X-Files (All Seasons) $19.99 ea. @ Best Buy (online and in store)

if you miss out these goto 20 at least once every month or two, so its not an amazing deal, one time they got to 10 bucks each with a FOX TVDVD coupon

If you're a Costco member, there is a coupon for B1G1 free on X-Files S1-9 and Stargate SG-1 S1-10 good from 4/13 to 5/3. The price for X-Files at my Costco was $24.99, so $12.50 each. (Didn't look at Stargate price.)

I remember paying around $75 a season when The X-Files was first released on DVD. Of course, this was back in the dawn of the TV-on-DVD era, when every show was crazy expensive and I hadn't discovered CAG and my true calling as a cheapass yet, so I was dumb enough to pay retail. :wall:

[quote name='rkndkn']If you're a Costco member, there is a coupon for B1G1 free on X-Files S1-9 and Stargate SG-1 S1-10 good from 4/13 to 5/3. The price for X-Files at my Costco was $24.99, so $12.50 each. (Didn't look at Stargate price.)[/quote]

Where do you get the coupon?

I am really tempted to get the X Files, wasn't the black Friday deal about $12.50 each?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Where do you get the coupon?

I am really tempted to get the X Files, wasn't the black Friday deal about $12.50 each?[/quote]

Where can I get this coupon?

[quote name='rkndkn']If you're a Costco member, there is a coupon for B1G1 free on X-Files S1-9 and Stargate SG-1 S1-10 good from 4/13 to 5/3. The price for X-Files at my Costco was $24.99, so $12.50 each. (Didn't look at Stargate price.)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Not a member of Costco, but I have family who is. :)

Sounds interesting, and the show must be good if it lasted that long, but does the show maintain its greatness throughout the series or taper off towards the end? I dont wanna invest and finish 9 seasons and think back and realize i have gone no where from the first season. Is that how this show is?

[quote name='havoksin']Sounds interesting, and the show must be good if it lasted that long, but does the show maintain its greatness throughout the series or taper off towards the end? I dont wanna invest and finish 9 seasons and think back and realize i have gone no where from the first season. Is that how this show is?[/quote]

where have you been!! lol j/k Anyway i grew up with this series, the storyline is great through most or all of the seasons. Storyline you won't get tired of it as it takes many twists and turns!! I bought season 1 a long time ago but these prices are too great, its time to relive what once was The X-files!!

I was just looking around the internet and found this!! For the price not bad, i am sure some of the extra are missing (that would be found on the individual seasons)

http://stores.boxset4me.com/-strse-49/Xfiles-x-dsh-files-complete-dvd/Detail.bok?sfs=d1732d30

Anyone shop on this site before? are they legit? Any other thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Needles-Kane']Where do you get the coupon?

I am really tempted to get the X Files, wasn't the black Friday deal about $12.50 each?[/quote]

The Buy One, Get One Free coupon for The X-Files is in the coupon booklets mailed to Costco members -- I received mine about 10 days ago. This booklet included several DVD-related ones -- the other 2 were $6.00 off Disney Blu-Rays and $5.00 off Fox New Release DVD assortment. All are good until 5/3. If you didn't receive yours in the mail, perhaps they may have extras at customer service.

And havoksin -- it's a great show. While it couldn't maintain the quality through all 9 seasons due to cast issues/changes and an ever-convoluted story arc, there are also many brilliant stand alone episodes especially in the early seasons. Some creepy, some humorous but all very imaginative.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rkndkn']there are also many brilliant stand alone episodes especially in the early seasons. Some creepy, some humorous but all very imaginative.[/QUOTE]

I wish they packaged a Monster of the Week themed set. I don't care to watch the mythology episodes again.

[quote name='bones56']
I was just looking around the internet and found this!! For the price not bad, i am sure some of the extra are missing (that would be found on the individual seasons)

http://stores.boxset4me.com/-strse-49/Xfiles-x-dsh-files-complete-dvd/Detail.bok?sfs=d1732d30

Anyone shop on this site before? are they legit? Any other thoughts?[/QUOTE]

That's damn cool. And a good price.

Wonder if they're legit as they have other complete series for a steal as well.

Today I grabbed what i needed for 19.99 at bby, so i finished off my xfiles collection. I just hope i don't see it on bluray this christmas.. lol

bread's done
Back