X-Box 360 MadCatz Arcade GameStick $9.99 (national clearance; YMMV price) @ BestBuy

djkunai

Banned
I just bought this:
41a2o%2B42LeL._AA280_.jpg

from Best Buy B&M for $9.99 (on clearance from $39.99). SKU: 8192396.

For those that don't know how BB clearance's work:

1- They mark down an item by 10% off.
2- Over a period of 30 days the item gets marked down further to as low as 90% off. This markdown schedule is YMMV, but it does happen at every store to at least 75% off.
3- After those 30 days, the final markdown is effective- it won't get any cheaper.

If you buy it at a higher price, you can return the item and rebuy it at the lowest price (theoretically, YMMV with idiot employees). So it's possible this could drop to as low as $2.99 and you could get it for that price, buy YMMV.

Here's a link to the gamestick on AMAZON- this is just for reference

I got one at the chio hills BB in SoCal for 13.99. It's not as bad a stick as some made it out to be, it actually made astro pop and geomitry wars seem new because of the different control scheme.

Bah! I promised the missus I wouldn't get it if it was more than $10. My local BB has it for $13.99. So no astropop for me ...yet.

I just found a bunch of these boxed at the goodwill thrift store for $10 and was confused as to the cheap price...now I see why. I should attempt to trade the 3 xbla codes for something since I don't plan on playing any of those games.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Just checked my local BB and it was $13.99.[/quote]

Also, it wasn't marked at $13.99. I was still labeled as $39.99 and I had the cashier check the price for me.

So even if you see at your local BB as $39.99, have someone scan it for you as the price might be lower.

I'm going to pick this up for Ms. Pac Man...playing with the d-pad on the regular controller is so horrible this has to be better. Thanks for the heads up on this OP and all the opinions of the value of this from the rest of you guys!

Thanks OP! I just picked one up at my local BB (Amherst, NY) for $13.99 on my lunch break. It was clearly marked on the shelf at that price as well. For those in the Western NY area: there was one left at that location as of about 12:45pm, and according to the store locator all the other WNY locations have it in stock too.

Got my hopes up thinking this thing was backwards compatible with the old Xbox, seems like I'll never find an arcade stick for the old Xbox or PS2 in-stores! :(

Dangit. 17.99 here. Only one left, package was a little damaged, but still new in plastic. i regret not picking it up, still a good price, but would love to get it for 9.99. anyone know what the best buy markdown patterns are?

[quote name='deletion']Dangit. 17.99 here. Only one left, package was a little damaged, but still new in plastic. i regret not picking it up, still a good price, but would love to get it for 9.99. anyone know what the best buy markdown patterns are?[/QUOTE]

You can always get it now and take the reciept back in for a refund of the difference if it drops within 30 days. If you really don't want to pay $17, just don't open it and return it if it doesn't drop.

Maybe a tad off topic, but I love Time Pilot. First time I've played it-- it's a more fun version of Astroids.
Also, loving the D-pad on the Gamestick-- much better than the official D-pad.

I would advise to not spend the money on this. update: I didn't know it came with 3 xbla games, maybe it is worth it afterall.

Got 1 for $14 in Pearland, TX. Man, that stick's poorly-designed. Who the hell wants an Atari 2600 stick for 360 games? But it's worth it for that price!

[quote name='greyzieoriental']so anyone trade the stick in yet?[/quote]

Traded one in at GS on Friday against a VF5 Hori stick, got $12 for it.

$12 more than its worth IMO.

I paid $13.99 for mine, took the cards out, and removed the controller from the box, and then TRADED IT IN AT GAMESTOP for $10 credit. So I basically got the xbox live games for about $1 each.

This thing is FLIMSY, they outta call it the CRAP-STICK.... weighs LESS than a pack of cigs...

bread's done
Back