if you want a 3d action game that was better than anything else at the time, MDK would be your choice. But the most bang for your buck would probalby come from the Fallout games out of pure time and depth. Of course that could be said of any RPG over action games. If your still on the fence, just get the first of each then see if they interest you. If they both do you cant go wrong buying the whole series and if onlyone does, you can get the sequel and Giants. Either way I think your gonna be spending 12 bucks buddy.[/QUOTE]

Point taken. Thanks!

Edit: Thanks to you, too, Wolfpup!

A nice sale, coincidentally the games I had gotten when the site was first launched and offered a buy-1-get-1-free sale were both Interplay games.

Also, I highly suggest Sacrifice for anyone looking for an original strategy game. It's really not anything like other RTS games out there, it's almost more akin to Herzog Zwei than Warcraft or Command and Conquer, but it's an excellent game for the price. Does anyone know if the multiplayer in it still works?

[quote name='Edge']A nice sale, coincidentally the games I had gotten when the site was first launched and offered a buy-1-get-1-free sale were both Interplay games.

Also, I highly suggest Sacrifice for anyone looking for an original strategy game. It's really not anything like other RTS games out there, it's almost more akin to Herzog Zwei than Warcraft or Command and Conquer, but it's an excellent game for the price. Does anyone know if the multiplayer in it still works?[/QUOTE]

Im curious about the multiplayer too. I doubt it but might be interested in some if the multiplayer is functioning (without that serial cable).

Nobody ever seems to talk about it, and it got grief when it was released...but I personally LOVED Stonekeep.

Did it come out in '95? I thought I remembered it got good reviews? I remember SOMETHING positive about it, I thought.

EDIT: Or maybe it just sounded interesting to me at the time, can't remember.

[quote name='token2k6']if anyone can get the color glitch to workout for them in Fallout 2 (i think or maybe 1), then I give you 100+ internets. I've tried on 3 different machines, w/ 3 different OS's and everything in their forums, and have just given up. Very hard to play due to this.

For those of you who didn't know about this before downloading and is affected by this, like me, I'm sorry![/QUOTE]

Are you talking about stuff that looks like weird mulitcolored (mostly yellow, light blue, red and purple) confetti on the screen? I had that problem and I did a search. All I had to fix it was open up a pc window (documents, music, pictures etc) while the game was running and it was fine. I don't know if that's the problem you had, or if you already tried that, but I figured I'd suggest it anyway.

I thought about getting Fallout 1+2 for a few minutes...until I remembered that, somewhere, I've got the original discs thanks to Target clearance ages ago. $2.50 for the two pack. :D

Any other games that would be worth considering? I'm broke, but this is in my current price range. I remember thinking Messiah and Giants: Citizen Kabuto looked cool years ago; has anyone here played them?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']

Any other games that would be worth considering? I'm broke, but this is in my current price range. [/QUOTE]

I bought Sacrifice . I only played the tutorial, but it seems pretty fun. It got good reviews back in the day

Thinking of Sacrafice. Need to find a free one though. Was going to get both the fallouts until I realized they were downloads.

I'm getting Earthworm Jim 1+2 ... for the free one, should I get Hostile Waters or Messiah? Which has more replay value?

[quote name='EnjoysDeals']Thinking of Sacrafice. Need to find a free one though. Was going to get both the fallouts until I realized they were downloads.[/QUOTE]

theyre all downloads...

Bought Fallout: Tactics to complete my Fallout collection, and Lionheart, well, because it's Black Isle, even though I heard it's glitchy. Not like I really need to buy two long-ass RPGs right before the holiday rush, but ya can't beat all that gameplay for six bucks.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']theyre all downloads...[/QUOTE]

I know that. Didn't realize till I got onto my comp and looked around. Iphone browsing ftl.

bread's done
Back