X-Com Complete at Direct2drive $1.69

They have Prey for 2.50 as well, apparently no steam activation though. Theres some good stuff there thanks for the heads up!

Damn I never got the third "true" xcom and got but never played the flight and fps games. Worth it just to get the last one and to not have a bunch of floppies. I haven't used D2D before. Good service? Games like this optimized to run properly in XP?

I like D2D. Not as good as steam, of course, but other than a recommended download manager you can download, you can make a shortcut and play your games without any hassle whatsoever. Nothing between you and the games.

I'd recommend it.

I have the bundle from D2D. I keep all of the games on an USB drive and install it when ever I want to play. Works well in Vista and XP.

I went ahead and got the x-com pack, had a 5.00 credit from a while back. If your an oldschool gamer that never got around to x-com its worth playing because the formula has never been copied in the way the first three in the trilogy deliver. If you are at least a 6th gen gamer and look for originality and challenge rather then graphics and instant gratification, then you will definetly appreciate this game for the milestone it was during its time period. Also so far no problem playing these windows 7 64 bit.

[quote name='supershammy']Steam doesn't PM.[/QUOTE]
And neither does Amazon officially, and yet how often do items go on sale at the same time as BB?

Still thinking about this... should probably just bite the bullet but I KNOW I'll buy it and the price will drop.

Before anyone asks, yes, the first two games and maybe the others, are worth every cent you will pay for these. The graphics are horrible in comparison to today's standards and they weren't really good back then. I go back and play the first two ever couple years still because they are so damn addicting still. If you can get past the ugly interface, you will get to play one of the most interesting and unique turn based strategy games you've ever played.

For what it's worth, I recommend these wholeheartedly. Some of my favorite games of all times and deftly balances turn based combat, resource management, and base building/RPG elements all at the same time. It's a wonderful mix that I wish would be emulated with modern graphics, but alas, we're stuck with this low res crap. But the birght side is, everything in the combat sections of the game is destructible. This alone, besides all the other fantastic aspects of the game, make it worth playing.

[quote name='vherub']the 20% off holidaytreats code should work on any of these games, no minimum[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks, $1.35 with the code! I downloaded to a thumbdrive so it's easier than digging out my discs whenever I get the XCOM jones.

bread's done
Back