X-Box Live Gold pack $36.00 at K-Mart

Jedah Doma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I went to my local K-Mart and they had X-Box Live Gold packs for just $36.00. They're on clearance so I'm not sure if this is a local thing or something national, but I thought I would give you all the heads up so you could keep and eye out for it.

Hmm...I wonder..is microsoft backdooring a price reduction in their Live service in response to the other two's free online services? These cheap live deals have been popping up quite a bit.

[quote name='sonicdescent']Hmm...I wonder..is microsoft backdooring a price reduction in their Live service in response to the other two's free online services? These cheap live deals have been popping up quite a bit.[/quote] I think it may be geared more towards the new movie/tv download service, moreso than the PS3 and Wii having free online, only because they probably want to push their $6 HD-DVD rentals, lol.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I think it may be geared more towards the new movie/tv download service, moreso than the PS3 and Wii having free online, only because they probably want to push their $6 HD-DVD rentals, lol.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the video marketplace available to Silver level members as well?

[quote name='jfuze']The 360 Live packs or the Xbox1 kits? j/w[/QUOTE]

Nope. it's the 360 packs. I even did a double take just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It's a damn good deal for LIVE.

I'm sure they don't have them at the local K-Mart, but I could definitely use one. Maybe I'll go by sometime soon.

I actually saw (and bought) the last one on clearance here at the Christiansburg, VA K-mart. It was the box that includes, the wired headset (a spare for me I suppose), 12 months of live, the live arcade pool game and like 200 marketplace points. It was also supposed to have a 20 dollar rebate but that expired back in June. Still, came to about 3 dollars a month for live plus everything else, great deal.

[quote name='HuskAir']$36 for what?? What pack??? 1 year subscription?[/QUOTE]

12 Month Xbox Live Gold membership
Xbox 360™ Headset
$20 Xbox 360 Game Rebate Card
200 Microsoft® Points
Bankshot Billiards Xbox Live Arcade Game

Really a comparable deal to the $40 Camera, if you'd rather have Billiards and the $20 rebate than a silly camera and a couple silly games.

[quote name='Halo05']I actually saw (and bought) the last one on clearance here at the Christiansburg, VA K-mart. [/QUOTE]

Damn you! :lol:

[quote name='PyroGamer']12 Month Xbox Live Gold membership
Xbox 360™ Headset
200 Microsoft® Points

Really a comparable deal to the $40 Camera, if you'd rather have Billiards and the $20 rebate than a silly camera and a couple silly games.[/quote]
Just picked the last one up at my K-Mart in MN. Unfortunately the $20 rebate expired on 6-30-06, which makes the Clearance make sense. Still a great deal, though.

[quote name='Halo05']I actually saw (and bought) the last one on clearance here at the Christiansburg, VA K-mart. It was the box that includes, the wired headset (a spare for me I suppose), 12 months of live, the live arcade pool game and like 200 marketplace points. It was also supposed to have a 20 dollar rebate but that expired back in June. Still, came to about 3 dollars a month for live plus everything else, great deal.[/QUOTE]

Holy Moly, someone else in C'burg:) I got one of these from the C'burg kmart about a week before turkey day. Would have been nice to get a valid BB code but for 36 I can live without it.

-A

[quote name='PyroGamer']12 Month Xbox Live Gold membership
Xbox 360™ Headset
200 Microsoft® Points

Really a comparable deal to the $40 Camera, if you'd rather have Billiards and the $20 rebate than a silly camera and a couple silly games.[/quote]

Uno and Robotron are not silly.

[quote name='bluwapadoo']Isn't the 20 dollars off coupon expired?

Does it have an expiration date?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Yes. June 30, 2006

[quote name='D-Rock']Just picked the last one up at my K-Mart in MN. Unfortunately the $20 rebate expired on 6-30-06, which makes the Clearance make sense. Still a great deal, though.[/QUOTE]

which MN k-mart? any idea how long it will last (or now that that store is sold out they wont restock any more at that price?)

[quote name='spincut']which MN k-mart? any idea how long it will last (or now that that store is sold out they wont restock any more at that price?)[/quote]

It was at the one in New Hope. I haven't heard about any of the other K-Marts yet. There were a few 3month starter packs too, I know they were at a discount, but I didn't check the price. (They were the ones with the headset too.)

I went to mine and They barely had any video game stuff. They did have a rack with games under $20 and I picked up Crimson Skies for $15 and Jade Empire for $20.

Don't know if that was a deal, but it was worth it for me.

[quote name='vanhanz']I went to mine and They barely had any video game stuff. They did have a rack with games under $20 and I picked up Crimson Skies for $15 and Jade Empire for $20.

Don't know if that was a deal, but it was worth it for me.[/QUOTE]

Not really, Crimson could be had at GS/EB used for $4 and Jade Empire is $10.

[quote name='sonicdescent']Isn't the video marketplace available to Silver level members as well?[/QUOTE]

yes

Sir_Fragalot is mistaken

and they aren't HD-DVD rentals, they are WMV

how wonder how long this is for, and if i will still able to jump on it at my nearby MN k-mart when i get back home in the next couple weeks.

[quote name='sesshoumarusama']mine has them for sale at 47.99[/quote]

have the guy ring them up

that's what the box on mine said and I insisted that he ring it up

he did

I got it for 36

I too am consistantly surprised that they still exist.

I'm 27 now, I can remember back 20ish years pretty reliably and I've never, ever been in a nice K-mart. Nice Targets, sure, nice Wal-Marts, maybe, K-marts constantly look like they've been looted recently.

I think $35 a year for xbox live is a great deal. There is no way that Nintendo or Sony is going to be able to provide the quality online gaming service that MS is with LIVE. I know people get crazy for free stuff, but once everyone gets on to either of the competitors they will have to at some point charge you to play in some way. Bandwidth isn't free and neither is the NOC equipment and personell you need to keep something like an online gaming community going. Just looks at WoW for $15 a month. $35 is a good deal. Just my 2 cents, i'd rather it remained a pay for item in order to expect and receive a certain level of quality in the service.

Picked one up last night, great deal. I needed this for Christmas, and this is great since I missed the Vision bundle deal on Black Friday. It was on a rack that needed an employee to unlock it. So I had him come over and asked to check the price, and he just looked at it and read $69.99. Then I asked to ring it up and it was $36. It was the last one, and it was behind two Vision bundles, so I almost didn't find it, but I'm glad I did. BB2 is $15 on Live Arcade, so it is like a year of live for $21, although I wouldn't have bought BB2 seperately anyway.

Just scored on this deal at the annapolis, md kmart. The floor was empty but I had them check in the warehouse and they had a whole stack. Thanks OP!

i'd totally be in on this, is the deal still going? is it while supllies last or something? because i wont definetly have an Xbox360 until chrismas.

I did this yesterday. One store only had an opened box, but I passed on that. Another store had 1 left and the woman in front of me got it. Finally found one at a third store. Comes w/ headset and all that, but the rebate for $20 off is expired. Still a hell of a deal though.

[quote name='Surferflames']I did this yesterday. One store only had an opened box, but I passed on that. Another store had 1 left and the woman in front of me got it. Finally found one at a third store. Comes w/ headset and all that, but the rebate for $20 off is expired. Still a hell of a deal though.[/QUOTE]

oh you mean the rebate for the game that comes inside the box?

You still get the marketplace points though and it's still 36 from kmart right? if so then yeah it's really worth it even with the rebate expired.

[quote name='spincut']oh you mean the rebate for the game that comes inside the box?

You still get the marketplace points though and it's still 36 from kmart right? if so then yeah it's really worth it even with the rebate expired.[/quote]

Correct, and it is the new packaging. I believe everything other than the rebate(as mentioned) expires 06/07.

[quote name='Surferflames']Correct, and it is the new packaging. I believe everything other than the rebate(as mentioned) expires 06/07.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean, what else is there to expire? It's a year from when you start it right?

and does anyone know when the offer from kmart is over? is it supplies last or what? Now that i'm back in MN i may try over the next couple days though, since almost half off plus getting some free market place points definetly seems worth it.

Xbox Live cards have a little "activate by" date on them. If you don't atleast apply it to your account by that date, it becomes void.

ah i see, so all that you really lose at this point is the 20 dollar game rebate, and the only thing is the card that is good until next summer.

Still wondering how long this Kmart deal lasts, as i wont be able to check for a few more days.

bread's done
Back