X-Box 360 MadCatz Arcade GameStick $9.99 (national clearance; YMMV price) @ BestBuy

djkunai

Banned
I just bought this:
41a2o%2B42LeL._AA280_.jpg

from Best Buy B&M for $9.99 (on clearance from $39.99). SKU: 8192396.

For those that don't know how BB clearance's work:

1- They mark down an item by 10% off.
2- Over a period of 30 days the item gets marked down further to as low as 90% off. This markdown schedule is YMMV, but it does happen at every store to at least 75% off.
3- After those 30 days, the final markdown is effective- it won't get any cheaper.

If you buy it at a higher price, you can return the item and rebuy it at the lowest price (theoretically, YMMV with idiot employees). So it's possible this could drop to as low as $2.99 and you could get it for that price, buy YMMV.

Here's a link to the gamestick on AMAZON- this is just for reference

Well, regardless of the stick's quality (it is poorly designed), it comes with some free XBLA games, so $10 is a great deal IMO.

[quote name='KingDox']yeah, at ten bucks the free games almost make the stick free. At 10 bucks what have you got to lose ?[/quote]

Exactly.

Thanks OP :D

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oh nice. I did really want this from the Target clearance, but a few people said they hated the stick. Any opinions on this?[/quote]

its LIGHTER than a pack of cigarettes, and the stick is WAY TOO BIG, keeps toppling over... also, the "spin" wheel doesnt spin, it turns, kinda like a stuck spoke on a wheel, does NOT turn freely ....

Buttons are in odd places, and the controller is SUPER CHEAPLY MADE!

I took mine back, and i only paid $20 at target, I said "they should call this the CRAP stick" when i took it back

Since this thing works on a PC, it MIGHT be usefull for Stella (an Atari 2600 emulator). If I an find it at my local BB, I think I would buy it.

i got one for $14 at BB in Knoxville, TN. 2 left after the one I got.

I'm sure the stick is crap, but like you guys keep saying... it's basically free after you count the cost of the games (assuming you actually wanted them)

edit: Just realized too, if you are planning on making an arcade quality controller of your own (I am eventually), this is probably the cheapest that you'll find a 360 controller that you can use as a base. granted, it's not ideal... but it's darn cheap. (plus turbo buttons)

I checked online and a few of my BBs had at last one in stock. I arrived at the BB closest to me and it scanned for $17.99. I was expecting $9.99 so I called the next closest BB and theirs scanned at $13.99, so I had the BB I was at match the price.
Anyway, I plan on holding onto the receipt and before my 30days are up I'll have a BB scan the sku in and give me a price. If it's lower I'll do a price match.
Haven't actually tried the stick yet, but it's worth the money for the free downloads. Has anyone used the downloads and returned the stick? Just curious.

How is the dpad for stuff like Pacman CE and Exit?

If the dpad is good, that plus the paddle (for Warlords once it comes out) could make this worthwhile.

Wait, is the controller only for XBLA or can I use it for any game? I only have 1 controller and for $10 I would bite. (Yes, I own so much that I don't need a conventional controller)

Gave the controller a test drive, and it's pretty uncomfortable after extended playtime. I'm thinking of calling BB in 28-29 days and checking to see if the price drops further, then getting the price match and possibly trading the stick in at Gamestop if it's worth anything.

[quote name='h0mi']I paid $20 for this at target a few weeks ago. Nice find.[/QUOTE]

Same. I've felt like I've gotten the $20 mileage out of it too. Didn't think negatively of the stick like others.

Good find.

[quote name='backwards_compatible']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...8192396&productId=1140393550778&itemId=930255

There's the in-store pickup link if anyone wants to check stock before heading out. Out of stock at my nearest Best Buy, unfortunately. Thanks anyway, OP.[/QUOTE]

Don't believe that stock checker for this item - I looked at it this morning and it said the every store local to me was out... I went over to BB at lunch and they had two on the shelf (stickered $13.99, scanned $9.99).

just picked up 2 for 13.99 each in bloomingdale,il
theres one left
the boxes were messed up
the first one i had was missing 2 game codes
the other had all three game codes

I got one at target...the D-pad is superior to the regular xbox controller. I read reviews about it before I bought it. They were generally positive about its use for games like pacman where the D-pad matters.

The big stick is kind of fun for stuff like frogger but the controller is not that comfortable to hold that way.

As far as the games go, I enjoyed time pilot and astro pop. Frogger is somehow even harder than it was on coleco back in the day.

[quote name='KevlarGibs']Just realized too, if you are planning on making an arcade quality controller of your own (I am eventually), this is probably the cheapest that you'll find a 360 controller that you can use as a base. granted, it's not ideal... but it's darn cheap. (plus turbo buttons)[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. I bought one of those SF Anniversary sticks a while back and I've been planning to replace the stick/buttons with Happ parts and wire them to a 360 controller board. A cheapy controller like this is perfect for those kinds of projects.

Anyone know if there's any pattern (date) to the price dropping on clearance stuff? It was $17.99 where I checked as well. A bit too rich for my blood although I may regret it if it's gone next time I check.

[quote name='Justin42']Anyone know if there's any pattern (date) to the price dropping on clearance stuff? It was $17.99 where I checked as well. A bit too rich for my blood although I may regret it if it's gone next time I check.[/quote]

Eh, unless you've realized there are a few CAGs in your area you're probably fine waiting.

The two I saw were on the bottom shelf tucked away with the generic 360 accessories covered in a layer of dust so thick under a 39.99 price tag.

I pricematched my stick at Circuit City. The bastards wouldn't pricematch the BB that had it droped to 9.99 (but was OOS) that was literally only six miles away and instead had to pricematch the closer Best Buy that had it for 13.99 (but was OOS too bwaha)
Awesomely though, they did tell them that it was "13" so it was entered in as 12.99 with 110% price guranteed. 11.XX. I almost had it down to 9.99, but my Gamer's Club card got shot down since I was already pricematching.

bread's done
Back